What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

RWB

Bench
Exactly. I have usually 5-6 mates that go to the footy. You know what we went to BOTH NRL finals last week, and I don't particularly love any of those sides. I asked them again this week, their response was "If it was at the SFS sure, we are not going to ANZ to have to pay for mid strength drinks". None of us go to the games to get drunk. We all like 1-2 drinks before the game, then we watch the game. We know how to control ourselves. We are meeting at a pub in the city and watching it there instead.

Yeh know a lot of people who fall in this category and at the end of the day you can't blame them.

A the game $100 will get you a seat behind he goals, half a dozen mid strength beers & a dodgy hot dog & chips.

At the pub $50 will get you half a dozen schooners + a Snitzel/steak & chips.

In isolation the excuses may seem weak but they all add up and they're excuses the game shouldn't be giving fans.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeh know a lot of people who fall in this category and at the end of the day you can't blame them.

A the game $100 will get you a seat behind he goals, half a dozen mid strength beers & a dodgy hot dog & chips.

At the pub $50 will get you half a dozen schooners + a Snitzel/steak & chips.

In isolation the excuses may seem weak but they all add up and they're excuses the game shouldn't be giving fans.

Personally the actual cost is okay IF they were full strength. They have the audacity to charge full strength prices for a half strength drink. If you want to serve mid strength fin, adjust your prices.

I agree with you, they may seem trivial excuses, but they add up. It is why I only go to ANZ for the grand Final and even then I won't go unless I sort of like one of the teams at least. last year I stayed home.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So there are people who can't go to a social event without guzzling beer. Maybe you should try having a night or two off the piss.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So there are people who can't go to a social event without guzzling beer. Maybe you should try having a night or two off the piss.

We live in Australia...earth to you, Aussies like a beer or two (and a real one) at an event. Go to an australia day BBQ...you have a beer. The NRL are fruitloops. Don't give fans a reason to not go. It may seem minor to you, I'm not the only one who sees it as an issue.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We live in Australia...earth to you, Aussies like a beer or two (and a real one) at an event. Go to an australia day BBQ...you have a beer. The NRL are fruitloops. Don't give fans a reason to not go. It may seem minor to you, I'm not the only one who sees it as an issue.

It's obvious that your priority is drinking and not the game.

leaguegod692

Juniors
i guess thats our probelm really Re mid strength beer

unfortunately alot of league fans are massive bogans and care more about how blind they get rather then watching a great game of footy live

lockyno1

Post Whore
It's obvious that your priority is drinking and not the game.

So thats why I don't drink during the game. Hmmm interesting I guess. I have 1-2 before the game. Have a water during the game. If I want to go out after I can. However I'm not travelling to drink half strength rubbish at full strength prices, period.

lockyno1

Post Whore
That's a big leap. People want an experience, and if that experience includes sinking piss for some that's no problem.

Exactly and the quicker the NRL realises that people want an experience the better. Crowds are bad enough at ANZ usually...giving people mid strength beers is making it worse!

franklin2323

Immortal
That's a big leap. People want an experience, and if that experience includes sinking piss for some that's no problem.

Same reason GF's have pre game bands. I couldn't care less I want the game on but it caters for the casuals in this sense

elbusto

Coach
Exactly and the quicker the NRL realises that people want an experience the better. Crowds are bad enough at ANZ usually...giving people mid strength beers is making it worse!

I went to ANZ last year to watch Origin and left sober. That is a disgrace. An utter disgrace. The beer was utter garbage.

Danish

Referee
Its the people that "need" their full strength beer (and thus get pissed and cause shit) that forced mid-strength beer into grounds in the first place.

I think the NRL - and most sports these days - are focusing more on bringing the families to the game rather than the people who like to get on the turps during a game, since the latter is a primary reason why the former don't attend.

elbusto

Coach
Its the people that "need" their full strength beer (and thus get pissed and cause shit) that forced mid-strength beer into grounds in the first place.

I think the NRL - and most sports these days - are focusing more on bringing the families to the game rather than the people who like to get on the turps during a game, since the latter is a primary reason why the former don't attend.

FFS what is happening to this thread? Have the Puritans taken over Rugby League or sumpin?

Get off your high horses.

You go to the footy, sink a few beers and have a good time. You have dry and wet areas to cater for everybody.

FFS almost all violence at footy happens because of sober idiots who just want to have a fight.

cleary89

Coach
Make the RSA people actually do their job. Not everyone who has a couple of full strength beers causes shit.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Yeah that's right.