What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutters V's Wyong Roos

Phil9496

Juniors
Check out the match highlights at NSWRL.com.au VB NSW CUP RD 8 HIGHLIGHTS. Sorry I cant share the link but I havent had 20 posts yet. That young Shannon Crook carved up with a Man of the Match performance. The boys are starting to gel.

Last edited:

Phil9496

Juniors
Hutch played 20's and only in my opinion, didnt do a real lot to impress. But the Roosters were in great form on the day. Runciman is in fine form. From what my source at the game said he played well. Couldnt be there as I was at the main game.

BennyV

Referee
Crook certainly looks good in thise highlights - scored a try, and set up the rest (although didnt get credited for try assist for YKGs 2nd, he set it up with his step around the defender). On that, YGK is looking pretty solid too.

Hills Dragon

Juniors
I think Crook has to be the heir apparent to Benji. He has a good running game, passing game, and the strength to break tackles. Let's hope he keeps developing and doesn't get poached by the Sydney Rorters or the Canterbury-Bankstown Ballbags.

Phil9496

Juniors
Totally agree with you Hills Dragon. But it seems the powers that be have there sights stuck in the direction of Hutchison. I feel watching them both play Crook is a more non selfish player and doesnt mind the offload to set up a try for the TEAMS benefit. Hutchison still seems a little under pressure at times compared to Shannon Crook in a similar situation. I think in Cutters games they need to use Crooks long kicking game a little more to there advantage. But it is great to see the Cutters starting to gel once again.

TheRev

Coach
I think we will struggle to retain both hutch and Crook, but its frustrating because they complement each other and should both be in the cutters with Keating removed completely.

I think Hutchinson would step into 1st grade faster.. But crook the longterm champion if his body holds up.

What annoys me is that they don't release the game footage to the public, id love to be able to see more than just 1 in 6 or whatever it is that fox covers. Doesn't need commentary if they don't want to spend, bit I'm sure heaps of young wannabe commentators would do it for peanuts.

Phil9496

Juniors
Totally agree on the footage and having some up and comers doing some commentary. Sure they would do it just for the experience. And I have spoken with Shannon Crook about his knee reco and he reckons it feels stronger than ever, so there wont be any body issues with him. IMO he still handles the pressure of the bigger players a little better than Hutch, but he is a fine young player.