What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danish

Referee
Every team should move 2 of their games a year, one to a heartland area and the other to a non heartland area. Gives teams more exposure and potential membership sales, makes all the other season tickets 10 games hence easier to break down to a per game figure for ads, increases crowds for those 10 games. I don't really see a downside.

For every fan you'd pick up from those country areas you'd be sacrificing season ticket holders in your heartland.

The Roosters were taking 2-3 games per year around the place for a while there, and our memberships were rubbish. Once we got back to having 12 games at Allianz every year our membership base has only grown (including in the years that were were f**king terrible i.e. every year except 2013)

undertaker

Coach
Every team should move 2 of their games a year, one to a heartland area and the other to a non heartland area. Gives teams more exposure and potential membership sales, makes all the other season tickets 10 games hence easier to break down to a per game figure for ads, increases crowds for those 10 games. I don't really see a downside.

For every fan you'd pick up from those country areas you'd be sacrificing season ticket holders in your heartland.

The Roosters were taking 2-3 games per year around the place for a while there, and our memberships were rubbish. Once we got back to having 12 games at Allianz every year our membership base has only grown (including in the years that were were f**king terrible i.e. every year except 2013)

Hence why I suggest with the regional/country home match idea that only one home game is taken, and done on a 2-year cycle where half the teams do it one year and the other half the following year. Anything more than one, and fans of the club will start complaining and it will have an impact on club memberships.

Last edited:

guyver78

Juniors
Tickets for Suncorp origin games haven't been cleared by the QRL yet.

Pax will never be known. I would say about 3,000 seats are left. For both Suncorp games.

At ANZ

Level 1 is about 80% sold out, Level 4 seems almost completely sold out too. Level 6 however has hardly sold anything besides the cheap Bronze seats.

undertaker

Coach
At ANZ

Level 1 is about 80% sold out, Level 4 seems almost completely sold out too. Level 6 however has hardly sold anything besides the cheap Bronze seats.

I don't blame people for not wanting to buy Level 6 tickets. The view from there is crap.

guyver78

Juniors
Its the sort of tickets you buy once, and then say never again. That said, there will be enough fools who will buy them at the last minute.

I sat there a few times and never again. They still classify a fair chunk of Level 6 as Platinum too for the Origin game. Like you say though there will be enough fools who will pay the $220 to sit on Level 6.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I sat there a few times and never again. They still classify a fair chunk of Level 6 as Platinum too for the Origin game. Like you say though there will be enough fools who will pay the $220 to sit on Level 6.

I was even hesitant at allocating level 6 for origin one at Suncorp $250.

You may as well pay a grand and sit in corporates ha.

I sat 50m line very back row of ANZ one grand final. We then went and sat in random disabled seats at the front, frowned upon, but I couldn't handle it anymore.

guyver78

Juniors
Nah, At least behind the posts I feel close to the action at times. On level 6 it just feels like I am watching from out of space.

Yeah I agree and to add 1 more thing to that... you'll often hear people saying (or thinking) that if ANZ is packed to capacity (82,000) there's a great atmosphere there anyway hence why a lot of people would have snapped up those $60 bronze tickets to the origin but that's actually not true at all.

Anybody that's sat up on level 6 even when stadium is packed to capacity will tell you that you're soo high that you actually end up too far from the action to absorb any of the atmosphere from Level 1.

Behind the posts you don't get the view of the whole field but you get the atmosphere. Level 6 you get the view but miss the atmosphere and players look sooo small that you might as well bring yourself a telescope anyway.

I can't believe they're trying to charge $220 to sit up there classifying those seats as Platinum.

Level 6 on Suncorp was far better.

pHyR3

Juniors
atmosphere was amzing for tigers vs eels on level 4 but behind the posts.

view was good too, but depth perception sucked. will get reserved seating membership next year but less games (i cant make them all with work).

oikee

Juniors
We need better built stadiums, that's a given. Those f**kin muppets at the soccer final with wanderer fans moaning a hymn all through the game, then saying it was better atmosphere than origin are delusional.
Then you had the cringe worthy ticket tape parade yesterday. Gee that needs knocking on the head.

In the Corners is the best of the bad seats.
To be honest, all the stadiums either need to be reconfigured with behind the posts close to the action.
You never see soccer in England with round stadiums trying to kill off the atmosphere.
League in Sydney struggles because of shite stadiums.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
We need better built stadiums, that's a given. Those f**kin muppets at the soccer final with wanderer fans moaning a hymn all through the game, then saying it was better atmosphere than origin are delusional.
Then you had the cringe worthy ticket tape parade yesterday. Gee that needs knocking on the head.

In the Corners is the best of the bad seats.
To be honest, all the stadiums either need to be reconfigured with behind the posts close to the action.
You never see soccer in England with round stadiums trying to kill off the atmosphere.
League in Sydney struggles because of shite stadiums.

I was at Suncorp on Sunday and it was absolutely amazing.

I was lucky enough to attend an "El Clasico" game which is where Barcelona play Real Madrid, at Nou Camp - 97,000 people. And the crowd noise after the Roar equaliser was as loud if not more. The only crowd noise I have heard in Australia the comes CLOSE to that was Matty Bowens intercept at Suncorp in 2005.

Atmospheres has to do with the crowds anger/ hatred and the stadium itself. (Noise containers)

Im pretty sure that ANZ lacks this because of how open it is/ being in an olympic park. MCG noise can vary massively between where you are sitting.

Yes, the parade yesterday was cringe. But everyone there on Sunday was supporting Brisbane.

oikee

Juniors
I was at Suncorp on Sunday and it was absolutely amazing.

I was lucky enough to attend an "El Clasico" game which is where Barcelona play Real Madrid, at Nou Camp - 97,000 people. And the crowd noise after the Roar equaliser was as loud if not more. The only crowd noise I have heard in Australia the comes CLOSE to that was Matty Bowens intercept at Suncorp in 2005.

Atmospheres has to do with the crowds anger/ hatred and the stadium itself. (Noise containers)

Im pretty sure that ANZ lacks this because of how open it is/ being in an olympic park. MCG noise can vary massively between where you are sitting.

Yes, the parade yesterday was cringe. But everyone there on Sunday was supporting Brisbane.

Yeah, your not quite understanding what i am saying. Every code can go out and create a atmosphere if that is what you want at any footy match. Its not the same as a Origin crowd where the atmosphere is built on the flow and ebb of the game itself.
Mate i could go out and generate a full-on chorus of a constant drone of noise at any event. That is what they do at soccer games. Mate it's not new, they have been doing this for a century.
Back in the 70's i stopped watching f**kin soccer because the constant drone of the f**kin crowd was doing my head in, i like to sit and think and cheer and show my f**king emotion s at the game, not sing along with the muppets to make f**king noise.

Now do you get the drift.

Origin has a life of it's own, soccer is manufactured bullshite.

Again, dont get me wrong. I watched this game and gave it a nine rating for enjoyment. I think Broich is fantastic, Berisha is a f**king dog for going to Melbourne and the Roar at suncorp in a grand final is amazing.
As for the wanderers, they can f**k off back to western Sydney where they belong, euro trash wannabees. hehe

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yeah, your not quite understanding what i am saying. Every code can go out and create a atmosphere if that is what you want at any footy match. Its not the same as a Origin crowd where the atmosphere is built on the flow and ebb of the game itself.
Mate i could go out and generate a full-on chorus of a constant drone of noise at any event. That is what they do at soccer games. Mate it's not new, they have been doing this for a century.
Back in the 70's i stopped watching f**kin soccer because the constant drone of the f**kin crowd was doing my head in, i like to sit and think and cheer and show my f**king emotion s at the game, not sing along with the muppets to make f**king noise.

Now do you get the drift.

Origin has a life of it's own, soccer is manufactured bullshite.

I don't think anyone understands you.

Origin atmospheres are brilliant, I would prefer an origin atmosphere over a soccer atmosphere anyday because every living part of me cares.

But don't be purposely obnoxious, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts