What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current State of the NRL

Mr Red

First Grade
my understanding of the capacity of kogarah is that is was approx 22k BEFORE the upgrade to the northern stand (2011). This provided an additional capacity of approx 2000, taking the overall capacity to approx 24k. (just my sketchy memory - no actual data)

not sure if this figure is now artificially capped for safety reasons, but you would assume any upgrades that were undertaken would have to be passed from a security perspective and would be legitimate seating...

either way though, i would rather a smaller crowd packed into kogarah compared to a slightly larger crowd (but who knows) in an empty mega-stadium,.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
My point wasn't meant to be about the accuracy of the numbers or whether one reported figure is more accurate than the next. What I was saying is that I can see why the NRL want some of the bigger games or the more traditional games to be in larger stadiums. If certain games are traditionally packed, why not move them to a larger ground to create an opportunity for the game to grow?
Actually, you're just making up a new argument now. The point you were trying to make back there was that the NRL can't compete with the crowds in other football codes and you singled out Saints. You used a dodgy source with figures to underpin that argument.

Now you are trying to argue that crowds at suburban venues are getting too big, and this contradicts your earlier post.

The figures you posted were wrong. Are you able to acknowledge this?

Latest posts