What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutch

First Grade
One suggestion if expansion was to occur and get to 18 teams. Reduce to 22 rounds, on origin week no NRL games on. I know the weakness would be the 'free kick' to the other codes it is needed though to minimize the damage to the competition and preserve the quality of the competition.

The whole free kick to other codes is just something that daily telegraph journos have made up. Three stand alone weekends with origin and test series with other nations benefits the code, people aren't just suddenly going to go and support other codes all of a sudden.

guyver78

Juniors
Ive conned some work colleagues into getting some discounted tickets. They are a bit geriatric (bless) so I will walk them to the agency and get a pax.

Whats the point of that SLR if you cant even sit next to them?
Nobody that I know in Sydney is going this year. I checked the ticketek website & still 1000's available in Sydney. I see absolutely no point at all in buying them until they discount them to a fair price.

I wonder how they're going to sell out game 3 if NSW gets whacked 2-0 and its a dead rubber...

Valheru

Coach
How origin is allowed to continue in its present format and time is beyond me. It is ripping the heart out of the club season and international footy. Anythig that damages the integrity of the code should be banished or at least changed so that it doesn't.

The graph above is enough evidence to show its effect on the game.

Imo there should be no byes as we know them now but the game should go into a 3 week mid season break with origin and other reps the focus. Would only make the season a week longer

Well said

It wouldnt increase the season at all if we ditched the meaningless "rep round" and had all the 2nd tier internationals during the 3 week break.

oikee

Juniors
This is exactly the same as taking crowds that hover around 10 thousand, and try to put them into a 80 thousand stadium. It does not work, you have to build gradually.
This is why Sydney fails at growing the code, they dont have a razzle dazzle 50 thousand stadium the western teams can use to build crowds.

Queensland rugby league did exactly the same dumb mistake, they tried to put Origin tickets up 100% and they are now paying the cost of hurting loyal fans.

I have a solution to not only ticket prices, (grow them slowly) , and how to keep game 3 full every year.
Again it is the marketing and scheduling department, the growing of the game which has been neglected since superleague, that needs to step up to the plate.
Sack them, and bring in a new department that can solve these problems.
A simple solution to origin is a game every 10 days. First game starts Monday night, second game 10 days later on the normal Wednesday night, and the third game finishes 10 days later on the Friday night.

So the third game allows for parents with kids, new fans, and people who cant make a mid-week game open to turning up for a Origin game. That will ensure a packed game 3 crowd.

This also shortens the Origin period to just 2 weekends of lost NRL games without Origin players.

The people in charge of rugby league are the problem, not the fans or the game itself.

They also need to bring in the captains challenge so the ref stops sending all the tries to the video man. Its killing the games atmosphere, same as a 10 thousand crowd in a 80 thousand stadium kills our atmosphere.
When is someone with brains going to step up to the plate and fix our code, which never seems to make a good decision, this is the code that took 3 years of complaints to change the cornerpost ruling, look at the spectacular tries scored since they removed this dumb rule.
I give up.

I'll be shocked if there's over 10k at Campbelltown. The Tigers are on the nose out here and have been for a couple of years. And the CEO's crap before and after the last game out here won't have helped.

I'll be shocked if there's over 10k at Campbelltown. The Tigers are on the nose out here and have been for a couple of years. And the CEO's crap before and after the last game out here won't have helped.

campbelltown screwed campbelltown by taking there team for granted in supposed heartland of rugby league. the opposition excuse is a weak one too, it's up to home fans to fill the grounds and not rely on away crowds.

Canard

Immortal
T
This also shortens the Origin period to just 2 weekends of lost NRL games without Origin players.

Origin players wouldn't play in the round before the Mon night game, and to play the next day after the last Friday would be doable, but likely a large portion of players would not play.

So it be a minimum of 3 weekends, with a 4th pretty badly impacted on.

campbelltown screwed campbelltown by taking there team for granted in supposed heartland of rugby league. the opposition excuse is a weak one too, it's up to home fans to fill the grounds and not rely on away crowds.

Feel free to give your expert opinion on why the Wests Tigers are on the nose in Macarthur. Then, feel free to give your opinion on why it's not up to the NRL and the individual teams to entice people to go to games.

I could use a laugh.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Whats the point of that SLR if you cant even sit next to them?
Nobody that I know in Sydney is going this year. I checked the ticketek website & still 1000's available in Sydney. I see absolutely no point at all in buying them until they discount them to a fair price.

I wonder how they're going to sell out game 3 if NSW gets whacked 2-0 and its a dead rubber...

I doubt they are going to discount below $125? They won't even admit the pricing is wrong. Surely with whatever is left on Monday night they will throw the Allocation Exhausted sign up and hand out to charities etc.

They landed seats in 533, great view, I would sit there for $125.

Pax 45,009.

guyver78

Juniors
Memberships need to be thrown out.

It's all a load of crap mate and an insult to the people that constantly support you.

It's basically saying become a member, PAY, buy your tickets after that, PAY AGAIN on top of that. There are enough idiots out there that will pay for it so I doubt they're going anytime soon.

Very poor form from the QRL. Not that the NSWRL is any better, just that people in NSW are just a lot more likely to give the NSWRL the middle finger so that probably wouldn't fly here.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It's all a load of crap mate and an insult to the people that constantly support you.

It's basically saying become a member, PAY, buy your tickets after that, PAY AGAIN on top of that. There are enough idiots out there that will pay for it so I doubt they're going anytime soon.

Very poor form from the QRL. Not that the NSWRL is any better, just that people in NSW are just a lot more likely to give the NSWRL the middle finger so that probably wouldn't fly here.

Yeah its terrible.

Go to the Queensland Maroons Facebook page. The comments are vicious.

Canard

Immortal
Yeah its terrible.

Go to the Queensland Maroons Facebook page. The comments are vicious.

You can't but a price on the bad PR this is generating.

Especially when Kind comes out and says "We haven't discounted tickets, we have just introduced a new category".

Thats like this isn't a new tax its a levy!

Coupled with the fact that they are now offering the expensive categories "without merchandise" and discounting them by $40, for what amounts to a $5 T-shirt and $3 Wig.

People who paid the original prices are mightily pissed off, and from next year onwards, people aren't going to purchase tickets on release knowing that they will be reduced over time. The two biggest games of Rugby League held outside of Sydney each year and somehow they have murdered it.

Only Rugby League could f**k up an event this royally.

guyver78

Juniors

Especially when Kind comes out and says "We haven't discounted tickets, we have just introduced a new category".

Coupled with the fact that they are now offering the expensive categories "without merchandise" and discounting them by $40, for what amounts to a $5 T-shirt and $3 Wig.

People who paid the original prices are mightily pissed off, and from next year onwards, people aren't going to purchase tickets on release knowing that they will be reduced over time. The two biggest games of Rugby League held outside of Sydney each year and somehow they have murdered it.

Did you see that link I posted up on the last page where Mal defended the price hike last year?
Now they're dragging Cameron Smith into it, begging people to go.
There's no need to wait for next year, it will be interesting what happens in Sydney now when game 2 comes around.
We have the same prices, 30,000 more seats to sell and people who are a lot more likely to turn on you then people in QLD.
There's absolutely no incentive whatsoever of buying game 2 tickets until they reduce the prices.

oikee

Juniors
They have not heeded their own warning, saying not to f**k with Origin, so what do Queensland do, ?they f**ked with Origin. Now the whole concept is tainted by greed.
Pax 45 thousand with a week to go, unheard of for Origin.

(I was thinking more about Origin on Friday night Canard.) The interest and owning Friday night would be another plus for our code).

franklin2323

Immortal
Feel free to give your expert opinion on why the Wests Tigers are on the nose in Macarthur. Then, feel free to give your opinion on why it's not up to the NRL and the individual teams to entice people to go to games.

I could use a laugh.

It's always funny when people comment with no idea how stuff works in and around Sydney

Brutus

Referee
Paul Kind should be f**king sacked and whoever else decided to turn the Origin games at Lang Park into a laughing stock.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

The new category thing is the best lie I have heard all year!

Got my work fellows tickets in section 533 today, centre behind the post, row 41. Great seats.
Moore said that the new category was in a "less quality" seating area. People were paying $220 a pop for section 514 more towards the corners etc, they would be pisssssed off.

It is completely murdered. The quantity of single seats will not sell at these prices. $180 for restricted view or $140 for silver (currently 717 row 69 sitting behind a bar!). Da. Fuq. Absolute disaster.

Hes also charging $180 for Supporter sections currently selling in sections 515 and 528, hes got shit for brains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts