What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd

Generalzod

Immortal
its not hard.

FFS, id kill it marketing the sharks. give me the job. id have everyone south of tom ugly's bridge to the gong in black white n blue, foaming at the mouth wanting a season seat.

as a bloke in enemy territory..the raiders dont' do much marketing..but compared to the sharks, its like work choices advertising down here.

i saw nothing advertising the game other than the sign at the ground.

The only sign I saw was on the Kingsway promoting the game, Also my Kids go to Gymea Bay public and once in a while they use to get a free ticket to the football..For some reason this has stopped.
AFL have taken over the school with this Oscit sh*t..Get your act together NRL.

imasharkie

Coach
If there had been a win against Manly the week before, The crowd would have approached 20k. But given the crap of last week, it would not have been hard to find better Saturday night alternatives to Shark Park. If the Sharks keep winning and promise more, the bigger crowds will come.

Yep that was very disappointing for the three of us who travelled to Sydney from Brissy for the Manly game and have to put up with the crap game that was dished up and at a cost of over $2500.

Doesn't matter to us though as we'll be down again if the Sharks get a home semi and no doubt we'll be going down again next year for a few games.

Although if I still lived in the shire I'd be at every game the Sharks played.

Yep that was very disappointing for the three of us who travelled to Sydney from Brissy for the Manly game and have to put up with the crap game that was dished up and at a cost of over $2500.

Doesn't matter to us though as we'll be down again if the Sharks get a home semi and no doubt we'll be going down again next year for a few games.

Although if I still lived in the shire I'd be at every game the Sharks played.

thats right.

i believe that 4k were turned away by that loss alone.

the real issue is the other 4000 odd people who didnt show.

marketing in the shire could and should be alot better.

newman

First Grade
Tony Zappia is extremely opposed to letting people into the ground at a heavily discounted rate. The club is working hard at building the brand and product up in the long term.
I do believe though that they can do more in the short term to get people through the gate.

If the crowds dont show, they WILL move a couple of games a year to Gosford, ANZ, etc. Thats a fact.

wolverine

Juniors
I'm a Marketing Grad and i have a stack of ideas that the Marketing Department at the Sharks (if they indeed have one) could use. Does anyone have an address or a name an e-mail address that i could send ideas to?
One thing that would increase crowds is having promotions and then marketing those promotions. That 3 game pass idea was a decent one, but wasnt really marketed that well.

sharks8601

Juniors
they should move home games against outer sydney teams to ANZ e.g warriors, cowboys etc
we usually get good crowds to toyota when its two sydney teams playing

I saw an add on Fox for a discounted Raiders package where you could buy singles or family passes for the rest of the season.

With 4 home games to go it would be a good idea.

GregoryP

Juniors
Anyone who wasn't there and had the opportunity to be is a disgrace.

Get out of the pubs, get out of the lounge chair and support your team.

Having a team is not a luxury, we needx to average 15000 sharks fans every week.

We are in the top 3. No excuse. Get there.

Vossy

Bench
i do business studies as part of my HSC, just finished an assignment - business report on IMAX..bloody hell, IMAX cinema do a better job at advertising there product and there product isnt as big as an NRL game ffs

our mob cant even advertise a clothing line let alone a NRL game and it doesnt look like changing

Yadamish

Juniors
I guessed the crowd was between 10-11000 on Saturday night and guessed the crowd correctly of 18-19000 the week before, so at least the Sharks counting must be consistent.

However the club does no promotion of the upcoming game.

I see posters in Sutherland Shops again promoting the next St George Home game FFS, (two games in a row) but never see a poster promoting the local teams next games! :crazy:

spider

Coach
I guessed the crowd was between 10-11000 on Saturday night
come on yada - it was no where near that mark

it was a blatant inflated figure

the new stand was empty

the family hill was empty

beer hill was sparcely populated

and there was plenty of seating unoccupied

Quigs

Immortal
I noticed on the Fox that there was a lot of vacancies around the ground and it didn't look good on the big screen.

Its all about bums on seats

That should be the first goal. You can't make believe the bums are on the seats.

I remember the first time I saw the grounds with the multi coloured seats to give the punter the impression that the ground was full.

It's all crap.

From what I gather is our frontline marketting needs a kick in the arse.

Forget all the motivational who-harrr blah blah blah.

Sell the tickets cheap, give em to schoolkids, what ever it takes to get the bums on the seats.

Get the phantom to hang a sheet off the Taren Pt overpass - what ever it takes.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Tucky

Juniors
Up here in Brisvegas they have a 2 for 1 voucher in the "Entertainment" Book for a Broncos game at Suncorp. (Saves about $33)
I've used the voucher for the last 4 years to go and watch my beloved Sharkies when they come up here.

imasharkie

Coach
Up here in Brisvegas they have a 2 for 1 voucher in the "Entertainment" Book for a Broncos game at Suncorp. (Saves about $33)
I've used the voucher for the last 4 years to go and watch my beloved Sharkies when they come up here.

Where can I get hold of that book, Tucky? My son is a mad Broncos fan and we get to a few games at Suncorp to watch them and if I can get discounted seats I'll take him to more games.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I just got my tickets to the Bronco's game. Cost me 51 bucks for me and my daughter but I've got real good seats.