What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd

Jono Russell

Bench
over 72000 were in attendance. I heard it was 7th largest of all time. How did it compare to last years crowd?

I might add it was a very well behaved crowd as well. The boos lockyer recieved when his name was on the big screen was enormous.

It was my first SOO match and let me say that no other nrl match will ever compare.

***MH***

Bench
There was a wild brawl under the north western scoreboard in the 2nd half when QLD were making their comeback.... it took at least 7 policemen to restrain this big bikie lookin fellow who was having a biff with another large fellow.

Jono Russell

Bench
your kidding i didnt see it mate. i was sitting next to the blue brigade (or what ever they call them selves) and all was sweet

mattyg

Bench
haha i was seriously 10 metres from that fight...couldnt see for 10 minutes. That guy was going crazy. Who else seen that female cop trying to hold him.

***MH***

Bench
thats the north eastern end under the panasonic videoscreen. if you had looked to your right, you probably would have notice alot of people standing up trying to look at the comotion.

You're right about the blue brigade though, they were well behaved! And they would have all scored a sweet perve for their efforts when the coke zero cheergirls hang around in their corner for about 5 to 8 minutes

***MH***

Bench
mattyg said:
haha i was seriously 10 metres from that fight...couldnt see for 10 minutes. That guy was going crazy. Who else seen that female cop trying to hold him.
lol, yeah.... i saw that too, and i was thinkin.... yeah goodluck sweetheart! and as the cops were pulling him down the stairs, the spectators that sat in the isle seats were getting their shot on him as well including this lady that stood up to him and gave him a gobful. I thought it was hilarious!

mattyg

Bench
doubt that incident will be in the papers. Guarantee it would be front page news if it was a dogs fan.

It kept going, the cops took there sweet ass time to clean it up. I missed a try because of it!! and about 5 minutes of the game. The whole last 10 minutes was crazy.

Oh i think the atmosphere at last years origin 2 was slightly better than tonight, but tonight was still brilliant.

stormman

Juniors
somethingwithjohn said:
over 72000 were in attendance. I heard it was 7th largest of all time. How did it compare to last years crowd?

I might add it was a very well behaved crowd as well. The boos lockyer recieved when his name was on the big screen was enormous.

It was my first SOO match and let me say that no other nrl match will ever compare.

Yet it was not a Sellout, Ray HADLEY YOUR ARE A f**kING GOOSE to say State of Origin 1 is going to be a sellout

James_Hardie

Juniors
Fancy it.
In the 79th minute last night Brett Finch had 72,000 people cheering him on!
When you consider the most he has ever had cheering him on in a stadium is two (his parents), that's quite a change for the bloke.

ByRd

First Grade
LOL.....and i was one of those cheering for him, had to come home and have a shower to get that feeling out of me, i felt disgusted LOL

Sharkie™

Juniors
that was my second origin game and the atmosphere never dissappoints, i really wanna get down to melbourne now.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
mattyg said:
doubt that incident will be in the papers. Guarantee it would be front page news if it was a dogs fan.

If it involved a dogs fan, there'd be 20 people beating up one guy. One on one doesn't happen.

stormman

Juniors
ShArKsMaN said:
yeh i gotta look into planes and stuff, any update on how the sales are going.

Catergory 1 sold out( where i am sitting) $100 a ticket

Catergory 2 Single seat only i belive $65 a ticket

catergory 3 half sold $35 a ticket

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
stormman said:
Catergory 1 sold out( where i am sitting) $100 a ticket

Catergory 2 Single seat only i belive $65 a ticket

catergory 3 half sold $35 a ticket

OMFG, if thats TRUE, GOOD WORK MELBOURNIANS!!!