What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cryptocurrency

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
BTC was 44k USD when Tesla announced the 1.5bil purchase. It was likely sub 40k when the purchase actually happened. It's 50k now.

So even looking at it short term, which isn't why Tesla invested in it, they have still gained a shitload from BTC in a few weeks.

Dorris_is_mean

Juniors
Just ignore sadunit guys

You'd be chucking a temper tantrum too if you'd be told about guaranteed money years ago, spent all that time laughing at the smart ppl who invested, only to realise those people are now wealthy, and he's... Well.... Poor
And poor people are disgusting.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Just ignore sadunit guys

You'd be chucking a temper tantrum too if you'd be told about guaranteed money years ago, spent all that time laughing at the smart ppl who invested, only to realise those people are now wealthy, and he's... Well.... Poor
Let them eat cake

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just ignore sadunit guys

I may be disgusting, but I'm not poor.

Bazal

Post Whore
One thing I will say about this crypto stuff, it's created a f**k tonne of new financial experts lmao

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're one of those guys who gives themselves a Nick name too aren't ya

And I'm pretty sure it's spelt LOSER
No I'm not and even if I did, I can guarantee you that you spelt it wrong.

Maybe you should invest your new found wealth (so long as there wasn't a "healthy correction" that obliterated several billion dollars) into getting an education?

soc123_au

Staff member
No I'm not and even if I did, I can guarantee you that you spelt it wrong.

Maybe you should invest your new found wealth (so long as there wasn't a "healthy correction" that obliterated several billion dollars) into getting an education?

You understand that these Billions that are obliterated are only realised if you sell? They then magically reappear later on. It's not much different to the traditional stock market, just with bigger swings. For example have a look at a 5 year chart for Amazon stocks, you will see many "healthy corrections" in late 2019 it dipped 25% in a month. Now its double what it was before the dip. If you panicked & sold in the dip then you lost, hold & you doubled your money.

I'm late to the game compared to most, but had been toying with the idea of giving it a go for years. I nearly bought bitcoin at $300.00 back in 2015 but it seemed a bit complicated on how it all worked with crypto wallets etc. Then in 2017 I figured I had blown my chance & missed the wave.

All this time my savings have been sitting in the bank earning me three fifths of f**k all. So this time when the markets started heating up I jumped in. Most of my savings are still doing f**k all in the bank, but the portion invested in crypto has the potential for life changing results, if it crashes then I just wait it out with the coins staked, it's not like the money was doing much anyway.

The banks have been f**king us forever, decentralised finance is the future. I still dont understand nor give too much of a f**k how blockchains, gas fees, etc work, but the principals of crypto make a lot of sense. Eventually the markets will stabilise to more traditional stock market levels, but you can be sure that crypto isn't going away.