What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current Knights Side Lacks X-Factor

League_God

Juniors
Melbourne Has Greg Inglis

Brisbane Justin Hodges

Parramatta Jarryd Hayne

Bulldogs Sonny Bill

Manly Brett Stewart

Souths Nathan Merrit

Tigers Chris Lawrence

Kiwis Wade McKinnon

etc etc

Newcastle Lacks The X-Factor

But, there is good news, from what i saw of Vuna last night, He may help us retain that X-Factor, everytime he touched the ball he looked dangerous, The other who can help us retain this X-factor is of Course Uate, that is if he ever gets a run in first grade....which atm never looks like happening, he needs a taste of first grade very soon, to help motivate him, at the beginning of the year there was all this spotlight surrounding him being labelled "the next Lote".... How do you think he would feel being labelled that and playing the whole season in friggen reggies?.

once we have both those player on the wings, (aswell as Carmont back in Reggies) The Whole Side will start to look better,

Think first of 2007, this year, The Young Halves Combination improving week in week out,
Danny Buderus doing what he does, The Big Boys, that is, Perry, Snowy, Mitchy, Wooly etc Running hard (in pairs) ones pass of the ruck, quick play the balls.
Then standing out a couple of passes off the ruck on oppostie sides of the field from each other is Simmo and Patterson, then standing on either side of them are Luke and Adam MacDougall, Then the Two Speedsters Vuna and Uate on the Wings. Then of course Kids hanging out back and coming in as melbourne uses Billy Slater to create the overlap when in the oppostitions 30/20 metre zone.

2008 should be the same except with more experience(Patto,Walsh, Mullen, Vuna, Uate etc should have a few gam,es of first grade up there sleeves by then), Talent, Size(Ben Cross, Danny Wicks), and Speed(Naquima and hopefully another signing)

If we get that happening next Year beleive me you we will win the premiership in 2008
wow now im excited!

antonius

Coach
Smith is building a team for the future, and from what I'm seeing he's doing a very good job of it. I thought Taia looked the goods last night as well.

roopy

Referee
I'm pretty happy with how things are going for next season.
I would like to see Dureau signed for insurance in the halves - but i'm pretty happy with the way the squad is developing for next season.

antonius

Coach
If Mullen is carrying an injury, I think Smith should consider playing Dureau in his place for a few weeks. Something is affecting Mullens game lately, I think he needs a spell. Dureau could surprise a few people.

roopy

Referee
yeah - Mullo and Pato - 19 year olds shouldn't be asked to do as much work as they have this season.
a weeks holiday starting tomorrow I reckon.

RABK

Referee
SOO did the exact opposite of what most predicted but exactly what some predicted... instead of lifting his game to a new level it's shattered his confidence.

antonius

Coach
Yep dumping him for Bird wouldn't do the old confidence much good. He's prob trying too hard now. What he needs to do is put the whole SOO thing out of his head (hard to do I know) get back to doing what he does best at club level, knowing that his time will come again (and it will) I think it was ridiculous to have selected him in the first place.

RABK

Referee
He'll be fine, he has the full array like Johns.

Just needs to work hard improving all his skills and consistency and he'll be a very special player.

Serc

First Grade
League_God said:
Newcastle Lacks The X-Factor

We have Buderus and Kidley!

Looks like Mullo needs a bit of time to get things together again - thank goodness we have Walshy in the halves atm or we would be having serious issues.

Jono078

Referee
Gidley was one of the best X-Factors in the comp until his shoulder injury.

If Blues win the 3rd game, I think Gidley's game will go to another level.

Ben

Bench
I think Gidley is the man to offer us the X-Factor. His main weapon is he can slot in anywhere on the field. He can play as a second five-eighth, take the ball out from dummy half, put someone through a gap or put himself through a gap. He backs up like any fullback would and kick-returns have been really strong this year. Under Smith he has really excelled and if it weren't for injury, he would be a strong chance for taking out the Dally M Medal this year. The way he started the season with us, he was simply everywhere.

Gidley's more an impact player than a real X-Factor. Smith teams aren't ever about individuals, so don't expect

I don't know, everyone's whacking off about McManus like he's the incarnate of Nathan Blacklock, but for some reason, I'm just not seeing it. Uate will bring the kick-chase when he finally gets a go. Until then the individual impact player will not show it's head.

Ben

Bench
McManus has been consistent this year.

Tighe has had one good game and still fails to show us what he is capable of

Macdougall's defensive lapses are killing the team.

Carmont has defence but not alot more.

Polglase is Polglase.

Vuna seems to be showing signs that he can be a real danger, but has only had two games.

~knights~

Juniors
On Mullen he seems to be kicking out on the full alot lately,while his kicking game pre-origin was quite good.I agree with you guys about his confidence atm

if your saw the aftermatch shots in the dressing room...the young halves seem to take the loss hard ...heads down ...it was good to see b.Smith tell them to keep their heads up :)

mistakes happen and that's how you learn and become a better player through experience.

Alex28

Coach
If Wade McKinnon can be classed as a teams "X-Factor", then we certainly have it in Kurt Gidley. We just didn't have it last night...

knights7

Juniors
~knights~ said:
if your saw the aftermatch shots in the dressing room...the young halves seem to take the loss hard ...heads down ...it was good to see b.Smith tell them to keep their heads up

I'm not sure so much if it was just them but maybe it was a coach thing maybe he said put your heads down and just think about where we lost the game or something along those lines...Maybe told them to clear their heads...

Did anyone see the press confrence on fox sports today...Smith wasn't happy.

keeney

First Grade
Vuna looked good last night, but needs to work on his defensive positioning. I feel if they targeted him mroe they would have scored plenty down that side.

Latest posts