What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueandGold

Juniors
So how many season ticketed members do the Roosters actually have???

They have 15574 members and at a guess i would say that there is at least 3000 non ticketed members in that.

So lets just say 12k + 15k Pax and then minus the ticketed members no shows of 2k and i would say that the game will attract close to 25k.

A good result for this match would be 27k+.

RWB

Bench
There's no way 15k tickets have been sold to the game. The PAX will include Roosters members, don't think it will include SCG Trust members though.

Bays 32 & 36 are still on sale, they're the first bays they always sell off. There definitely hasn't been anywhere near 15k tickets sold.

Speaking to Wests Tigers fans I'd be surprised if many show up, they don't seem to optimistic about their chances with a couple of key injuries. Throw in the big chill that has hit Sydney and there's just too many excuses for the casual fan not to show up.

I'd genuinely be surprised if it hit 20k which is disappointing because this is exactly the type of game that should be pushing a sell out every year. Really disappointing.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I would imagine there is a lot of Roosters fans who are also Swans fans? If so, they may choose to attend the Swans game instead tonight.

papabear

Juniors
There's no way 15k tickets have been sold to the game. The PAX will include Roosters members, don't think it will include SCG Trust members though.

Bays 32 & 36 are still on sale, they're the first bays they always sell off. There definitely hasn't been anywhere near 15k tickets sold.

Speaking to Wests Tigers fans I'd be surprised if many show up, they don't seem to optimistic about their chances with a couple of key injuries. Throw in the big chill that has hit Sydney and there's just too many excuses for the casual fan not to show up.

I'd genuinely be surprised if it hit 20k which is disappointing because this is exactly the type of game that should be pushing a sell out every year. Really disappointing.

LOL the eastern suburbs support of rugby league is pathetic, they are always going to get shit crowd numbers.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Fine, I was only thinking in terms of equal coverage for each state. Another reason an additional team in Queensland would help spread the game to regional areas.

It'd be interesting to compare TV ratings for country games to regular games to see what variations if any exist. Ultimately this is the market that matters so whatever sentimentality exists around the issue this is the test it has to pass to remain important to the game.

I think you just overlooked that NSW Clubs could always play there home game against QLD clubs in QLD Country areas.

The TV ratings part in a non-event. It comes down to how good the matchup is. If you had a red hot Panthers playing a red hot Raiders, then I'm sure you would have a great audience watching.

You do realise it is absolutely freezing outside right! Dead set it feels like Canberra today!

That why winter gear is invented locky for the freezing conditions. Once again more excuses to not to attend a game than to attend from the league community.

It's fine conditions in Townsville by the way so I be attending.

lockyno1

Post Whore
That why winter gear is invented locky for the freezing conditions. Once again more excuses to not to attend a game than to attend from the league community.

It's fine conditions in Townsville by the way so I be attending.

Townsville is ALWAYS hotter! Seriously you have it much easier. Honestly it is freezing today, and the wind chill is up. Doubt I'd want to voluntarily go to a game tonight under these conditions! Winter gear...yeah...or I can watch the game with a gas heater in my own home!

flash

Juniors
Some deals on lastix for Bulldogs/Dragons on Sunday.

Family Tickets $25
Gold Adult $35
Gold Concession $25

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Townsville is ALWAYS hotter! Seriously you have it much easier. Honestly it is freezing today, and the wind chill is up. Doubt I'd want to voluntarily go to a game tonight under these conditions! Winter gear...yeah...or I can watch the game with a gas heater in my own home!

lol, Australians are such wimps.

Canard

Immortal
lol, Australians are such wimps.

Well the above fan is.

Its proven that Aussies will turn up to sports in the winter in bigger numbers that most countries, in climates that make Sydney look like Tahiti, unfortunately its for that "other" code though.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
so we are expecting cold and rain at moore park,,, whilst warm and balmy at homebush...

Would we be happy with the swans only beating us by 150% tonight ???

How Sad is that ??

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well the above fan is.

Its proven that Aussies will turn up to sports in the winter in bigger numbers that most countries, in climates that make Sydney look like Tahiti, unfortunately its for that "other" code though.

Sorry, to clarify my previous statement, Australian RL fans are such wimps!

They should all be made to live in Green Bay and follow the Packers for a year, then they may appreciate it doesn't get cold in Sydney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts