What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

El Diablo

Post Whore
I just don't think we should be spending the games money on big club audits. That money can be far better used elsewhere.
how do you even know it costs more?

it's NRL employees doing it and they don't earn by the hour. it just takes longer and is more thorough

if that is what it takes to catch cheats then it should be done

the NRL should also offer a $500,000 reward to anyone who tips them off to a rort which ends up turning out to be correct

the NRL can then fine the club $1 million and make a profit and put the money into junior development

Aus_Dog

Juniors
If it takes more time then it costs more as you need to labour to do it. That labour time could be better spent helping junior rugby league

I can agree with offering the reward for turning in cheats as this takes some of the time away from the NRL to have to apply to it

Aus_Dog

Juniors
If I am paid $500 a week to do something and it takes me 3 weeks compared to 1 week then it has cost more

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Not sure how you get that idea

I just think spending months going through a massive audit of all clubs is a waste of time, money and resources which could be better spent on other areas

Take it from someone who has seen forensic auditors go through their workplace... It costs a f**king bomb.

It's so expensive because your year end auditors are generally only looking at the last 12 months. Forensic auditors are checking and re-checking information over a period of years. Plus, when you have a year end audit, you usually only see the lead auditor for an hour or so on the first day, then they piss off and leave you with a bunch of kids who've only just finished Uni. These guys are charged out at a lower rate then the lead auditors. With a forensic audit you only get lead auditors and they charge at a higher rate.

From memory it was roughly two and a half to three times the cost of a regular year end audit. Not only that but it sucks up your companies resources like nothing else. First you have to spend weeks gathering all the information the auditors request and then you lose key individuals for hours, sometimes days at a time as they're locked in an office with the auditors answering questions and helping them to understand what they are looking at.

It's probably the worst experience you can go through in an office environment.

You honestly would not make someone go through one unless they absolutely have to.

If every team in the competition was made to go through one of these, I have no doubt the competition would grind to a halt.

Last edited:

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Take it from someone who has seen forensic auditors go through their workplace... It costs a f**king bomb.

It's so expensive because your year end auditors are generally only looking at the last 12 months. Forensic auditors are checking and re-checking information over a period of years. Plus, when you have a year end audit, you usually only see the lead auditor for an hour or so on the first day, then they piss off and leave you with a bunch of kids who've only just finished Uni. These guys are charged out at a lower rate then the lead auditors. With a forensic audit you only get lead auditors and they charge at a higher rate.

From memory it was roughly two and a half to three times the cost of a regular year end audit. Not only that but it sucks up your companies resources like nothing else. First you have to spend weeks gathering all the information the auditors request and then you lose key individuals for hours, sometimes days at a time as they're locked in an office with the auditors answering questions and helping them to understand what they are looking at.

It's probably the worst experience you can go through in an office environment.

You honestly would not make someone go through one unless they absolutely have to.

If every team in the competition was made to go through one of these, I have no doubt the competition would grind to a halt.

Careful, you'll be called anti forensic auditing soon

Funny how some Eels fans so deftly shift from denial to the defence that everyone else must also be doing it.

Which isn't really a defence at all.

T-Boon

Coach
Funny how some Eels fans so deftly shift from denial to the defence that everyone else must also be doing it.

Which isn't really a defence at all.

Nobody thinks everybody is doing it.
But everybody thinks the top clubs are doing it. I would say Parra hatched our plans sometime after Melbourne won in 2009 and then in 2012.