What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRLMad

Juniors
As a Dragons supporter i don't really care, but it was cold as at 6pm when I left the city.

Who in their right mind is going to go to a game in the cold when you can watch it live on tv at home. 'Free' drink and food, no admission fee, no parking fee

total outlay going to the game: 50 bucks + 4hrs time..
Instead get home watch it on tv. Flick the channel as roosters were whopping the tigers.
Time committed under 1.5hrs, no restriction on what I can do.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
CFO of the Roosters said only 50% of members actually showed up tonight.

Very interesting.

Time slots are always going to have some affect on how many members show up but it's amazing that ~50% seems to be the norm competition wide for Season Ticket Holders.

Saturdays suit us best I have noticed

Perth Red

Post Whore
As a Dragons supporter i don't really care, but it was cold as at 6pm when I left the city.

Who in their right mind is going to go to a game in the cold when you can watch it live on tv at home. 'Free' drink and food, no admission fee, no parking fee

total outlay going to the game: 50 bucks + 4hrs time..
Instead get home watch it on tv. Flick the channel as roosters were whopping the tigers.
Time committed under 1.5hrs, no restriction on what I can do.

Spoken like a true NRL fan! I'll tell you who, supporters, fans, people who care about their club and want to be part of the highs of winning and lows of losing. A good live experience will pish over a distance casual viewing through the goggle box every day of the week. It's called commitment, NRL fans need more of it.

pHyR3

Juniors
Spoken like a true NRL fan! I'll tell you who, supporters, fans, people who care about their club and want to be part of the highs of winning and lows of losing. A good live experience will pish over a distance casual viewing through the goggle box every day of the week. It's called commitment, NRL fans need more of it.

but his user is nrlMAD!!! he's clearly crazy about his team :roll:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I guess thats the result of cheap memberships
If you only pay $199 and go to 7 home games

Its not bad value

But you miss 5 home games

Why wouldn't last night be free yo tigers members ?

Probably adds 4 k to crowd

guyver78

Juniors
What can they do to draw better crowds? They haven't drawn decent crowds for a long time yet nothing much gets done. Hopefully Dave Smith is on the phone getting them to somehow turn this around

SIMPLE!!!!
Reduce the schedule to 18-20 games, make SOO a standalone weekend which would give it a good build up all week. Kind of like the GF build up or the SuporBowl in the US.

That would definitely make these games a lot more worthwhile. It would also ensure guys like Greg Inglis actually have the option of playing until they are 35/36 and not be forced into retirement at 31/32 because the body is that beat up from playing so many games.

It's not the Roosters or the Tigers fault that only 16,000 turned up last night, this happens to all clubs. We are so spoiled for choice and we play sooo many games during the long season, does it really matter if you're a Roosters season ticket holder and you miss 2 or 3 games when you can attend 16 or 17 others during the season.

Why does it surprise so many people when they announce that 50% of the Roosters season ticket holders didn't show up? This happens to all clubs week in week out. When I go to Souths games the season ticket seats above me are apparently sold out but that family has turned up to only 1 game this year so far which was against the Bulldogs.

ona2001

Juniors
I'm getting the whiff of a troll 23 posts in 5 years???? And yep running through crepe banners is definitely the answer, i suppose it would be without a doubt the highlight in a game of Boggerball.

Reading your last three posts indicates I've got a bit to learn from you about it if I am. You can't offer any alternatives so it's a little hard to take your flaming seriously.

For a team coming off a premiership win, the Roosters crowds have been deplorable. You think they show up off the back off last year but it's the complete opposite. Please explain yourself Roosters fans.

Your team wins a premiership and the crowds goes backward.

Perth Red

Post Whore
26 rounds but every club takes 2 home games on the road to cities without clubs. Ideally consistently so clubs can formally partner with those cities and generate new membership bases. 11 home games, 2 on the road.

Rodney

Juniors
26 rounds but every club takes 2 home games on the road to cities without clubs. Ideally consistently so clubs can formally partner with those cities and generate new membership bases. 11 home games, 2 on the road.

one on the road, the others a bye

Question to anybody who bought an adult general admission ticket to Roosters v Tigers last night, how much did you pay?
My concession general admission was $27, ANZ Stadium is usually $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts