What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
Only Bronze & Dragons General Admission tickets still on sale for the Anzacy Day game.

Should sell out so long as the rain holds off.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Guys at suncorp there are about 4 sections on the upper tier behind posts that need to sell.

Then its only the level 7 corners, which will be filled by rock ups.

Given the GA bays take about 1 to 1.5k off capacity, then take 2k member no shows then 1.5k restricted view seats that won't be sold.

crowd could be 45-47k.

oikee

Juniors
Oikee its not going to sell out. Todays sales so far have been close to zero.

If Roosers v Dragons gets 40,000 that is 89%.

To get 89% at Suncorp we need 47,000. No chance.

If we had a day time game we would though, easily. 8pm is annoying, not an excuse for a small crowd but that will definitely deter people whom would have come to an earlier kick off.

You seem to change your tune day by day.
I have made a prediction based on Brisbane verse Souths, two powerhouse clubs and in league heartland for the first time, and about time. On a public holiday.
Weather they get 40 to 45 to 47 thousand, it will be a sellout.
The real issue is the fact that rugby league has been run into the ground before Dave Smith arrived.

To further prove my point is todays headlines about NSW rugby league being ripped off to the tune of 30 to 40 million. Having the leagues building sold for 15 million, real price value 50 to 60 million.

I have always questioned why rugby league refused to pl;ay a annual Anzac day clash in Brisbane. Even Melbourne got one before our heartland.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You seem to change your tune day by day.
I have made a prediction based on Brisbane verse Souths, two powerhouse clubs and in league heartland for the first time, and about time. On a public holiday.
Weather they get 40 to 45 to 47 thousand, it will be a sellout.
The real issue is the fact that rugby league has been run into the ground before Dave Smith arrived.

To further prove my point is todays headlines about NSW rugby league being ripped off to the tune of 30 to 40 million. Having the leagues building sold for 15 million, real price value 50 to 60 million.

I have always questioned why rugby league refused to pl;ay a annual Anzac day clash in Brisbane. Even Melbourne got one before our heartland.

You really need to gain an understanding with how it works buddy.

There was a surge in sales on Wednesday arvo, when it was announced a $25 adult ticket for members of RSLs and current service men.

Also its NOT THE FIRST TIME.

It won't be a sellout, for it to be sold out every seat must be sold. Don't be daft hey, I know you're trying to find your feet, but it seems you have a broken neck.

The Broncos were not happy with the predicted crowd of 42k. Exactly as I was thinking it would be, so they have been flogging the status' on Facebook to their 414,000 followers. Resulting in another SURGE last night.

They weren't happy with the crowds for both the Cowboys and the Roosters, so they started to market it and its working.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Hopefully the game at allianz has sufficient event feel about it now to draw people in despite the pretty heavy rain around today.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
OT but how is this weather that is smashing the central coast right now forecast as possible showers! Where I come from this is heavy persistant rain. If the same hits the match later god help the crowd in the loader seating

Diesel

Referee
Should be 3 great crowds today which unfortunately none of which will topple 50,688

:cool:Waznmatta:cool:

Well considering 2 of the stadiums have capacity less than 45k and the 3rd game is being advertised as something special but the donkeys play there every Friday night.

What would be impressive is the Eels finishing above 16th and then the Eels fans torching Parra Stadium like you did in 1981 so you can get yourself a 55k stadium and fill it out every fortnight

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
OT but how is this weather that is smashing the central coast right now forecast as possible showers! Where I come from this is heavy persistant rain. If the same hits the match later god help the crowd in the loader seating

Cricket ball hail in Bulahdelah.

Lets hope it goes soon.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
If this is scattered showers. I'd hate to see heavy rain

40km north of sfs has had persistent thunderstorms and heavy rain for 3 hours now

DC_fan

Coach
If this is scattered showers. I'd hate to see heavy rain

40km north of sfs has had persistent thunderstorms and heavy rain for 3 hours now

Just as long as it stays there Sydney will be fine. But in saying that here in the Golden West it is very overcast.

BunniesMan

Immortal
There's a chance of thunderstorms in the Sydney area today between 3pm and 9pm.

The crowd will begin with a '3'.

Status
Not open for further replies.