What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What is hopeless scheduling? Unless we abandon NRL on Mother's Day, we're never gonna get a good crowd on that day.

Dragons fans HATE that they're playing at ANZ - and were clearly outnumbered today. It showed. Probably some Benji protests too.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Mother's Day Crowd History:

Knights v Panthers @ Hunter: 13,682
Dragons v Bulldogs @ ANZ: 21,077
Round 9 AVG: 17,524 (7 Games)

Panthers v Storm @ Sportingbet: 7,803
Titans v Dragons @ Cbus: 12,117
Raiders v Knights @ GIO: 10,453
Round 9 AVG: 13,784

Raiders v Eels @ GIO: 9,210
Sharks v Storm @ Remondis: 14,595
Round 10 AVG: 15,694 (Double header featured at Suncorp on Friday)

Dragons v Cowboys @ Kogarah: 13,056
Titans v Warriors @ Cbus: 17,285
Round 11 AVG: 17,666 (Split Round/ 4 games)

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nailed it. Crowds have been rubbish for years on Mother's Day

guyver78

Juniors
Exactly. People just love an excuse these days

Yeah exactly, what are they supposed to do stop footy for the weekend because it's mothers day.

We play so many games that this is happening to all teams. Sometimes you think a game has all the makings of a good turn out and 20,000 people only turn up.

russ13

First Grade
Brilliant crowd, considering form.

I think the Crusaders have the biggest expat supporters base of all the NZ union's franchises.

Anyway there will be a massive hole in their aggregate crowd numbers
this year because the Reds won't make the finals.

Yesterday in the Sunday-Mail at page 62 there was an article about this season's Brisbane Football codes crowds (regular season).

Soccer 14,956 up from 13,417;
Broncos 37,954 (this season);
Union 28,212 (this season)
AFL 19,855 (this season)

I buy a ticket on game day, why purchase a ticket days out and not use if you're not going. Give it away to someone you know or to someone who could attend. Must be frustrating for broncos administration to see a slight differential in tickets sold and actual attendance.

I buy a ticket on game day, why purchase a ticket days out and not use if you're not going. Give it away to someone you know or to someone who could attend. Must be frustrating for broncos administration to see a slight differential in tickets sold and actual attendance.

I suppose I am one of those not using the odd ticket. It's is matter going to as many games as a member as I can, but sometimes there are just things that I can't get out of on a Friday night... and every bloody game is on a Friday night, right?

Edit (in general): as to the whole not having games on Mothers Day, what a nonsense. If the Reds can draw that sort of crowd so can we.

Parra: 12,541. Good for MNF. It's puzzling the Reds outdrew league on Sunday afternoon, the preferred time-slot of league fans in particular a game between Dragons/Dogs. No excuses for disappointing crowds on perfect Sunday afternoons.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
MNF crowd average is 15.8k,if you take out the 50k from the Eels/Tigers game its 10.8k

Parra were right in the middle tonight

BlueandGold

Juniors
I think the Crusaders have the biggest expat supporters base of all the NZ union's franchises.

Anyway there will be a massive hole in their aggregate crowd numbers
this year because the Reds won't make the finals.

Yesterday in the Sunday-Mail at page 62 there was an article about this season's Brisbane Football codes crowds (regular season).

Soccer 14,956 up from 13,417;
Broncos 37,954 (this season);
Union 28,212 (this season)
AFL 19,855 (this season)

What i find funny is how rugby union fans think the reds outdraw the Broncos......:crazy::lol:

What i find funny is how rugby union fans think the reds outdraw the Broncos......:crazy::lol:

In 2012 and 2013 the Reds did outdraw us in:

2012 - 34218 (Reds) / 33377 (Broncs)
2013 - 31847 (Reds) / 30480 (Broncs)

Fortunately, things are returning to normal this year, notwithstanding the good crowd for the Reds on Mothers Day.

BlueandGold

Juniors
In 2012 and 2013 the Reds did outdraw us in:

2012 - 34218 (Reds) / 33377 (Broncs)
2013 - 31847 (Reds) / 30480 (Broncs)

Fortunately, things are returning to normal this year, notwithstanding the good crowd for the Reds on Mothers Day.

Yeah they did but the Broncos were a farce in those years and never droped below 30k ave............now the Reds are loosing and dropping below 30k already.

Broncos are traveling okay and the crowd gap between Reds and Broncos is nearly 10k in 2014.

VictoryFC

Bench
You also don't need to spend a dime if you want to watch most of Broncos matches every season, which will obviously affect gates, especially when they're struggling.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Parra: 12,541. Good for MNF. It's puzzling the Reds outdrew league on Sunday afternoon, the preferred time-slot of league fans in particular a game between Dragons/Dogs. No excuses for disappointing crowds on perfect Sunday afternoons.

Parra confuses me. They have reported what looks like far more in the stands at previous games as 11 and 12k yet tonight with clearly less people in the stand facing the camera it is 12.5k. I can't work out why they do this

Vor

It was bad when reds outdrew broncos 2 years straight, it was worse when the lions outdrew broncos in the early 00s by a fair margin. It should never ever happen again in a strong league heartland in Brisbane, must be no.1 attended at all time imo. Bandwagon Brisbane is a common to hop on it seems based on the fluctuating attendence numbers of all codes there. At one point, Brisbane look like afl city compare to broncos back then in 00s. Please explain how this occur vor and other broncos fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.