What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tim if your point was true about sydney.

There are say 60k fans that go to the 3 games

And they average say 20k a game

How come on the weeks when Sydney has 1 game it doesn't get 60k ??

Sydney crowds do not really cross pollinate accross team lines

Every crowd, every club will fluctuate.

To suggest Sydney crowds are somehow lesser because individual matches rarely cap 35-40k is utterly hilarious when there's two entirely different sets of circumstances.

BDR

First Grade
Cowboys-Broncos trial sold out their trial at Alex Inch Oval in Mt Isa, 4000 is the capacity.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Round 1 predictions

Greg Inglis vs SBW 34K
Peter Wallace vs DCE 32k
Haynetrain vs Bro's 18k
Barba vs Thurston 18k
Phil Gould vs Josh Dugan 11k
Cameron Smith vs Steve Price 14k
Luke Lewis vs John Cartwright 15k
Uate vs Benji 24k

Perth Red

Post Whore
So are we allowed to say it was an awesome crowd last night ?

Or is that politically incorrect.

Lets see how many games in Sydney get more than 41k this season

I will say less than 6

And imagine all Stars at ANZ. BORING

I wonder how many of the crowd travelled more than 30mins to get to the ground? That seems to be the problem with Sydney folk difficulty in negotiating long distances.

Clarke

Juniors
Perth got 12k for trial last year, and surprise surprise no trial game this year. WTF?

Don't Perth get 3 NRL games this year instead?

Not sure if true but it was being talked about before ... if it is true how about looking at the positives such as Perth's great results have resulted in them getting more games and higher quality games ... from 1 trial and 1 NRL game to 3 NRL games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When and if we do I will!

Last year we had one trial and two games

At this point we have one game and no trial.

reanimate

Bench
When and if we do I will!

Last year we had one trial and two games

At this point we have one game and no trial.

One game? Wtf ARLC... They should be increasing the number of games Perth gets every year, not reducing them. :crazy:

Stagger Lee

Bench
At the very least they should remain the same. Investment in grounds need some returns.

If we had a longer season and more games per year it would be easier to send a few more games to Perth / Other locations but that is for another /thread

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given we have the draw to rd 20 I am not overly confident we will see two games come to Perth in rds 21-26,especially as after rd 22 the pitch at nib is being dug up and relaid.

Given the successes of last years games, the push for expansion to Perth and Grant's comments when he was in Perth last year I am staggered there are no games scheduled until sth's in July.

Nib will be finished next month and pitch not dug up until July so this was the ideal time to be having games in Perth.

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
Pretty good pre-game crowd building for a trail between the Warriors and Panthers.

BDMWahyCAAAHPxY.jpg:large

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Clubs are reporting there was "10k+" there.

Great stuff

Perth Red

Post Whore
Over 12K @ the Cowboys Vs Dragons trial up at Cairns. Great job up there to all the fans!

I see in today's paper they are predicting a Melbourne afl club will eventually relocate to FNQ Maybe cowboys need to strengthen their presence in cairns and play a trial and couple of NRL games there a year?

Offer a cairns membership with the three games plus any one game in Townsville?

Status
Not open for further replies.