What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyver78

Juniors
Don't understand this criticism. Level 6 is a great view unless you ate right at the back, say maybe 2 thirds of the level are decent seats. I have sat in the rafters at old trafford and it Is really no worse than that. Would far rather sit in level 6 than the GA areas at either end

You reckon? unless it's a full house there's no atmosphere on level 6 at all.
I think level 6 is sooo high you can barely see who the players are.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Do roosters members get in free ?

Or would they be in the pax ?

We could go close to 60k me thinks

Every roosters members has to pay for entry. No gate sharing here unfortunately, i don't see why it couldn't be done that both sides full season ticket holders get access to both grounds for this matchup

guyver78

Juniors
Every roosters members has to pay for entry. No gate sharing here unfortunately, i don't see why it couldn't be done that both sides full season ticket holders get access to both grounds for this matchup

I was reading about that a while ago and it's got something to do with the fact that the 2 sides are a part of different trusts.

Roosters = SFS/SCG
Rabbitohs = ANZ

Danish

Referee
Souths & Roosters don't have a deal together so I wouldn't think so. They do get discounted tickets tho, think it's 30% off any seat.

No discounts for roosters members at all for this game.

If Souths had such an offer for other teams this year they've removed it for friday - likely because they knew they'd get the numbers without the discount.

Brutus

Referee
This crowd better be at least 40k.

If not, it will be very disappointing.

I cannot wait for the game and will be out there to watch the Holden Cup as well.

Bring it on!!!

Dogs Of War

Coach
I was reading about that a while ago and it's got something to do with the fact that the 2 sides are a part of different trusts.

Roosters = SFS/SCG
Rabbitohs = ANZ

I still don't see why they couldn't do profit sharing of some sort at the very least.

guyver78

Juniors
No discounts for roosters members at all for this game.

If Souths had such an offer for other teams this year they've removed it for friday - likely because they knew they'd get the numbers without the discount.

There were emails all over with discounted tickets, surely Roosters members ticketed and non-ticketed would have received them.

They even had 30% discounted tickets on the ANZ Stadium home page last week, I got an email from ANZ Stadium last early last week to pre purchase my tickets at 30% discount.

PM me and I'll send you a link to 30% off if you're interested.

guyver78

Juniors
This crowd better be at least 40k.

If not, it will be very disappointing.

I cannot wait for the game and will be out there to watch the Holden Cup as well.

Bring it on!!!

I think it might actually already be that.

All Cat 1 lower decks are sold out
Level 4 is pretty much also all sold out with the exception of 2 Roosters Cat 1 bays.
They've sold a fair bit on level 6 too by the looks of it so looking good.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Do roosters members get in free ?

Or would they be in the pax ?

We could go close to 60k me thinks

Roosters members are essentially general public for this game so they are definetly included in that 21,630 PAX

ANZ members & Souths ticketed members are not
these members total 30K combined

I'd say around 20K of these members will attend
so we're at the early 40k's with 3 days to go ...... a crowd of 45K now looks likely
maybe 50K at a stretch.

that's not too shabby for a Friday night game
would have got well ova 50K .. maybe even 60K, on a Sat or Sun

Panther_Daz

Staff member
It is going to hit 30 degrees at Penrith on Friday so people can't complain that it is too cold to take the kids to the Footy. Will be early 20's for kick off.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I'm saying for the future. It ensures both clubs market the hell out of those clashes.

There was an article a few days ago in the herald saying that the roosters proposed both clashes being played at allianz going forward with the gate split 50/50. But souths shot it down.

HTML:
South Sydney have rejected a gate-sharing proposal from the Roosters to host all future games at Allianz Stadium.
The Roosters approached their arch rivals earlier this year with a pitch to stage all future fixtures at the Moore Park precinct from next year. The move would allow the bitter enemies to save on marketing and ticketing costs, while allowing for an equal split from gate takings.
The initiative would also allow the Rabbitohs to stage matches at their former home ground, closer to their spiritual home of Redfern. However Souths officials scuppered the move in favour of remaining at ANZ Stadium.
"We had some preliminary discussions earlier this year with the Rabbitohs on 2014," said Roosters chief operating officer Ted Helliar.
Advertisement
"We looked at it as a good opportunity to have two games out of here because we would go close to selling both of those out. The dream was playing rounds one and 26 at Allianz, but that hasn't eventuated. From a Roosters point of view, I know those strategies aren't going to happen just yet. It's now off the agenda."
Souths continue similar gate-sharing negotiations with Canterbury, a club which also calls ANZ Stadium home. But the foundation clubs, who have been feuding for 105 years, have agreed on little through since their inception and the Roosters proposal has now been scrapped.
The teams drew a crowd of 35,952 for their opening round match at Allianz Stadium, which also marked Sonny Bill Williams' return to rugby league. Early indications are the rematch will draw a crowd of approximately 45,000 in the game which decides the minor premiership.
Should they reach that figure, it will set a record for a Friday night fixture in Sydney. It will also mark the biggest crowd for the teams since they first clashed in 1908.
Roosters officials have no interest in shifting their home games against the Rabbitohs to ANZ Stadium.
"Our fan base wouldn't take that up," Helliar said. "How they go this Friday night might stand up to show that they are strong enough to hold it out there. If they get 50-60,000, good on them."
The winner of Friday night's clash will earn the $100,000 prize which goes with the J.J. Giltinan Shield and the Ron Coote Cup. South Sydney coach Michael Maguire revealed that Coote, who played for both clubs, had played a pivotal role in educating him about the history and culture of the side.
“I've spent a lot of time with Ron since I've arrived at the club, and I've learned a lot off him about the history of the place and what the club has provided him as a player and a person throughout his career," Maguire told rabbitohs.com.au.
“I've very much welcomed him to come and talk with the players because I feel the history of the club is a big thing in my eyes as well as the players' and to have someone like himself – who's created a lot here – it adds to the opportunities that we have in such a big, historic club. I think the fact that we're at such a historic club and to have people like him, that's the memories that make a place special and make a journey so much more fulfilling."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/souths-sink-gatesharing-deal-20130902-2t0y9.html#ixzz2dtxZDP8Kml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts