What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crueled by injuries

Burwood

Bench
Newcastle five-eighth Jarrod Mullen and interchange prop Luke Davico have been ruled out of tomorrow's match against Manly after both failed to overcome injuries. Teenage star Mullen missed last Sunday's win against the Sydney Roosters with a bruised sternum and has failed to recover in time for tomorrow's match at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

Davico, meanwhile, is still struggling with a quadriceps strain suffered last weekend. Utility forward Daniel Abraham and young pivot Chris Bailey are expected to come into the side. Coach Michael Hagan will decide tomorrow whether to start Bailey at five-eighth or partner champion halfback Andrew Johns with Kurt Gidley - back after missing six weeks with a knee injury.
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=11717

Looks like both Mullen and Davico will be missing from tomorrow night's game:(. Abraham is in for Davico, and hopefully Bailey will slot straight in to 5/8th and not sit on the bench. My biggest concern, our bench is now consisting of Kidley, Lowrie, Tanner and Bailey. Are any of those guys over 100kg? We are going to get monstered in the frontrow once Perry and Woolnough come off.

antbytes

Juniors
Not looking good - BK would love to beat us at Marathon (what a great player - I still hate the chip stealers but like to see BK playing well). After he had a rest last week he'll be rearing to go !

Jono078

Referee
1. Thaiday
2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn
17. Kidley
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Reynoldson
--
15. Reegan Tanner
16. Todd Lowrie
18. Daniel Abraham
19. Dan Tolar

:D

Burwood

Bench
Jono078 said:
1. Thaiday
2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn
17. Kidley
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Reynoldson
--
15. Reegan Tanner
16. Todd Lowrie
18. Daniel Abraham
19. Dan Tolar

:D

I was just thinking a similar thing (minus Tolar:roll:). Bailey could find himself the unlucky man out here- Kidley to 5/8th and then bring up a big bopper from Premier League to add some much needed size to our bench. Tolar unfortunately misses out because he is only back from injury.

Bicey_18

Bench
I think Hagan will put Simmo and Reynoldson up front, when Perry and Wooly go off

Lowrie moves into 2nd row, Abraham into lock, Bailey at five eighth and Kidley on the bench...

1. Thaiday
2. Carney
3. Midley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn
18. Bailey
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson (Shifts to prop)
12. Newton
13. Reynoldson ( Shifts to prop)

14. Lowrie ( Comes into 2nd row)
15. Kidley
16. Abraham (Comes into Lock)
17. Tanner

Im not sure what will be the final lineup ... but I am still confident of a victory..... Just. I mean as Parra have shown lately with just one forward, its all about attitude and confidence.. something our boys should have... hopefully

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Yeah its going to be an interesting match up in the forwards. Hopefully we can out enthuse the opposition, because we're no match for size with those injuries.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Hmm, good point about Simpson, didnt think of him. I'd still like to see Tolar. Or even Royal, dont know how his form is currently

Bicey_18

Bench
Teams coming off the bye struggle to perform ...... Knights have been winning for the past 3 weeks and have regained some of that confidence. I think the boys will be up for this... Joey's focus is on winning this comp and that has to encouraging to hear. I heard on the news that after the Roosters game, Reynoldson asked Joey if he wanted to celebrate wit the boys... Joey turned round and said.. "Nah mate I have a premiership to win" That caught on with the rest of the players.. Expect a stellar performance tomorrow night by the boys... They can do it...

Ben

Bench
I was reallu hoping that Mullen could make it back. I really want to see him cement the spot of five-eighth. Hagan has said that if Mullen didn't make it back in time, Bailey would be given preference over Kidley. But for the week after I'm not sure if Hagan will do the same with the team.

strewth_mate

Bench
I watched them train for a bit and didn't see Matt Kennedy, so breathe easy ;-)

They looked pretty sharp today, Joey was barking at the flanks 2 or 3 plays before the ball went their way, often not getting involved in the ball playing and just shouted orders. One instance in particular was setting for a play from a scrum, where Joey was pointing at the defensive line, mentioning Monaghan by name and shuffling the backline before executing a pretty slick wraparound play. He's fired up.

Burwood

Bench
strewth_mate said:
One instance in particular was setting for a play from a scrum, where Joey was pointing at the defensive line, mentioning Monaghan by name and shuffling the backline before executing a pretty slick wraparound play.

Do you mean that the Knights have finally come up with a scrum play that doesn't involve Matt Gidley doing a straight forward hit-up??:shock:

Frederick

Staff member
strewth_mate said:
I watched them train for a bit and didn't see Matt Kennedy, so breathe easy ;-)

They looked pretty sharp today, Joey was barking at the flanks 2 or 3 plays before the ball went their way, often not getting involved in the ball playing and just shouted orders. One instance in particular was setting for a play from a scrum, where Joey was pointing at the defensive line, mentioning Monaghan by name and shuffling the backline before executing a pretty slick wraparound play. He's fired up.
Strewthy, shhhhh...the Eagles may have some spies around here :-$

:p

CJKnight

Juniors
I somehow think Kidley will be back in the #6... just a hunch. Bailey as Utlility off the bench.

Get bloody Tolar or Royal in there! We can't survive with a bench minus 2 props! We are playing against a side that boasts:

Kennedy
Watmough
Menzies
Kite
King
Rose

Simmo to the rescue as a 3rd prop?

Latest posts