What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Newie fans made far more noise in the first 15 than Manly did in the last 65 tbh...

Chook Norris

First Grade
If the Raiders can't beat the crowd watching the Swans today.. then they are an absolute joke; looks no more than 6.5k at Manuka.. unless they decide to inflate the attendance figure

Timmah

Staff member
To be fair the weather looks like rubbish (although what's new in Canberra lol)

Timmah

Staff member
This round so far:
Manly v Knights @ Bluetongue 15,857
Titans v Broncos @ Skilled 26,336
Bulldogs v Eels @ ANZ 31,664
Storm v Sharks @ Olympic 10,533
Cowboys v Panthers @ DFS 14,274
Raiders v Tigers @ Canberra 11,115
Warriors v Dragons @ Mt Smart 13,507

Total: 123,286 (7 games)
Average: 17,612

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Newie fans made far more noise in the first 15 than Manly did in the last 65 tbh...

They did a lot more chanting where I was I agree, but would be confident on saying there were still a lot more Manly fans there. Then again that Eastern Grandstand has a nice echo :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
The open GA end itself was 65-35 Newie fans... Manly fans dominated the main grandstands.

Timmah

Staff member
For those interested:

Canberra Raiders v Wests Tigers @ Canberra Stadium 11,150
Sydney Swans v Melbourne Demons @ Manuka Oval, Canberra 7,311

ByRd

First Grade
So where are the Sydney haters, after we get over 31k to a game no one wants to comment haha

I can only imagine the average the Bulldogs could of had if the whether had been kinder to us at 2 games earlier in the year. We have a crowd of 31k, 25k, 22k and 20k but the last 2 were in terrible conditions and would of easily been higher.

But good to see some good crowds and hopefully at our last home game (Hazems last) we can go over the 30k mark again.

The General

Juniors
So where are the Sydney haters, after we get over 31k to a game no one wants to comment haha

I can only imagine the average the Bulldogs could of had if the whether had been kinder to us at 2 games earlier in the year. We have a crowd of 31k, 25k, 22k and 20k but the last 2 were in terrible conditions and would of easily been higher.

But good to see some good crowds and hopefully at our last home game (Hazems last) we can go over the 30k mark again.

If we can get around 15k each against the Raiders and Roosters and then 30k for Hazs last home game that should bring us to an average of more then 20k for the season.

I would think that would be the first time in a while that a Sydney team averaged more then 20k. Anyone know when the last time was?

mooney thompson

Juniors

That is exactly the reason why Sydney crowds cop stick.

Because this is proof of the sort of crowds that are possible to get in Sydney. The sort of crowds they should be getting REGULARLY, but don't.

Billythekid

First Grade
The exciting part for the dogs is that they are probably going to see a surge in ST holders this year. Last year they saw a strong increase despite all their problems.

Now they have got rid of the off field dramas and are the 2nd best team in the comp. I think 10,000 ST holders is just around the corner.

brad_19

Juniors
For those interested:

Canberra Raiders v Wests Tigers @ Canberra Stadium 11,150
Sydney Swans v Melbourne Demons @ Manuka Oval, Canberra 7,311

I'd be worried if the Raiders didn't get more! Canberra's own side against two teams no one could give a stuff about!

Timmah

Staff member
That is exactly the reason why Sydney crowds cop stick.

Because this is proof of the sort of crowds that are possible to get in Sydney. The sort of crowds they should be getting REGULARLY, but don't.
LMFAO... let me get this straight... you think 8 Sydney teams should all average above 20,000 because one team in Brisbane does? That's right, not even the Titans are averaging above 20k :lol:

mooney thompson

Juniors
LMFAO... let me get this straight... you think 8 Sydney teams should all average above 20,000 because one team in Brisbane does? That's right, not even the Titans are averaging above 20k :lol:

In case you haven't noticed there are 9 AFL teams in Melbourne and they all average well over 20000.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for there not to be at least ONE game in Sydney getting a crowd of 25000 AT LEAST once a fortnight, and 40000 for the blockbusters whenever Parra,Dogs,and Saints are involved and travelling well.

Timmah

Staff member
Sorry we don't reach your lofty standards.

When did this little point come where everyone became self-righteous about Sydney crowds? Why can't we just enjoy good crowds when they happen instead of sit through needless lectures from heady QLDers who think they know better?