What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The problem is Souths' form is well down on last year. They're barely a 0.500 team this year when last year they were undefeated.

It's about form you troll. We've won 4 of the last 5. We're easily top 3 in the powerankings. They've own 2 of their last 5 and are sliding downhill fast.

Reds played half the amount of home games as the Broncos during 2012 and 2013. Were the Reds' finals crowds included in their average for 2012 and 2013?

Those figures are exclusive of finals.

As passionate as the Queenslander's are sometimes you just have to put things into perspective and come to your senses which is what I think a lot of people have done in this case. In the end it's just a 2 hour footy game and $220 to sit behind the dead ball line is just robbery.

For $260 or thereabouts I have a Broncos 12 game membership behind the posts. I am not doubling that for one game, Origin or no. My old man took me to my first Origin in 1985. I may never have the spare cash to take my kids to Origin. :-(

guyver78

Juniors
For $260 or thereabouts I have a Broncos 12 game membership behind the posts. I am not doubling that for one game, Origin or no. My old man took me to my first Origin in 1985. I may never have the spare cash to take my kids to Origin. :-(

Yeah same, I paid I think $375 for Diamond Category 1 season tickets which also gave me reciprocal rights to 3 away games. It'll be interesting to see what happens if sales don't improve by next week.

If they have to discount them to sell them out that will set a dangerous precedent for next game/year.

Also curious what will happen here in Sydney where people are also a lot less forgiving too.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Those figures are exclusive of finals.

I have not been to origin yet but at the current prices I never will go. In a strange way a half empty stadium might be a win for the fans if it woke hq up to the reality of the incomes of the heardcore fans. They have locked me and many others out for good with these prices.

guyver78

Juniors
I have not been to origin yet but at the current prices I never will go. In a strange way a half empty stadium might be a win for the fans if it woke hq up to the reality of the incomes of the heardcore fans. They have locked me and many others out for good with these prices.

Yeah me too, I used to go just about every year but at $265 or $225 a ticket to sit on Level 6 at ANZ my sky blue jersey will remain in my closet for good from here on in. If only 45,000 turn up to the first game at Suncorp that will be a huge win for the fans and a dismal failure for the NRL.

papabear

Juniors

if you have never been to origin, they are hardly missing any revenue from you..

lol keep prices low so the guy who doesn't go will not complain about not going?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
if you have never been to origin, they are hardly missing any revenue from you..

lol keep prices low so the guy who doesn't go will not complain about not going?

Can you not see the prices are out of reach of much of the codes core support? I am a paid up Roosters member for 5 years now but I cannot justify hundreds of dollars for one game

Chook Norris

First Grade
It's about form you troll. We've won 4 of the last 5. We're easily top 3 in the powerankings. They've own 2 of their last 5 and are sliding downhill fast.

A part of the reason why it drew well last year was you guys were first place on the ladder at that period of time. There would've been a strong want from your fans to prove that you were deserved of your position, and could topple the reigning premiers at the time ie the Storm. There isn't that same factor this year with both teams down on form and on the ladder comparative to last year

guyver78

Juniors
A part of the reason why it drew well last year was you guys were first place on the ladder at that period of time. There would've been a strong want from your fans to prove that you were deserved of your position, and could topple the reigning premiers at the time ie the Storm. There isn't that same factor this year with both teams down on form and on the ladder comparative to last year

It was also a Saturday night 7:30pm game as opposed to a Friday night game and that also makes a difference.

Can you not see the prices are out of reach of much of the codes core support? I am a paid up Roosters member for 5 years now but I cannot justify hundreds of dollars for one game

This, forever this.

There is a balance between maximising revenue and pricing your core demographic out of the game. On a strictly economic front, it might be worth more to have a few thousand seats empty and charge like a wounded bull.

But no matter how much money floats around sport, it isn't only economic. There needs to be some heart.

I've never been to a Waratahs game in Sydney (which sounds like saying "I've never been to a colonoscopy in Kaliningrad") but I am told that that particularly soulless experience is what sport without a heart is like.

Origin tickets are now too high. If Queensland, which has sold them out in minutes for decades, is struggling to move them, then yes Herston, we have a problem.

jc155776

Coach
I have been to about 4 Origins at Suncorp over the past 5 years. Love going, great fun, great atmosphere.

Looked at the prices tonight for this year.

f**k that. f**k that right in the ass.

What a rort. Will watch at home and avoid the f**kwit Maroon supporters (not all are f**kwits, but they are out there trying to be toughnuts on the piss at a footy game).

pHyR3

Juniors
This, forever this.

There is a balance between maximising revenue and pricing your core demographic out of the game. On a strictly economic front, it might be worth more to have a few thousand seats empty and charge like a wounded bull.

But no matter how much money floats around sport, it isn't only economic. There needs to be some heart.

I've never been to a Waratahs game in Sydney (which sounds like saying "I've never been to a colonoscopy in Kaliningrad") but I am told that that particularly soulless experience is what sport without a heart is like.

Origin tickets are now too high. If Queensland, which has sold them out in minutes for decades, is struggling to move them, then yes Herston, we have a problem.

Perfect pricing would mean that every category is sold out the second before kickoff. As they've charged the max price they can for people to buy it and sell it out. If it doesn't sell out then they've priced too high.

People don't complain in USA as much as here about prices. It's simple economics, you can still go to amazing games for peanuts. I paid about $10 through my membership for an amazing atmosphere of 51k at tigers vs eels. Or many of the finals games (excluding GF) or Leichardt games, there are great experiences to be had for not much money.

I know what you mean, but unfortunately that's not how it works anymore.

If that isn't how it works (and bit of me that must be mired in reality knows this I suppose) then, as an earlier comment said, "f**k that. f**k that right in the ass".

I will happily join with the cockroaches in slamming the empty Lang Park seats that should have been sold.

That said, I still hope we otherwise kick your arses. :)

One look at this is enough for me to rekindle the hatred for another year: http://www.qrl.com.au/content/dam/q...den-history/results-of-interstate-matches.pdf

guyver78

Juniors
For me personally once the Category 1 reserved seats went past $150 on Level 1 ANZ that was already too much. I went a few more years after that by buying either restricted view seats or sitting more towards the sides but after last year that's it. This year $170 to sit behind the dead ball line with the Blues supporters and for the seat to still be classified as GOLD keep dreaming.

Now they're literally begging people to buy the remaining 10,000 tickets at Suncorp and they're running an advertising campaign that costs who knows how many thousands of dollars. It's just really poor form on the NRL's part.

juro

Bench
If only 43k turn up, you can look forward to reduced prices next year. If 52k turn up, prices will continue to rise. Simple economics.

Status
Not open for further replies.