What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curtis Scott

Special K

Coach
Curtis would have many people in his ear. He is what 17? Holmes and Bird were 19 at the start of this year and are major contributors to a team equal 4th. If Scott is good enough we will make room for him.

If he wants to go let him go but he has more chance of cracking NRL here than elsewhere. Our roster is built around the next 2-3 years which he can be apart of if he wants to be.

Card Shark

Immortal
If he's a fair dinkum junior, how about we do our best to keep him.

We need a couple in the team.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Losing Ferguson hurt because he is an elite talent.

Yes and No...

We all know what he said when he left the Sharks - "I want to play for a team that has a chance of winning the premiership..."

So, now he has made it to the Roosters who have a rep-quality team supposedly under the cap...

So, I don't miss him one bit.

bluey

Bench
Before a ball was kicked I would have said Keenan. Curtis really proved to be the better of the 2 throughout the year. Keenan still has a lot of growing to do and obviously we have not seen the best of him just yet. He is really a confidence player.

Now he has made the 20's he will come of age I think. To be honest I don't see him as a centre and I would love to see how he goes in the backrow. That's just my opinion I don't think it will happen any time soon

Interesting you say that Snoop, from a TV perspective Keenan looks the better built out of them.
Curtis done some good things yesterday.

sandshark

Bench
He is deadset 2-4 years before he gets a sniff of first grade. If he leaves so be it.
If he wants to play for Cronulla well then he needs to sit tight and bide his time.
Play well and get noticed.

One thing that peeves me off is juniors that think their clubs owe them and want money for their "supposed" potential. If he leaves well then we look at the next bloke in line or sign someone young and already established.

We need to poach juniors as well. Sick of being the community garden for other teams.

Ads

First Grade
He is deadset 2-4 years before he gets a sniff of first grade. If he leaves so be it.
If he wants to play for Cronulla well then he needs to sit tight and bide his time.
Play well and get noticed.

One thing that peeves me off is juniors that think their clubs owe them and want money for their "supposed" potential. If he leaves well then we look at the next bloke in line or sign someone young and already established.

We need to poach juniors as well. Sick of being the community garden for other teams.

Your last sentence contradicts the first. If you're serious about juniors you identify the ones who could play nrl and you make sure you do whatever you can to keep them. We should not be losing a player like Curtis if we are serious about juniors and especially local juniors. Hopefully the development income means we have more power in the future.

Can't blame the kid wanting best deal we all would do the same.

Next year is there a holden cup i was under belief this was looking at being removed, if that does happen players like Curtis Scott will need new avenue to NRL.

If the kid thinks he is good enough play him off bench couple of games for Jets remainder of season, that will allow him and club to see where he is at

shaggs

Coach
Apparently Curtis took a trip up to North Qld over the weekend.

Cows are confident.

Did he fly straight there from Auckland??

20s finished about 430 nz time. Warm down, all that stuff, lucky to leave the sheds by 530. Straight to the airport back to Sydney?? Onto a flight to Townsville??

Unlikely. The schedules to Townsville are shite at best let alone on a Saturday night or Sunday morning. The other issue would be that he probably had to be back on deck Monday morning for recovery session etc.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Did he fly straight there from Auckland??

20s finished about 430 nz time. Warm down, all that stuff, lucky to leave the sheds by 530. Straight to the airport back to Sydney?? Onto a flight to Townsville??

Unlikely. The schedules to Townsville are shite at best let alone on a Saturday night or Sunday morning. The other issue would be that he probably had to be back on deck Monday morning for recovery session etc.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-monday-scoops-53/

Apparently yesterday shaggs

webShark

The other issue would be that he probably had to be back on deck Monday morning for recovery session etc.

Recovery session 😀. Not hard to excuse yourself from that. A paddle in the sea and off for a fruit juice.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Makes sense that the Cowboys are interested. Remember Curtis handed it to Townsville Stingers in the final, so they saw his talent first-hand.

jc155776

Coach
No one has answered my last question in here.

Who was our last decent local junior?
Out of the doEn yearly blow up threads about one leaving when has one actually turned into a superstar? You pander to one the rest expect it. f**k them. Poach players ready to go in a year or so; not waste cap space and money on someone 2-4 years away because they 'might' crack first grade and be solid.

Ads

First Grade
Dont have to waste cap space on him. He wouldnt be in the nrl squad.

All our good juniors went to Endeavour Sports High and the StMerge merkin Jeff Hardy got in their ears and off they went to anywhere but Sharkies.

Latest posts