What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

Perth Red

Post Whore
Curtis doing what Curtis does
Former NRL player Curtis Scott has been fined, but spared time behind bars after twice assaulting his girlfriend and intimidating her with threats to kill.
The former Melbourne Storm and Canberra Raiders player was sentenced in Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court on Friday after being found guilty last month of offences against his former partner, long jumper Tay-Leiha Clark.

Curtis doing what Curtis does
Former NRL player Curtis Scott has been fined, but spared time behind bars after twice assaulting his girlfriend and intimidating her with threats to kill.
The former Melbourne Storm and Canberra Raiders player was sentenced in Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court on Friday after being found guilty last month of offences against his former partner, long jumper Tay-Leiha Clark.

The courts are way too lenient on this - threatening to kill someone is extremely serious and deserving of jail time on it's own - up to 10 years is the current prison term.

Plus two assaults and only gets a fine and good behaviour bond.

Should be permanently blacklisted by the NRL at least.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The courts are way too lenient on this - threatening to kill someone is extremely serious and deserving of jail time on it's own - up to 10 years is the current prison term.

Plus two assaults and only gets a fine and good behaviour bond.

Should be permanently blacklisted by the NRL at least.
Played the mental health card to good effect. Agree scum like him should be put away for that sht

T-Boon

Coach
If he has quit the booze he should be allowed back. He has done his time. We shouldn't be driving a person to despair.

Wizardman

First Grade
Personally, I don't have an issue with Curtis Scott getting another chance if an NRL club wants to employ him.
In saying that, the NRL have a right to protect their product and not let a player back in.

The days of the serial NRL bad boy players are fast drawing towards a close. If Todd Carney played right now and carried on with the same antics, his career would have ended a lot sooner than what it did. American sports these days are pretty tough with players that don't do the right thing.....tougher than they have ever been. Money and sponsorship is the big driver of this.

Back to the Curtis Scott thing, the man has a long record for officially and unofficially doing the wrong thing over a long period of time. This long record would no doubt have a part to play in his continued ban. While I would have no issue with him getting another go under strict conditions, I can understand the league trying to protect their product.

T-Boon

Coach
He's a domestic abuser who has shown no remorse. He can go get a real job.
That’s just jargon. What he was found guilty of was less serious than what Dylan brown did and he got like 6 weeks out of the game or whatever and that seems about right. The punishment of never being able to do your job again is too harsh here.

Chimp

Bench
The reality is, he is just not that good.

If he was better the Roosters or Broncos would have been able to wrangle a contract out of the NRL for him.
Exactly this - there’s blokes running around the NRL who’ve done worse - but the truth is, no club with any pulling power at the NRL want him, so he’ll stay sidelined.

I’m all for keeping him and his like out of the game, so no big deal.

The days of the serial NRL bad boy players are fast drawing towards a close. If Todd Carney played right now and carried on with the same antics, his career would have ended a lot sooner than what it did. American sports these days are pretty tough with players that don't do the right thing.....tougher than they have ever been. Money and sponsorship is the big driver of this.
Time may have weathered my memory, but did Carney ever do anything THAT wrong? I don’t recall him ever being convicted of a crime or even suspected of anything untoward with regards women. From what I recall, he was just a Jack the lad on the beer far too much, so not a great look, but there’s been plenty of NRL players with some serious allegations and criminal records. Same with Mitchell Pearce - they were just around at the wrong time, with the wrong administrators, and a blood thirsty media who had no regard for the impact they had on these young blokes lives. I think the media are a bit more understanding of potential mental health impacts now.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Exactly this - there’s blokes running around the NRL who’ve done worse - but the truth is, no club with any pulling power at the NRL want him, so he’ll stay sidelined.

I’m all for keeping him and his like out of the game, so no big deal.

Time may have weathered my memory, but did Carney ever do anything THAT wrong? I don’t recall him ever being convicted of a crime or even suspected of anything untoward with regards women. From what I recall, he was just a Jack the lad on the beer far too much, so not a great look, but there’s been plenty of NRL players with some serious allegations and criminal records. Same with Mitchell Pearce - they were just around at the wrong time, with the wrong administrators, and a blood thirsty media who had no regard for the impact they had on these young blokes lives. I think the media are a bit more understanding of potential mental health impacts now.
Have you listened to the James Graham Podcast where he interviewed Toddy?

Toddy was dudded. Big time, scapegoated.

Chimp

Bench
Have you listened to the James Graham Podcast where he interviewed Toddy?

Toddy was dudded. Big time, scapegoated.
Yeah I have heard it, and it reiterated my view - he was ‘acting up’ like young lads do, unfortunately at a time when there was a ridiculous approach to dealing with these young blokes.

I met Todd briefly during his time in England, seemed like a very grounded and normal fella - clearly enjoys a beer and is a bit of a lad, but that’s no crime.

nick87

Coach
Yeah agreed with the above, the main inhibiting factor for his return to the NRL is no one wants him enough to fight the NRL for reinstatement

His game tape at the Raiders had some solid moments where you thought he might deliver on his talent but for the most part he was very bad. If he played well, he'd be back in the league