What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Perth Red

Post Whore
because they are skint and get more money from ANZ? Crowds are comparable for them at both stadiums so I guess the fans are wide spread.

buster bunny

Juniors
because they are skint and get more money from ANZ? Crowds are comparable for them at both stadiums so I guess the fans are wide spread.

Souths fans are everywhere but im pretty sure souths revealed a few years ago that there were more souths members in western sydney then in the district. Being one of those members I love going to games at ANZ compared to the trip to the SFS. Not to mention how easy it is to get out of the stadium parking compared with the SFS. I probably wouldnt be a season ticket holder if we still played at the SFS.

Red Bear

Referee
decent crowds, good to see a reasonable crowd at the CC hopefully that helps in the push to get the mighty bears back

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What a load of rubbish 15.8k... was at least 17k, and I've been to that ground enough to know. Only one empty bay, the rest of the ground was chockers.

Brutus

Referee
What a load of rubbish 15.8k... was at least 17k, and I've been to that ground enough to know. Only one empty bay, the rest of the ground was chockers.

Average crowd for that match. Was hoping for a 20k sell-out with a Knights, Manly and CC fans filling up the ground.

Still, Brookie wouldn't have attracted much more.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Manly fans in particular would've found it difficult to get to the ground from the Northern Beaches.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given a large %of the crowd were Manly fans, and unlikely to support a Bears team how many were actualy fans from the CC who would turn out to see a CC Bears team I wonder?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Watching it on TV there were certainly lots of fans in Manly colours and Manly flags.

ps Ground does look great and I hope MES is brought up to that standard soon.

Apey

Staff member
yep definitely a lot of Manly supporters there, probably 60/40 or 70/30... judging by where I was sitting anyway.

Smith Machine

Juniors
Over 26K at Skilled park for the local derby well done. I was at the game and i swear that the capacity of the place is 27.5K but there were more than a thousand seats available. Great atmosphere at skilled! They are going to be a powerhouse in a few years to come with all the work going into that club!