What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Rugby league's only guaranteed quick sell-out has been well and truly f**ked by greedy officials with no idea at how such a backlash could affect the future demand of the product.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Rugby league's only guaranteed quick sell-out has been well and truly f**ked by greedy officials with no idea at how such a backlash could affect the future demand of the product.

WHat they learn though is that what area's sell quick and what don't. So you can price the event better the year after (ie area's that didn't sell well can be a different category or have a special offer attached). It's not like they are stuck with this pricing forever.

Canard

Immortal
WHat they learn though is that what area's sell quick and what don't. So you can price the event better the year after (ie area's that didn't sell well can be a different category or have a special offer attached). It's not like they are stuck with this pricing forever.

The problem is though, people won't buy early next year, because they feel they won't be rewarded, and discounts will come down the track.

Its going to take a number of years to build up the public's trust again.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'm thinking of leaving a nice note on the door of the QRL at Suncorp this week.

Apparently people who bought the Membership even emailed and complained, before the price decrease.

They can't continue to turn a blind eye to all this backlash.

guyver78

Juniors

You're right mate and that's exactly what they will do next year, re-categorise the seats.

If you have a look at ANZ stadium for game 2 it's just absolute GREED at it's finest. Unless you're sitting right up in the sky or behind the dead ball line majority are either $265 Diamond or $210 Platinum seats.

They still classify half way up on Level 6 as Platinum, WTF. The Bronze seats are absolutely useless & not even worth taking for free as you will get a better experience at home on your big TV.

beave

Coach
My mate and I bought tix for origin one this morning in bay 533 in the front row for $125 a pop. Im positive these same tix were $220 a week ago. $125 is reasonable but $220 is f**king ridiculous and I am not surprised there is still a fair amount of tix available for this game only a week out. It's all been said before, but they are killing the golden goose with the pricing and membership system they've implemented.

undertaker

Coach
They have not heeded their own warning, saying not to f**k with Origin, so what do Queensland do, ?they f**ked with Origin. Now the whole concept is tainted by greed.
Pax 45 thousand with a week to go, unheard of for Origin.

(I was thinking more about Origin on Friday night Canard.) The interest and owning Friday night would be another plus for our code).

But I thought those Queenslanders were passionate about Origin????????

thorson1987

Coach
Not sure if this had been posted yet.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2014/05/21/_15_reasons_to_celebrate_with_us_.html

10 - $10 tickets

Three games of Rugby League and more for just $10! That’s what’s on offer this Saturday at Campbelltown Sports Stadium and what better reason is there for Wests Tigers fans to come along and support their team. Tickets are for General Admission and are available at the gate or you can pre-purchase by clicking here.

Problem with the 3 games part, NSW Cup kicks off at 1:10pm.

undertaker

Coach
You're right mate and that's exactly what they will do next year, re-categorise the seats.

If you have a look at ANZ stadium for game 2 it's just absolute GREED at it's finest. Unless you're sitting right up in the sky or behind the dead ball line majority are either $265 Diamond or $210 Platinum seats.

They still classify half way up on Level 6 as Platinum, WTF. The Bronze seats are absolutely useless & not even worth taking for free as you will get a better experience at home on your big TV.

The greed doesn't just lie with Origin; it also extends to NRL ticket prices as well. Probably the main reason why crowds aren't as high as they could be (alongside scheduling of matches)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well no one can blame cost for Tigers fans turn out this weekend, let's see if price really does make that much difference.

Meanwhile us poor saps in the West get to pay $36 GA ($29 kids) or $51 ($36) for a seat for souths game in a couple of weeks. Way to grow the game NRL.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cost may not be an issue but marketing that cost is the key. Making sure the community knows they can see some footy really cheap this weekend is the key.

RE: Origin, its amazing to think that in the space of 12 months that Suncorp tickets went from impossible to buy due to demand.... now to being impossible to buy due to cost, but a lack of demand.

oikee

Juniors
My mate and I bought tix for origin one this morning in bay 533 in the front row for $125 a pop. Im positive these same tix were $220 a week ago. $125 is reasonable but $220 is f**king ridiculous and I am not surprised there is still a fair amount of tix available for this game only a week out. It's all been said before, but they are killing the golden goose with the pricing and membership system they've implemented.

You bought a new category ticket. White ticket which was separated from the silver section which is 220. The new white section is 125, which is very good i might add.

To be honest, 80 dollars for the cheap seats is pretty good, and the new white section is good as well. I think the prices are pretty good now they have introduced the white section, which you bought.

Only 4 thousand tickets left, it will sell out and should be the best origin ever. I also like the fact 360 is being telecast live from Suncorp this year. I am getting goosebumps.

oikee

Juniors
The Warriors have a 8 game ticket for 100 dollars. That is one of the best deals i think i have ever seen.

Just over 12 dollars a ticket. Fantastic. If mount smart is not full every week, you would wonder why.
They nearly giving the tickets away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts