What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hot tip pou

BA finished in the negative with the F/A despite the 52% win rate.
We are specifically discussing the performance of our club relative to others, since 2019. The current mob don’t own results before they took over.
We are one of the best performing clubs in the NRL since 2018, so I think the club is definitely vindicated in keeping Brad Arthur as coach.

lucablight

First Grade
Not at all. Plenty of coaches might have made a grand final with that squad. But Brad Arthur actually did make it. With more luck we might’ve won one during that period, with or without Brad Arthur.
Well if you’re conceding that someone else could have done better with that squad then it doesn’t follow that sacking him at the time would have been the wrong decision. The 2020-2022 squads were pretty damn good and we got a couple of week 2 finals appearances and 1 grand final appearance where we were flogged. It’s pretty subjective as to whether that’s an A+ or a B+ report card for that period.

Without even filling out the button option of this meme, the message from the universe to @the phantom menace is; just f**king don’t push either button merkin. Walk away.

View attachment 94774
Yeah sure, but... if #Pou has (or is given) every right to pollute forums with his dogmatic posting / discussion (arguing/trolling) in every thread - why aren't we also celebrating other people's exactly same right to reply however they see fit, whenever #Pou puts his various views out for there for... whatever reason he does so?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well if you’re conceding that someone else could have done better with that squad then it doesn’t follow that sacking him at the time would have been the wrong decision. The 2020-2022 squads were pretty damn good and we got a couple of week 2 finals appearances and 1 grand final appearance where we were flogged. It’s pretty subjective as to whether that’s an A+ or a B+ report card for that period.
I think there's plenty of worse coaches than Brad Arthur so we were a chance of replacing him with one of those if we'd sacked him. Anyway as I said, we could've done better with the same coach and more luck. We could've done worse with a better coach and less luck. When you're talking about such a small sample as finals wins over a six year year period, luck is a huge factor. Ivan Cleary is illustrative of this point. If you break his career into six year blocks it shows significant variation:

Ivan Cleary yearsClub/sFinals wins
2006-2011Warriors4
2012-2017Panthers, Tigers1
2018-2023Tigers, Panthers11
2024 (1 year)Panthers2-3

Wayne Bennett is the most consistent winner over consecutive six year blocks, but there is still that early career spike when the Broncos were at their unstoppable peak as an organisation:

Wayne Bennett yearsClub/sFinals wins
1987-1992Raiders, Broncos5
1993-1998Broncos10
1999-2004Broncos5
2005-2010Broncos, Dragons7
2011-2016Dragons, Knights, Broncos5
2017-2022Broncos, Rabbitohs6
2023-2024 (2 years)Dolphins0

Ricky Stuart is also a great example of variability across his career, but with an early career spike:

Ricky Stuart yearsClub/sFinals wins
2002-2007Roosters, Sharks8
2008-2013Sharks, Eels1
2014-2019Raiders3
2020-2024 (5 years)Raiders3

The point is, how do we explain the extreme difference between levels of finals success throughout each of these men's careers? The only logical answer is that it's due to factors outside the coach's control. The quality of the roster, injuries/suspensions to key players, the quality of the opposition on the day, etc. These factors all account for the difference between Arthur's six year blocks:

Brad Arthur yearsClubFinals wins
2014-2019Eels1
2020-2024 (5 years)Eels3

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah sure, but... if #Pou has (or is given) every right to pollute forums with his dogmatic posting / discussion (arguing/trolling) in every thread - why aren't we also celebrating other people's exactly same right to reply however they see fit, whenever #Pou puts his various views out for there for... whatever reason he does so?
The difference is I don't play the man unless I'm attacked first. You f**king idiot.

Frustrated On The Internet GIF by Offline Granny!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol. From the one who always refers to all footy fans as dumb merkins, and says that you're here to "educate" the forum, etc etc ad nauseum for years.... Sure thing, mr forum nice guy!
Don't take it personally. I'm never referring to all footy fans. Each reader can decide for himself whether I'm talking about him or not.

Don't take it personally. I'm never referring to all footy fans. Each reader can decide for himself whether I'm talking about him or not.
Strange take on your own posting history.... Rest assured I've never been offended personally by any of it - just enjoy calling you out for your poorly expressed dogmatic trolling nonsense while watching Disney+ 😂

Well that's good. Must be some other reason you chase me around the forum like a jilted lover
Some people hunt dumb helpless animals for sport...

Sneaking Elmer Fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

So I guess it's an outlet, made all the more fun by how you attempt to present your opinion as fact, and attempt to present poor evidence as undisputable evidence your opinions matter more than an alternate position? But so long as you keep trolling every thread with tangential nonsense and self-aggrandising comment, I'll exercise my right to reply and call you out on it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Some people hunt dumb helpless animals for sport...

Sneaking Elmer Fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

So I guess it's an outlet, made all the more fun by how you attempt to present your opinion as fact, and attempt to present poor evidence as undisputable evidence your opinions matter more than an alternate position? But so long as you keep trolling every thread with tangential nonsense and self-aggrandising comment, I'll exercise my right to reply and call you out on it.
Sure keep talking about me all you want. Just don't f**king complain when iT's AlL aBoUt pOu!!!!

Latest posts