What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

POPEYE

Coach
So pathetic... Are you a Victorian or are you just one of those interstate weirdos who support the storm?
Fair go wanker, supporters can't all live within a taxi ride of their favourite Leagues' club, two of my daughters are NSW supporters living in Noosa . . . the petite little darlings who love their boxing would probably do you

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Is it the 'getting caught cheating 'part or 'cheating' part that should be condemned?

Get caught and pay the penalty, its got stuff all to do with how many others are doing it. Can I get off a speeding fine cause everyone does it?

Eels got caught and should not play finals

T-Boon

Coach
Its clear that Parra are going to be a force next season.
I have to say that whilst the board room stuff has been pretty ugly this season we have (finally) been terrific on the field. Most of the credit needs to go to Sharp as he was the guy who got Brad Arthur to the club and he was the guy who did what needed to be done to get good quality players to Parra.
If we make the top 4 next season it will reaffirm my view that cheating is the way to get ahead in terms of the salary cap. If you are a club like Newcastle or the GC you simply have to be looking to implement something like this.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Yeah mate you and all friends can stop shitting your selfs........

I would love it if all the best teams were there. Unfortunately one of those teams was caught cheating so should not be given an opportunity

If Eels are under the cap for all of next year and make the finals and won the comp then great. But this year they should not have been given the chance to make it

Sphagnum

Coach
Fair go wanker, supporters can't all live within a taxi ride of their favourite Leagues' club, two of my daughters are NSW supporters living in Noosa . . . the petite little darlings who love their boxing would probably do you

Nobody cares, mate

Snappy

Coach
Funny how pops always name drops Noosa like it's some kind of magical destination. Its just another coastal tourist town champ.

POPEYE

Coach
Funny how pops always name drops Noosa like it's some kind of magical destination. Its just another coastal tourist town champ.

Noosa itself is something to avoid ol' mate, I only use the name because the hinterland where I'm looking forward to going to again soon is Buddha's country . . . better than anything south of it

POPEYE

Coach
Noosa itself is something to avoid ol' mate, I only use the name because the hinterland where I'm looking forward to going to again soon is Buddha's country and not as well known . . . better than anything south of it

Double dose

Delboy

First Grade
Get caught and pay the penalty, its got stuff all to do with how many others are doing it. Can I get off a speeding fine cause everyone does it?

Eels got caught and should not play finals
Fair enough, so now we understand you agree all clubs cheat, just either do it better or don't have power hungry merkins or Greenberg favoured appointees who get sacked.

All we ask is that all clubs get forensically audited in a similar way to the Eels, managers and club officials have their emails etc fully disclosed

That won't happen as Greenberg would have to fear that the Dogs, Roosters or Broncos would get found out, and that doesn't suit his power base of supporters :)

Aus_Dog

Juniors
I don't want to see time and money wasted auditing all clubs when we can be using that to help junior rugby league.

If evidence comes out about other clubs that warrants investigation then fair enough, but wasting resources on a wild goose chase really isn't worth it just to appease some Eels fans

Delboy

First Grade
I don't want to see time and money wasted auditing all clubs when we can be using that to help junior rugby league.

If evidence comes out about other clubs that warrants investigation then fair enough, but wasting resources on a wild goose chase really isn't worth it just to appease some Eels fans

I am involved in junior league and would agree with that statement, but the way the media and even the NRL who have l leaked crap for the past month, have carried on, it's obvious that this has the hallmarks of an agenda.

I just believe that all clubs do what the a eels have been found out about, if the NRL under Toddy Boy want to go all sanctimonious about all other clubs are clean, then I have a bridge to sell him

Aus_Dog

Juniors
No competition in the world is completely clean. We can't be spending all our resources trying to make ours perfectly clean either or we won't have a competition.

Yes I think all clubs do it, but all those clubs are still taking the risk that they may be the next caught.

Don't waste money forever chasing it though, it isn't worth it

El Diablo

Post Whore
Don't waste money forever chasing it though, it isn't worth it
it clearly wouldn't be a waste of money as their normal methods aren't catching anyone

when they do catch someone by forensically auditing them they get $1 million back in fines so it's a money maker

Aus_Dog

Juniors
That's the point though. No matter how much they spend they cannot feasibly catch anyone unless there is a whistleblower. So spending money chasing it is not worth it

The club is still risking itself doing it as a whistleblower may still give them away

El Diablo

Post Whore
we don't know if that's true seeing they don't forensically audit unless there's a tip off

some clubs have self reported when they look at their own books seeing do it more thoroughly than what the NRL usually does

Aus_Dog

Juniors
I just don't think we should be spending the games money on big club audits. That money can be far better used elsewhere.

As I have said, clubs are still taking the risk when they cheat the cap, and if they get caught then deal with it then.

Going through every club and taking the time, money and resources to do it just isn't worth it when junior clubs (country rugby league as well) need looking after far more than a salary cap goose chase

Latest posts