What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
Next week will obviously be down but there are a few potential big crowds in there. Friday night there is the broncos and the dogs/tigers which hopefully can bring in 60K or so (optimistic i know). Roosters/panthers should also get 20K+ on a sunday afternoon, in the form they're in you would expect a good crowd (would love to see it surprise us like the souths/storm crowd).

The knights will probably also get a decent crowd on a Sunday arvo. Will be an interesting week for sure as the rest i've got no idea on.

LMAO at Roosters/Panthers getting 20k. They barely got over that for a wk2 finals match 3yrs ago.

thorson1987

Coach
Tickets to dogs v tigers were being sold for one day last week at 1988 prices apparently. Think it was Friday.

Can't remember the prices though.

reanimate

Bench
The fumbleball got 22000 in New Zealand - I don't know how they do it

This is how:

AFLGamedaySaintsLive.jpg

Free tickets, upon free tickets, upon free tickets. And the tickets they did charge for were being sold for $5, and that $5 got you four tickets.

H.H

Juniors
LMAO at Roosters/Panthers getting 20k. They barely got over that for a wk2 finals match 3yrs ago.

23k I think it was...with an absolute max of 1.5k Panther fans.

We got 12k last year on a Sunday arvo, so should get 15-16k this year if a nice day.

DC_fan

Coach
This is how:

AFLGamedaySaintsLive.jpg

Free tickets, upon free tickets, upon free tickets. And the tickets they did charge for were being sold for $5, and that $5 got you four tickets.

I think they call that promoting their game.

On a more serious note, two very good NRL crowds today. Lets hope the media talk this up tomorrow.

H.H

Juniors
Does anyone know roosters average this year including today ??

Touch over 26k after today...good thing is that in all games (including Dogs, Souffs and Dragons) Roosters supporters have absolutely dominated in those games.

Few myths being busted and about time.

Will drop off a bit now as most of our remaining home games are against lower drawing teams but still a very good chance of breaking the 20k mark for the season.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The roosters could seriously have a 100% crowd increase average in one year

Goes to show if you have the cash and the desire to market you can do it

Helps to have a billionaire behind u. Well done uncle nick

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Didn't the dogs play a lot of games in Wellington in early 2000s
That continually got 20k ish

I wouldn't worry to much about 20k in Wellington to a swans game

A one off thing with plenty of freebies isn't an issue

Danish

Referee
Watching the roosters replay right now and I am really struggling to see where these 3000+ empty seats are.

Can someone that was sitting on the eastern side of the ground tell me if there were a whole heap of empty tickets on the top level of the western stand? I honestly could only see a few empty seats in the corporate boxes at the southern end from my seat today. Every last bay was full.

The cynic in me thinks that maybe the roosters have kept a couple thousand in their back pocket to tack on to a lower drawing game later in the year

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Didn't the dogs play a lot of games in Wellington in early 2000s
That continually got 20k ish

I wouldn't worry to much about 20k in Wellington to a swans game

A one off thing with plenty of freebies isn't an issue

I think the first game was around 27,000, then in 02 it was probably almost the same figure. I dont know about 2003, mightve been about 20,000 but I think the last time the club game was played there in 2004 it mightve got a tad under 20,000.

But nothing really to worry about, I reckon they'll be a strong crowd for Warriors/Dogs match.

Status
Not open for further replies.