What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Me A River, Ricko

Azkatro

First Grade
Sydney Morning Herald said:
<snip>

Stuart revealed Ricketson today would plead guilty to a grade-one strike on North Queensland's Nathan Fien. He was charged with grade-three.

<snip>

Roosters director Michael Conn and chief executive Brian Canavan will defend Ricketson at the tribunal tomorrow night. A grade-one finding would mean he would escape suspension.

Contacted last night, Ricketson said he had "nothing to say" about the charge but added: "Hopefully I'll have plenty to say on Wednesday night."

Stuart said: "Luke is devastated, as anyone would be in this situation. We are going to go in there and try and challenge the grading. We think it's a harsh grading.

"He did it - we're not denying that. It's more the fact that it's grade two or three. It's not a matter of going in and being aggressive or trying to prove anyone wrong, it's just a matter of trying to put our case as best we can."

Brad Fittler, who will retire after Sunday's match, revealed the memory of a tackle by the Warriors' Awen Guttenbeil on forward Ned Catic at Ericsson Stadium on August29 probably prompted Ricketson to lash out in defence of his captain. :)lol: - Az)

Five-eighth Fittler said of Fien: "Little cheeky blokes, they try to get away with everything and they normally do. It was good. We've . . . criticised ourselves in the past. It happened in Auckland when a bloke got a cheap shot on one of our blokes and no one did anything. That probably went through a few of the blokes' minds as that [Fien incident] happened."

Stuart used a punch thrown by Bulldog Willie Mason at the Cowboys' David Myles in a qualifying final as an example of why Ricketson should not have been charged. It is understood Mason was cleared because Myles had shaped up to him.

Stuart said Ricketson was "a guy that sticks up for his mates" and "the heart and soul of our side" while Fittler reckoned he was "a bloke you want to go to war with".

Stuart said: "We don't promote cheap shots or foul play but we do promote loyalty."

Stuart was concerned by Sunday's refereeing by Paul Simpkins; Tim Mander has been appointed to Sunday's match.

Well you better believe it folks, that's what they're going in with :lol:

Glen

Bench
Lucky for Fitler that Ricketson stuck up for him against big bad Nathan Fien. Fien's deceptively strong, those pushes to Fitler's head could have broken his neck

legend

Coach
If they get a blatant strike to the head of a player without the ball and looking elsewhere downgraded to striking grade one, then the already pathetic reputation of the judiciary will have sunk to new lows. He did the crime, he should do the time.

Grade one my arse.

miccle

Bench
Glen I know you were just kidding, but you have to remember that freddy is getting to that age where the bones just aren't that strong anymore. Fien probably could've snapped his neck with those little pushes ;-)

Corbin

Juniors
Stuart used a punch thrown by Bulldog Willie Mason at the Cowboys' David Myles in a qualifying final as an example of why Ricketson should not have been charged. It is understood Mason was cleared because Myles had shaped up to him.

Stuart said Ricketson was "a guy that sticks up for his mates" and "the heart and soul of our side" while Fittler reckoned he was "a bloke you want to go to war with".

dead right i have been saying it all along about the willie mason punch.... he got nothing so ricko shouldnt either i reckon.....
Also i luv the bit where they stick up for Fittler.. ha ha so gd...

legend

Coach
Completely different circumstances. Both Myles and Mason shaped up to each other whereas Ricketson hit Fein from out of the blue in a cowardly manner whilst Fein was looking elsewhere. Flimsy defence IMO but should be enough to get Ricketson off considering he is a Rooster and all.

Raider Azz

Bench
It might has well of been in the back of the head. Fien wasn't looking at him and Ricketson had nothing to do with what was happening.

Ricketson is a thug.

rossy

Juniors
C'mon it either was or it wasn't.

First say it was. Then you say it might as wll have been. Did Fien start it? WHat did he hope to acheive? He threw a couple before anyone threw any at him.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
fien palmed fittler in the head so dummy half could play the ball and fittler mouthed of to him so ricketson came in with the forearm 2 the jaw
dead set if fittler wasnt all over him in the first place it wouldnt have happened

BTW how come minnichello didnt get pulled up for his late-high hit???

They didnt do anything in Auckland becos they were scared and knew they would of got the shit belted outta them by Betham Paleasiina and co.

But punching a player who is not looking and about a foot smaller than you is good for your confidence then good on you.

I remember feeling sorry for Johnny Lomax when he was suspended for the grand final bout 10 years ago but no one should feel sorry for Ricketson or the Roosters

Jimbo

Immortal
Azkatro said:
Roosters director Michael Conn and chief executive Brian Canavan will defend Ricketson at the tribunal tomorrow night.

Another 'Conn' job by the Roosters...

El Diablo

Post Whore
rick.gif
ricketson.gif

Thug.

frank

Juniors
What I can't understand is the media's pussy-footing around this issue.

Ricketson got Fien with a KING HIT.

For f**k's sake, after the Danny Williams incident every man and his dog was calling it a king hit. So why not Ricketson?

If anything, Ricketson's KING HIT was worse. Fien did absolutely nothing to provoke Ricketson. If anyone had a reason to punch Fien, it was Fittler.

I say call a spade a spade, call a KING HIT a KING HIT. Grade 3 striking is a joke of a charge, it should have been referred straight to the judiciary just like Williams and big tough Ricko should be looking at an 18 week stint on the sidelines where thugs like him belong.

Stuart's defence is absolutely laughable.

Greenblooded

Juniors
rossy said:
Nice Gif, but you left the start off. Selective editing doesn't do your case any good.

It think it shows quite nicely that Fien wasn't even looking at Ricketson.
What a cheap shot :shock:

Latest posts