What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Good work doggies to get such a big crowd, if Parramatta home game with our marketing team on the case would of got 17k ..

On other news it still feels great to stick it up the old berries, EELS are still alive in 09... See Denis it was all your fault...

BrisVegas

Juniors
What was the promotion that the Dogs were running? Something to do with support for a hospital? Hopefully they can turn it into a yearly event.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great initiative, thousands of free tickets given out to staff and families of a kids hospital and The Parra charity. Not exactly great for finances but a great way to fill the ground and make it look 1/2 decent on TV.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Great initiative, thousands of free tickets given out to staff and families of a kids hospital and The Parra charity. Not exactly great for finances but a great way to fill the ground and make it look 1/2 decent on TV.
Regardless of the free tickets I pretty sure they would still have attracted a fairly decent crowd.

mattyg

Bench
unbelievable crowd at ANZ tonight....people still coming in at half time...had the NRL not been so stupid with scheduling and actually gave the game a decent time slot it may well have pulled 40k.

ByRd

First Grade
Great crowd at ANZ, was not expecting that at all leading up to the game i was thinking about 25k max but good work by all invloved and it was good to see ANZ with that many people, much much better, shame about the result loll

camsmith

Juniors
Interesting test of support in Canberra on Sunday. The Raiders/Tigers game at Canberra Stadium is on against the Sydney/Melbourne AFL game at Manuka Oval.

Both games feature teams travelling similarly (mediocre) in this year's competitions - who would be disappointing most of their fans.

ds at home this 13k, have been just over 10k (average over last few years has been pretty close to what the AFL gets at Manuka).

Melbourne doesn't really get the average AFL fan excited. Will be next to no away support, and probably only moderate Sydney support. Be lucky if they get 8k.

mattyg

Bench
honestly thought we'd be lucky to crack 20k at ANZ tonight given the form of parra and the time slot the nrl provided...31k is amazing considering. Well done to everyone who was out there...no surprise really to see all the usual suspects at bagging out sydney crowds hiding when sydney produces something like this unepectedly

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What was the promotion that the Dogs were running? Something to do with support for a hospital? Hopefully they can turn it into a yearly event.
Last night was the third annual Bandaged Bear Cup. Last year when both teams were playing like busteds the fixture drew in 27.5k. Roughly the same figure the year before too.
be nice if it beats swans crowd tonight
Swans didn't play last night, they're playing today at Manuka Oval in Canberra, so I believe we win by default :lol: Canberra v Tigpies on the other hand...

This round so far:
Manly v Knights @ Bluetongue 15,857
Titans v Broncos @ Skilled 26,336
Bulldogs v Eels @ ANZ 31,664
Storm v Sharks @ Olympic 10,533
Cowboys v Panthers @ DFS 14,274
Total: 98,664
Average:19,733

What's doing in Townsville? I thought QLD was the centre of the RL universe...?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
With grounds that hold 19 and 20k respectively? Good luck with that.

Meanwhile, news out of the Gold Coast that they've been fudging crowd figures since it opened :lol:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
In Townsville at the moment and it seemed every man and his dog in this town was at the races yesterday for the Townsville Cup. Alot of alcohol was consumed and it appears not many were able to back up for the footy.

My first trip to Townsville and i was amazed at the lack of noise and atmosphere at Dairy Farmers. You can almost here a pin drop even when the Cowboys are on the attack.

mattyg

Bench
Sydney/NSW saving this rounds ass after dissapointing crowds in Townsville and Melbourne. I'm expecting the Rabbits to pull 20k plus as well.

Latest posts