What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current state of NRL SA

Pneuma

First Grade

NRLWSA have already kicked off a three team comp this year (bit weird if you ask me)
NRLWSA will feature three grades (at this time)

under 13s, 17s and seniors. Three teams in each by the looks of it.

Men’s will be interesting given last years grand final debacle.

ATOWN2

Juniors

6 teams in the comp. It will be interesting to see if the teams can sustain themselves. Warriors and Roosters have both lacked numbers for the first two games. The Warriors played yesterday with 12 players. At half time they were down to 11 players and finished the game with 10 players due to two players sustaining injuries.

Pneuma

First Grade

6 teams in the comp. It will be interesting to see if the teams can sustain themselves. Warriors and Roosters have both lacked numbers for the first two games. The Warriors played yesterday with 12 players. At half time they were down to 11 players and finished the game with 10 players due to two players sustaining injuries.
Management of SA has been taken over by Brent Silva from NRL Vic who is now responsible for both States at least for now. Given what he has achieved in Victoria that can’t be a bad thing.

greenBV4

Bench
Management of SA has been taken over by Brent Silva from NRL Vic who is now responsible for both States at least for now. Given what he has achieved in Victoria that can’t be a bad thing.
Do you think Tasmania could be lumped in soon as well? Or is there literally nothing left to manage

Pneuma

First Grade
Do you think Tasmania could be lumped in soon as well? Or is there literally nothing left to manage
Well you could add Tassie to his portfolio and it wouldn’t add a minute to his work hours at all. But that’s not to say it won’t happen in time. I’d suggest we are on hold at the moment which, to be perfectly honest, makes sense to me given the progress being made in Victoria and this recent growth in sa. To be frank I don’t think Tasmania has anything to offer. We don’t have a rectangular stadium for trial matches or nrl matches. We have a small spread population and an inept government. Unless we had a genuine large influx of Pacifika through immigration we are a waste of time. Rugby here is shite and it wouldn’t take much to become the preferred rugby code but is it worth the effort?

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Tasmania is a waste of time for NRL. Focus on Perth. Adelaide if there is the potential but the lack of corporate sponsors there is a limiting factor.