What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
35,952 Roosters V Souths
meh , not a fan short of what it should have been .. maybe even a few shy , 40K should have been reached.

31,139 Broncos V Manly
appalling

13,351 Parra V Warriors , hmmmm looked every bit as big as the Wanderers crowd yesterday of 16K

11,627 Dogs V Cows , mistake to take it to Gosford as the locals have no affection for the Dogs & the Cowboys would be one of the lowest drawing sides in NSW , dogs understrength .. no benny barba etc

10,882 Penrith V Raiders , about what was expected, in searing heat not a bad turnout.

16,251 Storm V Dragons , searing stifling oppressive conditions for fans. Play that the previous night & we get 20K minimum.
a pass mark.

17,541 Sharks V Titans , good crowd ... albeit a lot bigger then what would have been expected under different circumstances.

tonight at Hunter ?
22 to 25K ?

a bit down overall on expectations
but certainly not a disaster for rnd 1.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Eh 13 k in a 30000 stadium how is that ?

Stupid troll is stupid.

13k is the figure needed for this year's R1 aggregate to surpass last year's.

There is little doubt that there will be far more than 13k there. 20k minimum. Hoping to get there myself.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Stupid troll is stupid.

13k is the figure needed for this year's R1 aggregate to surpass last year's.

There is little doubt that there will be far more than 13k there. 20k minimum. Hoping to get there myself.

Piss off mate.

This post from Raiderdave was either drug induced or from an alternate reality. The second highest crowd of the round was appalling and the genuinely appalling crowds are all given excuses.

35,952 Roosters V Souths
meh , not a fan short of what it should have been .. maybe even a few shy , 40K should have been reached.

Agreed. Should've reached 40k, especially after all the hype around the game.

31,139 Broncos V Manly
appalling

Hardly. But what's good for the goose (a word I use advisedly) is good for the gander, so I will follow your lead.

13,351 Parra V Warriors , hmmmm looked every bit as big as the Wanderers crowd yesterday of 16K

Appalling.

"But but but... the crowd was miscounted."

11,627 Dogs V Cows , mistake to take it to Gosford as the locals have no affection for the Dogs & the Cowboys would be one of the lowest drawing sides in NSW , dogs understrength .. no benny barba etc

Appalling.

"But but but... it was a team from interstate, and the draw was against us. And there were good players who aren't playing at the moment."

10,882 Penrith V Raiders , about what was expected, in searing heat not a bad turnout.

Appalling.

"But but but... half full and barely getting into 5 figures in the first round of the competition is actually quite good."

16,251 Storm V Dragons , searing stifling oppressive conditions for fans. Play that the previous night & we get 20K minimum.
a pass mark.

A good crowd this one for the Storm. Unlike Brisbane, I suppose you actually acknowledge that the Storm have other competitors in the sporting market?

17,541 Sharks V Titans , good crowd ... albeit a lot bigger then what would have been expected under different circumstances.

17k is a good crowd but 31k is appalling? Did your Maths teacher not explain the difference between the ">" and "<" signs?

"But but but... we have 9 teams is and is so much harder for us to draw a crowd to that many games."

a bit down overall on expectations
but certainly not a disaster for rnd 1.

Good thing that Brisbane is there to drag the average up for all of those appalling NSW crowds.

Last edited:
Some more great analysis, RD. Andrew Bolt would like your post. Displays his level of intelligence and analytical ability.

Objectively poor crowds are acceptable if they are spread around more teams.

Tell me, are one million people earning one dollar each are they better off than the man who earns a million dollars to himself?

That is your logic.

And it is flawed. Appalling, some might say.

Keep repeating it. It won't make you right.

I assume that you say debate ends here because you don't want to defend the indefensible.

Last edited:

rooster25

Juniors
Aside from cronulla did any Sydney team have more home fans at a game this weekend than Melbourne had? Maybe sth's and that's it. Double standards?

You mean Easts? It was a roosters home game. I think all crowds have been not too bad besides penrith vs Canberra, 10 000 is extremely poor. Easts vs Souths would of sold out had it been on fri night not thurs night.

Flapper

First Grade
Brisbane's crowd shouldve been higher. 31k isnt that big a number when you compare it to previous numbers. So instead of trying to deflect like a boss just come out and admit that although it's a big number, putting it in context to Brisbane's previous crowd figures it isnt that good.

Brisbane's crowd shouldve been higher. 31k isnt that big a number when you compare it to previous numbers. So instead of trying to deflect like a boss just come out and admit that although it's a big number, putting it in context to Brisbane's previous crowd figures it isnt that good.

Gee what a great idea. I wish I had said something like that. Oh, hang on...

I was at the game last night, and as a member I am almost invariably at the game (unless something unforeseen arises), and I agree with the sentiment that 31k is on the low side for a season opener. I love going to the 40-50k season opener at Suncorp. Last night felt flat, and was only exacerbated by the worst crowd interaction ever conceived: the Rally Towel.

Any other lightbulbs appearing above your head... Boss?

Frailty

First Grade
Pretty sure the vast majority of people Frailty saw in the CBD wearing Storm jerseys and things would've been at the game. No doubt he saw plenty but i highly doubt it was 16,000 odd.....

Nope this is as I was leaving an exhibition at 3:45pm.. Unless they left extremely early or were running extremely late - they were not attending the game.

Flapper

First Grade
Gee what a great idea. I wish I had said something like that. Oh, hang on...

Any other lightbulbs appearing above your head... Boss?

Forgive me if I don't read every single one of your posts, considering the vast majority of your latest efforts are hysterically jumping up and down whenever someone dares criticise the Broncos.

Forgive me if I don't read every single one of your posts, considering the vast majority of your latest efforts are hysterically jumping up and down whenever someone dares criticise the Broncos.

Forgive me for not complying with the de rigueur double standard that calls a 31k crowd "shit", "pathetic" and "appalling" but will invent any excuse under the sun to forgive a crowd a third of the size.

As for "hysterical"... I guess that the city that gives a living to Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt views as hysterical any opinion that strays from a certain narrow orthodoxy, and criticises outsiders accordingly.

Stop the boats!
Stop the climate change lie!
Stop the Broncos!

Anyway, in response, I forgive you for shooting off at the mouth (well, keyboard) and getting it completely wrong.

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
Forgive me for not complying with the de rigueur double standard that calls a 31k crowd "shit", "pathetic" and "appalling" but will invent any excuse under the sun to forgive a crowd a third of the size.

As for "hysterical"... I guess that the city that gives a living to Alan Jones and Andrew Bolt views as hysterical any opinion that strays from a certain narrow orthodoxy, and criticises outsiders accordingly.

Stop the boats!
Stop the climate change lie!
Stop the Broncos!

Anyway, in response, I forgive you for shooting off at the mouth (well, keyboard) and getting it completely wrong.

If you don't understand why Brisbane getting a crowd just twice as big as Cronulla's for their 25th anniversary celebration is less than impressive then this is really the only reasonable response.

b0b.jpg

Nice work, firechild. If it is too difficult to actually read my posts or think of anything original to say, why not post a picture instead?

See, if you were able to read... my posts you would've seen that not only did I agree that the crowd in Brisbane was less than impressive, I was actually attacking (a) the mindless defence of underwhelming crowds in Sydney and surrounding environs, and (b) the relentless attack of Brisbane despite objective success.

And in defence of the mindless you post the witless.

I won't post a picture in return.

I am sure that you can count to Nuffie without the help of a diagram.

Last edited:

mattystans000

Juniors
23,257 needed at Newcastle tonight to reach a Rd1 Total Attendance of 160,000 and a Rd1 Average Crowd of 20,000. Would be the first 20,000+ Rd1 Avg. Crowd since 2011. So far, there have only been 2 sub-20k Rd1 Avg. Crowds in the last decade: 2004 & 2012.

Brutus

Referee
Nice work, firechild. If it is too difficult to actually read my posts or think of anything original to say, why not post a picture instead?

See, if you were able to read... my posts you would've seen that not only did I agree that the crowd in Brisbane was less than impressive, I was actually attacking (a) the mindless defence of underwhelming crowds in Sydney and surrounding environs, and (b) the relentless attack of Brisbane despite objective success.

Stop counting to potato.

firechild

First Grade

I'd say 16k was a good crowd for the Sharks considering the situation along with the fact that their opponent was an out of state team widely tipped to be spoon contenders.

You got upset because other fans suggested 31k was poor. It is, very poor given the significance of the game. You reject the idea that Brisbane, a rugby league heartland with about 3 million people, should be getting crowds many times higher than regions of Sydney with 250-400k people. Your logic is flawed.

I'm not saying 10k is a good figure, Penrith and Canterbury's crowds were disappointing, but Brisbane's were atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.