What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Referee
Roosters should be absolutely ashamed of the kind of crowds they have been pulling up this year

What can they do to draw better crowds? They haven't drawn decent crowds for a long time yet nothing much gets done. Hopefully Dave Smith is on the phone getting them to somehow turn this around

Heritage XIII

Juniors
What can they do to draw better crowds? They haven't drawn decent crowds for a long time yet nothing much gets done. Hopefully Dave Smith is on the phone getting them to somehow turn this around

They've got a board with big business credentials but is it just a matter there are no more than 15,000 Roosters fans who live in the vicinity of Allianz who are prepared to travel?

At last years grand final they had a huge number of fans at ANZ. Does this suggest most Roosters fans just don't live in their traditional area?

Puzzling.

Red Bear

Referee
Following the Roosters on twitter and going to uni right near their base, I have to say they have improved alot in recent years. They really do a good job of the social media stuff, fan engagement and the like. They also have increased their visibility around the area, good promotion of upcoming games etc

Just gotta keep that up tbh, hard work pays off. They're looking decent on field again, which should help.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Harsh we do better than many to be far but we do underacheive

Perth Red

Post Whore
No. I am disappointed. It was a good day and a clear night so no excuses with weather. Roosters fans have not turned out as well as I thought they would so far this year.

Over 20k in Townsville is good for them on a Friday night which hurts their travelling fans.

The whole srason structure needs reworked from the ground up with a fresh approach. We have our two biggest rounds and then the momentum is killed by rep round and then can't really recover as its the origin affected rounds not long after it.

They were only big rounds as they were public holidays, it wasn't really building momentum. This week will be back to the norm of previous rounds not played on a ph.

beave

Coach
If the crowd in NQ was announced as 21.5k then 1300's capacity has been severely reduced or there's something up with the counting. It looked 25k to me easily.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I've said it before, we won't see a real crowd average improvement until the member base for each clubs is higher than the average crowd. So ARLC's approach to improving memberships is the right way to be increasing crowds. In the long term it will really get that next gen used to being a member and attending games as the right way to support the team.

pHyR3

Juniors
If the crowd in NQ was announced as 21.5k then 1300's capacity has been severely reduced or there's something up with the counting. It looked 25k to me easily.

they said 21k sold i think 1 or 2 hours before kickoff.

21.5k seems under... 23k would be the bare minimum.

I know both tiger's poor crowds at leichardt and campbelltown have had serious issues with the scanners, i saw many people just being let through without being scanned. Easily an extra thousand on both games if not more.

beave

Coach
Up until this year im usually only 500-1000 out for the crowd figure from sheer repetition of being there over a long period of time, something is definitely up or they had been bullshitting their crowds the 18 years prior.

H.H

Juniors
I'm really disappointed with our crowd tonight. No excuses for not cracking 20k.

We had great support last year. Minimum 45k of us were at the GF....30k at the WCC.

We exist and in good numbers, but f**k me we are a real mystery at times.

ona2001

Juniors
I've said it before, we won't see a real crowd average improvement until the member base for each clubs is higher than the average crowd. So ARLC's approach to improving memberships is the right way to be increasing crowds. In the long term it will really get that next gen used to being a member and attending games as the right way to support the team.

Reducing the length of the NRL season and thus increasing the value of each game to fans will help do this as well IMO. At 26 weeks with 24 rounds the time and ex gratia expense required to attend every home game is simply beyond a lot of members especially if they have families or need to travel longer distances to grounds, leaving the balance of crowds on any given day to casual fans. The gameday experience needs major attention - curtain raiser games and prematch entertainment need a major investment from the administration.

It was interesting to see the Storm at the Anzac Day game using an AFL-style fan-made team banner to run through prior to kickoff; I think it works as a great intro to the contest in their game, why not try it in ours?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Read something a few weeks back that approx 55% of season ticket holders actually attend each game

So even if you have 10000 season tix sold only 5500 will show for each game

cleary89

Coach
It was interesting to see the Storm at the Anzac Day game using an AFL-style fan-made team banner to run through prior to kickoff; I think it works as a great intro to the contest in their game, why not try it in ours?

coz its gay

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reducing the length of the NRL season and thus increasing the value of each game to fans will help do this as well IMO. At 26 weeks with 24 rounds the time and ex gratia expense required to attend every home game is simply beyond a lot of members especially if they have families or need to travel longer distances to grounds, leaving the balance of crowds on any given day to casual fans. The gameday experience needs major attention - curtain raiser games and prematch entertainment need a major investment from the administration.

Yep great idea, watching some skinny underfed homo's struggling to get through a crape paper banner will really get the RL fans through the gates.

ona2001

Juniors
Yep great idea, watching some skinny underfed homo's struggling to get through a crape paper banner will really get the RL fans through the gates.

They're not coming through the gates now buddy. No professional sporting code thrives without the money, attendance and pay TV subscriptions of casual fans. Casual fans need entertainment beyond just two teams running out, playing, and running off at fulltime. The game had them in the mid 90s, and lost them during the Super League war. If it wants to win the war against its code rivals it's time the NRL started thinking laterally about how to bring those people back from where they went, to the AFL and the A-League.

Coming from a supporter of a club whose board and management are writing the textbook on how not to manage a professional sporting business I'd have thought you'd be more supportive of a few new ideas.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They're not coming through the gates now buddy. No professional sporting code thrives without the money, attendance and pay TV subscriptions of casual fans. Casual fans need entertainment beyond just two teams running out, playing, and running off at fulltime. The game had them in the mid 90s, and lost them during the Super League war. If it wants to win the war against its code rivals it's time the NRL started thinking laterally about how to bring those people back from where they went, to the AFL and the A-League.

Coming from a supporter of a club whose board and management seem to have gone past the point of being dysfunctional to actively wanting to destroy the place I'd have thought you'd be more supportive of a few new ideas.
I'm getting the whiff of a troll 23 posts in 5 years???? And yep running through crepe banners is definitely the answer, i suppose it would be without a doubt the highlight in a game of Boggerball.

RWB

Bench
Read something a few weeks back that approx 55% of season ticket holders actually attend each game

So even if you have 10000 season tix sold only 5500 will show for each game

CFO of the Roosters said only 50% of members actually showed up tonight.

Very interesting.

Time slots are always going to have some affect on how many members show up but it's amazing that ~50% seems to be the norm competition wide for Season Ticket Holders.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
CFO of the Roosters said only 50% of members actually showed up tonight.

Very interesting.

Time slots are always going to have some affect on how many members show up but it's amazing that ~50% seems to be the norm competition wide for Season Ticket Holders.

I don't understand how and why hat os the case. That is a very low percentage compared to probably every other sports season ticket holders. Begs the questipn how many people are getting the value if they don't use it half the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts