What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuthbertson

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Could someone please tell me what the story is with him ....is he going, staying or undecided yet....sorry if I've missed any announcement to date

Bring back choc

Juniors
True... But coops has not put pen to paper either yet.
Cuthbo really should consider staying for his career. He is starting to hit form and look settled. Surely another move would not ideal for him. He needs to build on this year. I am sure we can offer him good money.

TheRev

First Grade
If it's taken this long then it more than likey means he is gone IMO.

^ Yeah basically.. With Bennett going, we have no more pulling power to retain players for less than they are worth (which is the secret to beating the cap & winning premierships).

We just have to hope that the team continues to fire under Price, and we can retain/gain more young talent.

Father Ted

First Grade
2 thoughts what happened to leaving the team intact ? And where is Newcastle on their salary cap as they seem to have bought a million bucks in talent already

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
True... But coops has not put pen to paper either yet.
Cuthbo really should consider staying for his career. He is starting to hit form and look settled. Surely another move would not ideal for him. He needs to build on this year. I am sure we can offer him good money.
Maybe with Gaz retiring its freed some money for players like Cuthbo

Tim Smith

Juniors
I was wondering about that statement of not hurting the team...I read with interest this morning that it was Bennett that rang Stone in Newcastle to say he wanted Naqaima there next year after the Dragons had sought him...a very unusual situation Bennett is in as he steers our course now and theirs for next year at the same time. Originally I was concerned we could be torn apart but as it stands now other than Boyd we are still in pretty good shape for 2012. Cuthbertson would be great to keep but I am confident if he goes we can replace him from within or pick up someone else and get the best out of them. I just wish he would get is sorted soon as we focus on the run home and back to back rather than contracts.

S.R.

Juniors
2 thoughts what happened to leaving the team intact ? And where is Newcastle on their salary cap as they seem to have bought a million bucks in talent already

They are now in a position to do what you guys have done for the last few years. "Buy" a team, and pay them "unders" so they can be coached by Creepy Wayne.

PLUS, the Knights have let DeGois and Tafua go, plus Patterson and Henry... Surely the equals out to Snowden, Boyd, Tahu...... ;-)

If Bennett want's Cuthbo, he'll get Cuthbo.

Father Ted

First Grade
They are now in a position to do what you guys have done for the last few years. "Buy" a team, and pay them "unders" so they can be coached by Creepy Wayne.

PLUS, the Knights have let DeGois and Tafua go, plus Patterson and Henry... Surely the equals out to Snowden, Boyd, Tahu...... ;-)

If Bennett want's Cuthbo, he'll get Cuthbo.

Snowden is 400,000 and Boyd would be what 350,000 hmmmmmmmmm and they talk about us .

S.R.

Juniors
Well Boyd, Cooper, Morris, Creach, Scott, Young, Soward, and Gasnier (if you paid him what his 'market value' is) wouldn't come cheap either... the talking is justified... but IF Creepy Wayne can get guys to play for bananas at Brisbane, then why couldn't he get Dragons to play for apples and Knights to play for lumps of coal?

cussy

Juniors
S.R your a dickhead...............cooper, morris, creagh, scott, gasnier and young are juniours that were developed. Soward was told to get on his bike and was developed into the player he is. Boyd was not wanted at the Broncs and I wouldn't have belived he would have developed from a winger into the player he is now. Thats the difference with Drags and the scum we can spot talent and develop you guys spot talent and destroy i.e. Cuthberson, Ferguson, Smith, Kimmorley the list goes on.

cussy

Juniors
Oh add Scott to the list as well you guys pinched him off us scum coaching staff didn't realize his potential and let him go look at him now SOO player!!!!!

Whats Doing

Bench
Knights have freed up a lot of money with Patterson $280k, DeGois $300k, Henry $220k, McDougall $150k, with Lulia, Tafua about $250k combined. There will be further shedding later on the year.

S.R.

Juniors
S.R your a dickhead...............cooper, morris, creagh, scott, gasnier and young are juniours that were developed. Soward was told to get on his bike and was developed into the player he is. Boyd was not wanted at the Broncs and I wouldn't have belived he would have developed from a winger into the player he is now. Thats the difference with Drags and the scum we can spot talent and develop you guys spot talent and destroy i.e. Cuthberson, Ferguson, Smith, Kimmorley the list goes on.

You don't get it do you?

I understand that most of them are "Dragons juniors". It doesn't matter that much where they come from, they still need to be paid don't they?

Good luck getting players to play for the same coin now that Creepy Wayne is gone. The Knights get that benefit now. Sure, you'll still have those guys, but when it's contract time, they'll want more dollars and someone (or more) will go. Do you seriously think that players will want to go to the Dragons to play under Steve Price, and come for less money than elsewhere?

It's sad but true. The Salary Cap bites hard.

As for poor development....

- Heard of Kade Snowden? He was shit when he came to us. Now he's an Australian rep.

- Luke Douglas? Came to Cronulla at 16. Piss poor development there hey?

- Gallen was unwanted by Parra. Too small apparently. He's done OK since being a Shark.

- Chad Townsend is one of the best young halves in the NRL.

- Sharks Under 20s (this year) are Top 4. Dragons are where?

- Blake Ferguson is no better at Canberra as he was with us. Big head, no brain.

- Cuthbertson turned up at Cronulla overweight, and did little to lose it. A fat slow ball playing backrower who didn't aim up. We kicked him out. Turned out to be the kick in the arse he needed, luckily for you guys.

- Kimmorley was shit when he came to Cronulla, he was lucky with the players he had with him at Melbourne, shit at Manly/Northern Eagle, shit at the Dogs.

- Jeremey Smith has played as many games for us in one year as he ever did with you guys! He's going OK. Hardly destroyed by coming to the Sharks.

... gees the Sharks coaching staff sure can "destroy" talent hey?!?

S.R.

Juniors
Knights have freed up a lot of money with Patterson $280k, DeGois $300k, Henry $220k, McDougall $150k, with Lulia, Tafua about $250k combined. There will be further shedding later on the year.

Henry $220k?!? In what world?!?

They'll need to shed more later on.

SEAT 1A

Bench

Whats Doing, bloody hell. That good money for them both. Tit's, you would hope paying Henry just below that. Don't know if DeGois would be able to sign with a club on that sort of money.

Latest posts