What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curtis Sironen

Why does this lump get a saloon passage into first grade every week?
Not one part of his game is up to standard.
The big problem is he has 40 games under his belt and has not only not shown any improvement but is getting even worse. Slow, lazy and ineffectual deadwood.

Needs to play 13 in tight and attack a tired ruck on late tackles with size, power and footwork like a Taomalolo...isnt a wide running backrowers a...hole.

DanOz

Juniors
Robbie is killing us at the moment isn't he. Ordinary performances. He is getting to the end of his career but he isn't performing at all.

Wow. He is the NSW rake barring injury, and is playing injured for us even though the season is over. He needs surgery on his shoulder, plays needled. He shows more heart than a lot in my opinion.

What was alarming with the sharks game was that the WT showed absolutely no committment or desire from the openning whistle to compete against an opposition that had a short turn around from a Monday night game,disgraceful
effort imo.

DanOz

Juniors
What was alarming with the sharks game was that the WT showed absolutely no committment or desire from the openning whistle to compete against an opposition that had a short turn around from a Monday night game,disgraceful
effort imo.

Big statement, mostly crap imo. Tell me what more you expect from Teddy? Are you really saying that Brooks, Simona, Moses, Taupau etc etc didn't have a go? They may not have played their best game, but what a lot of crap to claim they had "absolutely no commitment or desire".

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't even blame Sironen to be honest.

Sheens and co let him play near his entire NYC career as a five-eighth and after 20 NRL games in the halves, he was switched to his eventual position of back row by Potter with no step in between.

Now we have a massive bloke with the brain of a five-eighth and the body of a back rower. It will never work.

Players like Wade Graham work at the switch because they are the other way around, a back rower in a five-eighth's body. Wade got bulked up and made the transition easily.

Going the other way is damned hard and the staff have f**ked up what could have been a great talent for us.

I'm not going to write him off yet because he can still grow into the role, especially if he gets a good off season under his belt, but he's now had 2 wasted seasons, and that will be hard to overcome.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
MU I suppose the question is- can he still do this at WT or does he need fresh fields where maybe the fans have less initial expectations? He has burnt up 2 x seasons already for minimal development over the raw product at the start of the 2014 season.

MU I suppose the question is- can he still do this at WT or does he need fresh fields where maybe the fans have less initial expectations?
I wonder if a 2 season stint in the UK would help him, something like how they released Fulton to the UK, with a contract on his return to the West Tigers with the hope that he does make the grade. Gee at the moment I'd be happy to see him go the same way as his old man, Hawaii would be a good base :roll:

Actually good management could have built a relationship with a SL club and used the UK as the stepping stone from the NYC rather than throw them into 1st grade and/or push someone older out of the NSW Cup teams, but I guess that would never have worked based on the first 3 words of the paragraph.

super_coach

First Grade
Siro has been a lot better since coming back from surgery, still a way off being a class NRL backrower, but is making steps in the right direction. 2016 is make or break year for him, he can afford to go backwards

Apparently out for 4 weeks but Farah back in round 4.

What is it with Sironen? Has the club rushed his development body build up wise ?

Tigerted

Juniors
We really need this under achiever to aim up & earn his keep this yr particularly as our forwards depth isn't real strong & hence mid season & on we may pay the usual price where we hover amongst the bottom 4 or 5 teams.Y the f**k did we release Taupau & sign a hooker who is still rehabilitating from a major injury !