What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Consistantly playing on a Friday night doesnt help, Brisbane officials have stated this. A few more Sunday afternoon games would help bump them up a tad

Broncos have pulled crowds around 25k for past Sunday arvo games. They are just rubbish bandwagon fans up there

jc155776

Coach
17.5k against a traditional low drawing team is a great result for the sharkies.

Hopefully the win sees them all return next home game along with a few thousand cuzzy bros supporting the warriors.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well done sharks fans, your club needs you now more than ever, stick with them. Usual mix of ok and disappointing crowds for rd1.

Frailty

First Grade
Storm: 16,251

I was in the Melbourne CBD today, and the amount of storm jerseys, shirts, and hats I saw roaming around the city when the game was on I would have thought the game was sold out.

They need to take advantage of the fan base down there that aren't going to games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I was in the Melbourne CBD today, and the amount of storm jerseys, shirts, and hats I saw roaming around the city when the game was on I would have thought the game was sold out.

They need to take advantage of the fan base down there that aren't going to games.

I simply can not understand people who call themselves fans of a club and don't go to watch them play. Makes no sense to me.

applesauce

Bench
Broncos have pulled crowds around 25k for past Sunday arvo games. They are just rubbish bandwagon fans up there

I think we have a false perception of support for the Broncos.

There is a huge bandwagon contingent but also many fans that turn up to games are not Broncos supporters. Just in my section and view I saw a person in a Warriors jersey, a Parramatta jersey, a Dragons jersey and oddly enough a person in a Roosters jersey with a Storm cap on....

I think Brisbane is a RL city, with a single team that benefits from that. We have a huge number of bandwagoners and a lot of success in the last 25years to keep that rolling.

But at the end of the day we average 35k a game and that is money in the bank for my club, you guys can bitch all you want that it is disappointing but any team in the comp would kill for our situation.

M2D2

Bench
The only thing i bitch about brisbane is their treatment from channel 9 and from i hear from the majority of brisbanes fans (albeit only from the Sydney fans and the fans on here) dont like it either.

Evenflow

Bench
I simply can not understand people who call themselves fans of a club and don't go to watch them play. Makes no sense to me.

Pretty sure the vast majority of people Frailty saw in the CBD wearing Storm jerseys and things would've been at the game. No doubt he saw plenty but i highly doubt it was 16,000 odd.....

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
Good crowd for the sharks but pretty crap from the Melbourne lot...makes me think the attitude in Melbourne is different from Sydneysiders.
Lol at the so called Wanderers sell out but just think Penrith so move now.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good crowd for the sharks but pretty crap from the Melbourne lot...makes me think the attitude in Melbourne is different from Sydneysiders.
Lol at the so called Wanderers sell out but just think Penrith so move now.

Aside from cronulla did any Sydney team have more home fans at a game this weekend than Melbourne had? Maybe sth's and that's it. Double standards?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
13k tomorrow at Hunter (almost certain you'd think) will see this year's R1 eclipse last years.

Last year had two sub-10k's in pouring rain though.

DIOGENES

Juniors
That would still make it 2nd lowest rd 1 since 2005 (and beaten by 1995 and 1999). I thought the NRL tried to put a few blockbusters on for Rd 1 but with the possible exception of souths v easts there was much of an attraction this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts