What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Ok fair enough. You did not address the fact that this is one of our codes biggest rivalries. ?
13 thousand. ?
If this same game was played in Brisbane, at Suncorp, last night, it would probably have got 30 thousand.

Dude. No.

BlueandGold

Juniors
With the proper marketing ,,,, yes.
The problem with our code has always been marketing. It stinks, still does.
As someone mentioned, this game played while two AFL games were on in Melbourne at the same time last night, while today was free is why our code has always struggled.
I think they could sell the big 3 queensland players to a queensland audience who follow our code, ,,,so yes.
Didn't they get 20 odd thousand to a dogs storm trail game (at suncorp) early this year. ??

No they got 10k to that trail game.

Anz crowd is unacceptable for a sunny afternoon against rivals. In particular from the bulldogs side whose team is on a win streak. Mother's day would be a excuse I guess. Swans have the highest crowd in nsw easily. 'Heartland'

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
13682 at Hunter. Considering they're a spoon contender that isn't a big surprise.

Maybe 20k at ANZ. I was expecting 10k more at least.

undertaker

Coach
13682 at Hunter. Considering they're a spoon contender that isn't a big surprise.

Maybe 20k at ANZ. I was expecting 10k more at least.

13,682 is below average crowd for us, but not surprising given not only the inclement weather, but also the crap performances we've dished out recently. The home supporters definitely deserve a refund after today's performance.

Apey

Staff member
It was pretty obvious going to the Knights game today that it was going to absolutely piss down at some point, I think that would have put a fair few off coming along. That and we're shit, of course.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
More hopeless NRL scheduling kills a crowd.

What more can they do. The fans want Sunday arvo footy so the nrl has responded with several big sydney clashes at 3pm this year, unfortunately the fans haven't responded very well. Sometimes they get it wrong but of late the blame lies with the fans, this fixture should be 30-40k

Red Bear

Referee
What more can they do. The fans want Sunday arvo footy so the nrl has responded with several big sydney clashes at 3pm this year, unfortunately the fans haven't responded very well. Sometimes they get it wrong but of late the blame lies with the fans, this fixture should be 30-40k
Yeah, but mothers day is notoriously poor for crowds, putting a potential blockbuster match on that day is a good way to lose 10K + IMO.

Although the crowd won't be getting much bigger anyway if ST George keep this form up.

Status
Not open for further replies.