What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canard

Immortal
You bought a new category ticket. White ticket which was separated from the silver section which is 220. The new white section is 125, which is very good i might add.

To be honest, 80 dollars for the cheap seats is pretty good, and the new white section is good as well. I think the prices are pretty good now they have introduced the white section, which you bought.

Only 4 thousand tickets left, it will sell out and should be the best origin ever. I also like the fact 360 is being telecast live from Suncorp this year. I am getting goosebumps.

It's not good for the poor saps that paid $220+ for seats right next to the "white" section however.

The bad blood that this has generated cannot be measured in $.

This will impact on Origin ticket sales for years to come.

oikee

Juniors
It's not good for the poor saps that paid $220+ for seats right next to the "white" section however.

The bad blood that this has generated cannot be measured in $.

This will impact on Origin ticket sales for years to come.

I very much doubt that because next year we only get one game, the year after that i think Melbourne get a game, so for the next two years you will be begging borrowing or stealing to get any ticket to Suncorp.
Game 3 might be the last chance fans get to see origin live for at least 3 years at any price.
I think paying 125 (250 for two, which is cheap) or saving up and paying (440 for two), to attend one of the best, "if not the best" , atmospheres in world sport is worth every penny.

Grab a money box, put 5 dollars in their every week, next year you will have 220 dollars for your origin ticket.
I just saved 50 dollars on my last grocery bill. Put it in the piggy bank.

Last edited:

guyver78

Juniors
Grab a money box, put 5 dollars in their every week, next year you will have 220 dollars for your origin ticket.
I just saved 50 dollars on my last grocery bill. Put it in the piggy bank.

Come on guys, are we getting that desperate to see a single footy game??? Is this what it's come down to just to see an Origin game???

Dave Smith came out defending these ticket prices in the paper this morning saying they cater for everybody. Sure $80 for an Origin game is cheap but what $80 buys you at ANZ is absolute garbage, you might as well stay home as you will get a better experience watching your big TV.

As for Suncorp, people will tend to tell you that there's no such thing as a bad seat in the house in Suncorp but having been there personally now it's not true. There are still a lot of seats fairly high up and high up behind the dead ball line that are average to below average. Still a mile in front of ANZ but not worth $80.

Canard

Immortal
I very much doubt that because next year we only get one game, the year after that i think Melbourne get a game, so for the next two years you will be begging borrowing or stealing to get any ticket to Suncorp.
Game 3 might be the last chance fans get to see origin live for at least 3 years at any price.
I think paying 125 (250 for two, which is cheap) or saving up and paying (440 for two), to attend one of the best, "if not the best" , atmospheres in world sport is worth every penny.

Origin will be in Melbourne next year, well technically a "neutral" venue yet to be announced, but we all know it will be Melbourne.

The $125 tickets aren't yet even available for Game 3 of this year let alone mooted for next season.

I can't work out whether you are a bi-polar, work for the QRL or what, because yesterday you were frothing at the mouth posting a diatribe after diatribe about this issue, than the today you are $220 is a great price.

People will be wary of buying $250,$220 going forward because of the concern that the QRL will "introduce" a white section later on.

As for Suncorp, people will tend to tell you that there's no such thing as a bad seat in the house in Suncorp but having been there personally now it's not true. There are still a lot of seats fairly high up and high up behind the dead ball line that are average to below average. Still a mile in front of ANZ but not worth $80.

I think your taking the term to literally. Its more like, in comparison to most other Australian stadiums, Suncorp has lots of good seats.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
NRL should take note of what the AFL is doing. Coupon in todays Liverpool Leader for one free kids ticket and showbag to GWS Giants this saturday.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: So after copping it for years for freebies, we should just copy the AFL and give away tickets?

When did you change to the Tigers anyway? Turncoat.

Not sure if this had been posted yet.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2014/05/21/_15_reasons_to_celebrate_with_us_.html

Problem with the 3 games part, NSW Cup kicks off at 1:10pm.

For the game v the Cowboys, they had $10 but only if you got there before 4. (7.30 game). You couldn't rock up at 6.45 and get a $10 ticket, it was $30 for GA after 4.

I wonder if this is the same...

I'll check on twitter.

Just had it confirmed via Tigers twitter, $10 for GA with no restriction on arrival time.

Last edited:

juro

Bench
I'm going to Campbelltown on Saturday night. Just figured out I'll be paying more on petrol and tolls than tickets for the family.

juro

Bench
For the game v the Cowboys, they had $10 but only if you got there before 4. (7.30 game). You couldn't rock up at 6.45 and get a $10 ticket, it was $30 for GA after 4.

I'll check on twitter.

Just had it confirmed via Tigers twitter, $10 for GA with no restriction on arrival time.
No, this time it is $10 whenever you arrive.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just got my tickets for souths Perth game, not selling too well judging by seats I got and availability. Hopefully will pick up over last two weeks, could do with some promotion push.

Media here seems to have gone right off NRL since grant's visit where we had a room full of local media and he basically said NRL isn't very interested in WA. Last Monday's West didn't have any NRL coverage of Sundays games which I haven't seen for years.

thorson1987

Coach

I'll check on twitter.

Yeah I checked with the club on twitter.

Had to make sure because I'm not sure if me and my boy will definitely be there (neither of us follow either team so not too fussed if we don't go, depends if he behaves himself the next couple of days)

Dogs Of War

Coach
NRL should take note of what the AFL is doing. Coupon in todays Liverpool Leader for one free kids ticket and showbag to GWS Giants this saturday.

Yeah, but they have been giving away heaps of tickets to GWS games all season long and it's still not helping them.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just got my tickets for souths Perth game, not selling too well judging by seats I got and availability. Hopefully will pick up over last two weeks, could do with some promotion push.

Media here seems to have gone right off NRL since grant's visit where we had a room full of local media and he basically said NRL isn't very interested in WA. Last Monday's West didn't have any NRL coverage of Sundays games which I haven't seen for years.

Hopefully with Origin coming up, and a well place ad during the game, tickets will be sold out by next Friday.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Funny thing is as it is a souths game they promote to go and support south Sydney but there are far more warriors fans turn up, they need to market more to the kiwis here. Having said that we have sold out and got 20k for this game in previous years so hopefully will be up around that again. Mind you paying $51 to sit on the 10m line is hardly an incentive to go.

franklin2323

Immortal
self entilement is one just because you're heartland doesn't excuses pathetic crowds. just because your club exist a few decades doesn't mean it can get away with poor crowds in supposed heartland.

Of course not. Sydney clubs are playing games in Gosford, Bathurst, Cairns, Darwin, Perth, Wellington, Hamilton. Not to mention teams sharing ANZ.

Teams are staying viable and in the case of Penrith, Souths and Manly actually made a profit. The TV schedule doesn't allow for big crowds every week. The sooner people realise that the better.

guyver78

Juniors
Just got an interesting email from Souths.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are happy to announce that for the remaining fixtures for the 2014 season all Rabbitohs Diamond and Gold Members are able to sell their seat for a match that they can’t attend.
CAN’T MAKE IT TO THE GAME – SELL YOUR SEATS THROUGH OUR SEAT RESALE PROGRAM!
By releasing your seat for sale you are giving other Rabbitohs members the opportunity to fill your seat and experience the action like you do. You will also receive a $15 credit against your 2015 Membership for every seat of yours that is sold.
I have no problem with that whatsoever and i think its a good initiative.

oikee

Juniors
Yeah, but they have been giving away heaps of tickets to GWS games all season long and it's still not helping them.

So instead of just giving away tickets nobody wants, they now thrown in a showbag. Gee that is desperate stuff.
The AFL try to tell everyone that a local team against another local team is Australia's greatest rivalry.
Nobody gives a shit, and nobody gives a shit about the giants. They stink, big time.

They just tried to tell me Collywood Swans is their "state of origin" game.
Really, i never watched it and i never will give two shites about f**kin collywood.
A victorian local team.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just got an interesting email from Souths.
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are happy to announce that for the remaining fixtures for the 2014 season all Rabbitohs Diamond and Gold Members are able to sell their seat for a match that they can?t attend.
CAN?T MAKE IT TO THE GAME ? SELL YOUR SEATS THROUGH OUR SEAT RESALE PROGRAM!
By releasing your seat for sale you are giving other Rabbitohs members the opportunity to fill your seat and experience the action like you do. You will also receive a $15 credit against your 2015 Membership for every seat of yours that is sold.
I have no problem with that whatsoever and i think its a good initiative.

Bulldogs better do something like this. Hard to find people to give my membership away to at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts