What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wests1

Juniors
I think two crowds of 20,000 tonight would be a good solid start to the weekend. We need to remember that we aren't going to get the sort of crowds we saw in the two rounds previous because it ain't a public holiday. Hopefully 25,000 at Homebush on Sunday as well and that makes for a reasonable round crowd wise.

so we are expecting cold and rain at moore park,,, whilst warm and balmy at homebush...

Would we be happy with the swans only beating us by 150% tonight ???

How Sad is that ??

Its embarrassing that the swans get the highest average attendence in 'heartland' since the mid 90s. Also the short time it which the lions and reds outdraw the broncos. Its a weak heartland for other codes to gain huge ground compared to the southern states it which the non heartland codes made minimal impact to the main code.

Brisbane is the bandwagon capital of Australia considering how quickly they jump on and off codes throughout the past decade. A true heartland should have its top code be the top draw at all times.

Last edited:

guyver78

Juniors
so we are expecting cold and rain at moore park,,, whilst warm and balmy at homebush...

Would we be happy with the swans only beating us by 150% tonight ???

How Sad is that ??

SFS is a LOOOT better insulated against winds/cold in winter then ANZ and on top of all that it's always also colder in Homebush.

ANZ is a lot more open and about 3 degrees cooler so you get a lot more of that cold wind that hits you in winter.

I remember when Souths played at the SFS it never really got that cold and I hardly ever got that cold wind on me.

wests1

Juniors
Actually just looking at the games and 6 of the 8 could feasibly draw 20,000. I don't think Parra v Cronulla or Melbourne v Manly will but otherwise there is a possibility. Warriors v Canberra the other one that's a bit iffy.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Will all the Swans members travel out to Homebush? It's not often they have AFL in Sydney on a Friday night, and given most members come from the North/Eastern Suburbs, I get the feeling they may be give it a miss. Roosters v Tigers is probably a match that would have some cross over of supporters, and I suspect easier for people who go for any of the teams (Swans/Tigers/Roosters) to get to, might choose the NRL over the AFL.

EDIT: Looking at the crowds at Stadium Australia, the Swans have had 4 of their lowest crowds at this venue in the last 3 years. Hopefully that continues.
http://afltables.com/afl/crowds/vn_stadium_australia.html

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
lol

It's hardly freezing. Last saturday was genuinely cold. Otherwise it's been cool but nothing rugging up won't fix.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Bizarre things to say. Saying the NRL should be stoked about losing to afl in Sydney is ridiculous. And if the the Storm got 30k against an afl game in Melbourne, we would be saying its woeful?

If the Swans can only pull 30k against Hawthorn thats pathetic.

One of their fiercest rivals. Buddy factor, grand final factors.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just flicked over and looking at the Swans crowd (Does it kick off at 7:30pm?), they only have about 5K in attendance at the moment. If that was the case at a Dogs game, I would figure it would fill out to about 15K max.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just looking at the Swans crowd again (channel 73), no more than 10K there at the moment. I think they will struggle to crack 20K at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts