What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curran

hitro

Juniors
I am reading between the lines of his comments that he is a goose where there's alcohol in the mix. That he has come for a meeting with the coach "hungover" quite possibly still drunk and with a quarrelsome attitude to a season review. Makes more sense of the punching a younger member of the public too. I can actually see why they let him go now.

Butthurt is an understatement.
It was the correct decision letting this Karen go.
He forgot to mention that we gave him an opportunity in the NRL that gave him his status now.
Don't crawl back when you burn your next bridge bro.

Cant deny he's had a good season this year.

But if he's implying he deserved more minutes last year, the team did pretty well with the starters Webby went with at the time, so not sure what his whinging is based on except for a false sense of entitlement.

And Niukore was signed by Brown so if he's sour about being bumped down the pecking order, he's b1tching about the wrong guy anyway.

Pretty childish.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I haven't been watching the Bulldogs super closely, but hasn't Curran actually played sort of the same role that he did for the 2023 Warriors anyway? He was mad because he thought he should've been a locked in starter here. At the Dogs he's been coming off the bench a lot, shuffled around various positions, and being used as an impact player.

The main differences seem to be that he's probably been given a bit more leeway to play his own game in the middle (where Webster had him more locked to an edge) and perhaps more importantly, he's been getting positive media attention. The irony is he wanted to be treated like a star at the Warriors, but now he's happy being an impact player at the Dogs because the media narrative is he's a "Warriors discard come good".

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Definitely seems like a case of good player, ordinary person with Curran. Which is a shame because I did really respect the way he took his opportunity with us during Covid, where a lot of other players didn't and cut and run rather than move to NZ. Maybe that's part of why he feels aggrieved.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I haven't been watching the Bulldogs super closely, but hasn't Curran actually played sort of the same role that he did for the 2023 Warriors anyway? He was mad because he thought he should've been a locked in starter here. At the Dogs he's been coming off the bench a lot, shuffled around various positions, and being used as an impact player.

I saw some stats posted the other day making this exact point, that Curran has basically been playing the same minutes as he did in 2023 and also mostly coming off the bench. Nothing much has really changed except that he felt slighted in 2023 because his role was reduced from 2022. The irony is the Dogs starting pack is full of journeyman so if anything, Curran could have a legitimate gripe that he should be playing more minutes this year too.

I saw some stats posted the other day making this exact point, that Curran has basically been playing the same minutes as he did in 2023 and also mostly coming off the bench. Nothing much has really changed except that he felt slighted in 2023 because his role was reduced from 2022. The irony is the Dogs starting pack is full of journeyman so if anything, Curran could have a legitimate gripe that he should be playing more minutes this year too.
lol@Curran.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Think someone might have been getting cute with some stats there, he has the same number of appearances but that’s where the similarities end, his running metres are nearly double, and he has made about 200 extra tackles

Early on in the year he would start on the bench, come on around the 20min mark, and play the rest. Can’t really recall what sort of rotation he was on last season

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Think someone might have been getting cute with some stats there, he has the same number of appearances but that’s where the similarities end, his running metres are nearly double, and he has made about 200 extra tackles

Early on in the year he would start on the bench, come on around the 20min mark, and play the rest. Can’t really recall what sort of rotation he was on last season
From memory last year he was often coming on later, sometimes not til the second half.

Latest posts