What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current List of Raiders Contracted Players for 2014- Updated 7/11/13

Hayabusa

Juniors
Next year does look like a nightmare but i guess its also a matter of who requires upgrades in their contracts as well as extensions. The guys in blue are the ones I think are key for our future and the guys in italics I could see asking for pay rises. Guys in red I can see leaving or being insignificant payment wise

Jermaine Ale(Has had plenty of junior buzz and will be full time 1st grade ready)

Marshall Chalk
(Deserves an extension and an upgrade)

Josh Miller
(A must)

Phil Graham
(Good form this year and is an incumbent)

Alan Tongue
(Has been pivotal off the bench, I just hope it isn't a one season wonder)

Terry Campese
(A pay rise really depends on what his full time first grade position and form will be)

Beau Mundine
(great form early this year in PL and should stay on, I'm curious where he is in regards to the junior backs pecking order)

Michael Weyman
(Regardless of injury he is our prop with the biggest potential but an upgrade has to be dependant on game time and impact next year)

Jason Croker
(plus 1 yr option) (A great clubman but this I can see hurting us if his form drops off)

Bronx Goodwin
(Depends if he can break first grade next year or be close by the end of his contract)

Alan Rothery
(Fringe first grader so i'm not really sure where he will fit in)

Nathan Smith
(Obviously can't be truly assessed till next year)

Jason Williams
(This guy was brought in as a project and if he control his weight and fitness could reach his potential and be very hand)

Michael Hodgson
(Doesn't get selected as much as he should at times and with two backrower signings the writing may be on the wall)

Michael Howell
(Don't know enough about his form to tell but he never seems to get mentioned)

David Howell
(Tough to leave him in 1sts if the young guys are ready)

Terry Martin
(As good as already done isn't it?)

Ben Cross
(Lomu's here for a while, Tilse is coming and Miller has stepped up)

Matthew Gafa
(Not enough form and too many better younger guys)

Michael Robertson
(Same as Gaffa)

Simon Woolford
(ESL will be calling for germ next time round you would have to believe)

bobbybrown

Juniors
Does anyone know which PL players have been resigned for next year? Just curious cause i was told than many of them are also coming off contract

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Hayabusa said:
Simon Woolford (ESL will be calling for germ next time round you would have to believe)

Unless there is something I am missing, I doubt he will head to the ESL. I think he will follow in the footsteps of Croker and be a one club man.

hotdogs

Juniors
bobbybrown said:
Does anyone know which PL players have been resigned for next year? Just curious cause i was told than many of them are also coming off contract
i know raston has signed till end of 2007, jermaine ale is negotiating in a coupleof weeks to stay till 07 aswell. though i don't think they'll be signing them or worrying about them till they have all FG is signed.

Edwahu

Bench
hotdogs said:
i know raston has signed till end of 2007, jermaine ale is negotiating in a coupleof weeks to stay till 07 aswell. though i don't think they'll be signing them or worrying about them till they have all FG is signed.

You heard anything more about PeeWee Moke or Galea?

thickos

First Grade
OK I've updated the list of players, including the addition of Thurling and Learoyd-Lahrs.

Once we here word on Adamson and Tired I'll remove the list for 2005 Off-contract players and re-name the thread.

If anyone has info on contract length of players at the club in PL, please post it up (with sources if available) and I'll update the list.

thickos

First Grade
Cool, cheers Stuart. I'm trying to make the list as comprehensive as possible.

Is Terry Martin still likely to leave the club?

Mulch

Juniors
Terry Martin is signed until 2006. But I thought I heard he was looking off shore.

spook

Juniors
Has T Smith confirmed his retirement as I heard a whisper that he was considering a contract offer from England?

thickos

First Grade
Thread updated to confirm Matt Adamson's retirement. Now all we're waiting on is news about Tyran and we'll close the book on 2005's off-contract players and 'look forward' to 2006! :?

jed

First Grade
Why "look forward", how about management start sorting these contracts out now. Some of the guys we need to put the effort into retaining, others I wouldn't be crying about letting go, and then there's the guys in the middle that we need to see how they perform over the next 10 months before we make a decision.

thickos

First Grade
Damn sarcasm not coming through on the internet - I'm not looking forward to 2006's retention and recruitment period at all. The Gold Coast coming in is just gonna make it tougher to keep who we want.

skeepe

Immortal
Have heard soft murmurings that negotiations may be under way now or soon for Miller and Chalk.

Latest posts