What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

ouwet

Bench
10% Off tickets if you enter LIGHTITUP as a code!!

Saturday night looks like it might struggle to get 50,000... Tonight doesn't look to much better!

IF you support either of the four clubs, get out and buy some tickets and watch your team play! There really are no excuses!!

Family Tickets with the above code is $90 OR $22.50 A TICKET... It's give you four seperate tickets so it doesn't matter if you go 4 adults!!! $22.50 to watch a PRELIM. FINAL is unbelievable value which NO ONE can complain about!

skeepe

Immortal
Sydney league fans are an absolute disgrace. Less than a sell out for a preliminary final in the city that wants to call itself the heartland of the game is nothing short of tragic.

There are four teams involved, does each team seriously have less than 45K supporters? Do people who support other teams not bother going along because their team isn't involved?

f**k me what a bunch of deadshits you Sydneysiders are. I lived there for three years, and while the Raiders never got to the prelim, I was still there for each one played in the city.

What a bunch of lightweight so-called league fans you have in your shitty city.

Cammo

Bench
Sydney league fans are an absolute disgrace. Less than a sell out for a preliminary final in the city that wants to call itself the heartland of the game is nothing short of tragic.

There are four teams involved, does each team seriously have less than 45K supporters? Do people who support other teams not bother going along because their team isn't involved?

f**k me what a bunch of deadshits you Sydneysiders are. I lived there for three years, and while the Raiders never got to the prelim, I was still there for each one played in the city.

Take a valium stresshead

BlueandGold

Juniors

Sellout ANZ for prelims......:crazy::crazy:

When has that happened in the past?

:lol::lol:

Brutus

Referee

Melbourne had only 1 flogball prelim final last week and that game was 25k below capacity of the MCG. It wasn't a sell-out. Is that a disgrace as well?

Look if we put things into perspective no other sport could ever get close to 2 x 50k plus crowds in Sydney over 2 nights.

Before anyone jumps in Major League Baseball or other one off events don't count.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
Im a Dragons fan and ill be going to both Prelim finals.

Tonight im taking my 5yo son, getting there nice and early to see the Dragons Holden Cup game, and tomorrow heading in with a group of 8 (all Dogs supporters) who my son plays soccer with.

We got Telstra tickets for tonight and normal Cat 3 Family tickets for tomorrow night due to a Ticketek stuff-up not allowing me to get the Telstra tickets.

My cousin who is a season ticket holder with the Rabbits, who sits with 5 other relo's, are all staying away from the game tonight. Not due to cost, but because they have lost the last 2 Prelim's and he 'can't handle the stress and would rather break a window at home if they lost' than have to make his way home frmo the game with the shits.

What sort of warped mentality is that?!?! Have been trying to get him to go all week to help boost numbers but he is adament he would prefer to watch from home.

ek999

First Grade

Tonight im taking my 5yo son, getting there nice and early to see the Dragons Holden Cup game, and tomorrow heading in with a group of 8 (all Dogs supporters) who my son plays soccer with.

We got Telstra tickets for tonight and normal Cat 3 Family tickets for tomorrow night due to a Ticketek stuff-up not allowing me to get the Telstra tickets.

My cousin who is a season ticket holder with the Rabbits, who sits with 5 other relo's, are all staying away from the game tonight. Not due to cost, but because they have lost the last 2 Prelim's and he 'can't handle the stress and would rather break a window at home if they lost' than have to make his way home frmo the game with the shits.

What sort of warped mentality is that?!?! Have been trying to get him to go all week to help boost numbers but he is adament he would prefer to watch from home.

Some people are just like that, not much can you do about it TBH. I know one person who will record his teams games and only watch them if they win because he gets the shits watching them lose

ouwet

Bench

:clap::clap:Great effort mate!!! Good luck to the Dragons under 20's tonight and hope you guys have a great time at the footy tonight and tomorrow... If only more Rugby League supporters were like yoU!

leaguegod692

Juniors
i live on the central coast, work 8-5 monday-friday and sat mornings

its 2 hour trip usually (quicker home with no traffic ) but as a dogs fan i'm going to both games because i love being at the game

Sydney fans for every sport use every excuse in the world, roughly what a 30 minute free train ride to a game you could get $15 tickets or at worst like $35 with the other deals ?

the Amount of cars full of league fans i see heading back on the freeway and what not every night game makes me think that the traveling fans make up a huge amount of the crowd numbers every week, its just ridiculous that the majority of sydney fans can't be bothered, it can be incredibly frustrating when you make the effort to go to these games only to sometimes have sub par atmohsphere

this weekend will obviously be great regardless, we'd love to get 130K over the weekend but as a fan it will be enjoyable either way which is why people should get to the games, its gonna be a great weekend of footy!

Johnnie Red

Juniors
For some reason I would like to see 60k and 40k

Than 50k and 50k

Just feels like 50k is a step back for a south's v easts game

I think you might be right. I would expect the Souths/Easts game to attract a bigger crowd.

Hopefully both games attract 60-70k...unlikely but hopeful. :sarcasm:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
20 years time

2 PFs 1 at eden park Nz v storm . 1 at Adelaide oval Adelaide v Broncos

GF @ Perth Stadium.

The first code to truly `go national' will win the war I reckon

guyver78

Juniors

Personally I couldn't care less anymore if there's 50K there or if there's 75K there. 50K gives you a good enough atmosphere.

Think of it this way, what do you think would happen next year if 75K turned up to both games this year?

The same Cat 1 reserved tickets would jump up from $100 to $120. So before you have a go at the people or families of Sydney have a go at the NRL for screwing this up and getting greedy.

I can tell you now, if the NRL really wanted a crowd they'd lower the ticket prices and make them more reasonable like the Super 14 final and the stadium would be packed out with 75K+.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well the weather is good (even though I always go regardless) so there shouldn't be any excuses for tonight.

The game starts at 8pm which is good for such a big game as well. Plenty of time to get home from work and get to the game. Plenty of transport and it's FREE.

People need to get off their butts and make an effort.

Should get right on 60k hopefully.

cleary89

Coach
Was considering going to watch the 20s for free. But then I realised I get to drive for an hour, walk 20 min after parking, sit on level 6 and then have to do it all again on the way home when I can just watch it on tv at home.

Sure, if my team was playing in the NRL you'd be there, but as a neutral league fan it's not worth the effort.

Latest posts