What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
oikee

I recall on the roar you pumping up the Broncos as a powrhouse club if they are they should sell out on a public holiday in league heartland. surely there is 52k league fans to show on a public holiday in Brisbane.

Ah yeah it is! The facilities are substandard!! The food outlets are a joke not much better then canteens at a local RL game, the bathroom was a disgrace!! The seats in the grandstand are so close to each other, I had an overweight male sitting beside me and he took half my bloody seat!! The hill turned to mud in the rain, there was hardly any cover for the rain!
Yeah, you are close to the action; however I'd rather be 10 metres back and in comfort. Penrith Park, Kogarah, Brookvale, Leichhardt and Shark Park are not to a standard any professional team should be playing from and it's no coincidence most sub 10K crowds are from those stadiums!

So the Panthers are meant to reduce the capacity to fit lardbuts in?

Tell your fat mate to either drop some KG's or buy 2 seats

ouwet

Bench
So the Panthers are meant to reduce the capacity to fit lardbuts in?

Tell your fat mate to either drop some KG's or buy 2 seats

All about comfort! Penrith Park (For all the reasons stated before) is below par... It's no wonder they struggle for crowds!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Oikee its not going to sell out. Todays sales so far have been close to zero.

If Roosers v Dragons gets 40,000 that is 89%.

To get 89% at Suncorp we need 47,000. No chance.

If we had a day time game we would though, easily. 8pm is annoying, not an excuse for a small crowd but that will definitely deter people whom would have come to an earlier kick off.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
All about comfort! Penrith Park (For all the reasons stated before) is below par... It's no wonder they struggle for crowds!

Is it worse than Brookvale?

I have been there and holy shit, I thought the Northern beaches were "glamorous".

Dummmmmp.

LatK7

First Grade
Still looks like there's plenty of tickets left for tomorrow at the SFS.

Is the walk up crowd generally big?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
111,000 fans are tipped to pack just the three games being played in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane

THE players reckon nothing can beat running out in front of a packed stadium on Anzac Day ? and the spirit of the Anzacs will lead an NRL fightback on Friday.

In what is shaping up as one of the game?s most memorable days, Friday?s combined Anzac Day crowds are set to be the second biggest in 107 years of rugby league in Australia.

The biggest attendance for a single day was in 1995, when 136,695 fans attended eight games in round 22, while in 1993 110,576 turned out for six games in round four.

1995 is probably a record which wont be broken for a while at least.

Unless you have a big blockbuster at ANZ, another one Suncorp and possibly a big at one AAMI Park/Etihad or Eden Park.

Still tomorrow is going to be a huge day for Rugby League.

morley101

Juniors
Still looks like there's plenty of tickets left for tomorrow at the SFS.

Is the walk up crowd generally big?

Over the years there has been very healthy walk up.
There has not been a sellout ever.... Last year's was still 4,500 short.

The forcast is gloomy so I expect 37,000

Red Bear

Referee
It must've been very close to a general public sell out though. Pretty sure alot of the best crowds at the SFS have generally been short of capacity thanks to the members area not being full

Favourite game of the year, don't think i'll get up there this season though

Raiderdave

First Grade
Oikee its not going to sell out. Todays sales so far have been close to zero.

If Roosers v Dragons gets 40,000 that is 89%.

To get 89% at Suncorp we need 47,000. No chance.

;-)

and it will be check mate and... game over for Oikee in this forum
thanks to ol Raiderdave

no need to thank me members
anyone of us could have done it
outsmarting Qlders is not really a challenge as they are quite thick & dopey:cool:

RWB

Bench
The last two years @ the SFS have been sell outs. Capacity is not 45,000, it's about 42k. But reaching the maximum obviously depends on how many stadium members show up & how many of the veterans take up the free ticket offer.

Saint Doc

Coach
The last two years @ the SFS have been sell outs. Capacity is not 45,000, it's about 42k. But reaching the maximum obviously depends on how many stadium members show up & how many of the veterans take up the free ticket offer.

Exactly. Last two years have been full. No more tickets available. 42k capacity on an ordinary day, and we've had 40k, difference would be SFS members, club members and people with pre-bought tickets no showing up

RWB

Bench
Allianz capacity is 44k up to 45.5k. Not 42k.

Point to a higher crowd than 42k in the last decade then.

Are you seriously going to tell me there has never been a sell out at the SFS in the last decade?

Like I said, 2013 & 2012 were sell outs.

The 45k capacity is a myth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts