What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Card Shark

Immortal
says the dope who follows drug cheats

We don't really know what went on but I'm not naive enough to think something wrong didn't occur.

However, it was an ad-hoc & careless attempt to improve players, instigated by a scamming ratbag brought into the club selling "legal" snake oils - we were dumb enough to fall for it. We paid the price of 2 years of hell...trust me, from a supporters perspective, it was hell.

Whereas the Eels, have deliberately cheated the salary cap for 5 of the last 6 years but are still in the race for the semis & may get Hayne back, after June 30 mind you.

It's an absolute farce & the sooner dickkheads like you & your board put you hand up, the better.

Eels supporters should be dancing in he streets that you can possibly still make the finals after all this!

thorson1987

Coach
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/d58085fe7872aca898cc2bbc60d576f4

Why Steve Sharp had to quit Parramatta Eels
d58085fe7872aca898cc2bbc60d576f4

DAVID RICCIO, The Daily Telegraph
July 16, 2016 10:34pm

d58085fe7872aca898cc2bbc60d576f4

THIS is the reason why desperate Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp has called on NSW deputy premier Troy Grant to take control of the embattled NRL club.

In a bombshell statement, Sharp pleaded with the government to put the club into administration then start fresh with a new board.

The development came as Steve Allen, one of Australia’s leading media analysts, responsible for orchestrating multimillion-dollar sponsorship deals, including aligning Kia Motors with the Australian Open Tennis tournament, has declared the Eels as “the most embarrassing club in Australian sport.”

“I can’t think of anyone who has imploded like this,’’ Allen said.

“At a moment in time, other teams have imploded, but never from the first kick of the season until now. Every week there’s a new revelation and none of it is good.

“There’s been nothing as sustained as this. Every week brings a new episode of a train wreck. The problem is, it’s rotten at both ends. We’ve never seen that before. You couldn’t get a worse report card for the board. And to follow that, now we’ve got nothing but trouble with all their stars.’’

In a major development to the Eels’ ever-evolving crisis, Grant told 2GB radio that he had the legislative powers to turf the entire Parramatta board.

“As the minister I don’t have any fear or favour in acting in the best interests of the Parramatta Leagues Club members and or ultimately the NRL footy club,’’ Grant said.

PARRA-LYSED BRAND
Allen, the chief executive of Fusion strategy and former managing director of Dentsu’s Australian media buying agency AIS Media, said his job as a strategist was to analyse the value of a client’s company or brand.

“The Parramatta Eels is easy, there’s no value,’’ Allen said.

“There is intrinsic value, but there is no value right now.

“The intrinsic value is gambling that it’s going to come good and the team is going to play well sometime in the future. That’s all that is left now, intrinsic value.’’

Asked why he believed major jersey sponsor Dyldam stuck with the Eels, Allen replied: “Well, a lot of people once they’ve made a decision never want to admit that you got it wrong.

“There’s a huge resistance to make the call, ‘we simply stuffed up — we got it wrong’.’’

EELS TARNISH ORIGIN
The day before State of Origin III last Wednesday, damaging headlines emerged that Eels star Corey Norman had sent a sexually explicit video to other NRL players which also included vision of an elderly man apparently snorting cocaine.

On game day, it was the lead news item on almost every major news bulletin, robbing the NRL of priceless positive PR ahead of the final Origin match of the series.

“Origin is the showpiece,’’ Allen said.

“It certainly tarnished the overall image of NRL, therefore whether its State of Origin or whether it's the code, it’s been tarnished.

“It therefore makes it more difficult for corporates to consider. It makes it more difficult for families to consider and therefore viewers.

“All these sports deals for television, whether its pay-TV or free-to-air, they’re all written on the back of audiences — that’s the currency.

“So if audiences drop because of all the turmoil of one team or a number of teams, bringing the overall code into ill-repute, then it will count somewhere in the future.’’

ADVICE FOR FREE

Asked what he would tell the Eels, should they approach him for advice, Allen said simply: The board has to change.

“They have to put in place a new clean board,’’ Allen said.

“Because I think some of what is now happening with the players stems from that.

“If the players know that there’s chaos in the boardroom and there’s all kinds of alleged deals going on, then why would they (players) be disciplined?

“Why wouldn’t they (players) say; ‘well, if the fat cats are doing things that aren’t quite proper, why the hell shouldn’t we?’

“So, if they came to me or an advertiser came to me, the very first thing I’d say is, until a clean sweep of the board occurs and they get a chief executive that’s cleaner than clean, the problem will not go away.’’

THE SHARKS MODEL

Allen pointed to the Cronulla Sharks’ rebuild following the 2014 ASADA scandal as the copybook version of how the Eels can save themselves.

The Sharks overhauled their dysfunctional board by replacing them with directors with minimal ties to the club or rugby league who also boast a portfolio of rich business acumen.

“Absolutely the Sharks have shown how it’s done, no question,’’ Allen said.

“But even with the Sharks, their board was nowhere near as tarnished as this board.

“They had some problems at board level, but this is just rotten at the top.

“Maybe there is an honest one (at the Eels), but you can’t see it. Standing on their digs is the craziest thing. They’re not analysing what’s in front of the club and they’re not doing the right thing for the club.’’

Bazal

Post Whore
The media really are milking every aspect of this aren't they? What a year....

Anyway, I wonder if the bloke who was asking me which Eels fans were off their tree has been reading the last few pages...? I deadset hate our fans sometimes.

some11

Referee
Anyway, I wonder if the bloke who was asking me which Eels fans were off their tree has been reading the last few pages...? I deadset hate our fans sometimes.
I would just like you to call them out on their shit.

They need to know their own supporters think they're a bunch of raving f**king lunatics.

Bazal

Post Whore
I would just like you to call them out on their shit.

They need to know their own supporters think they're a bunch of raving f**king lunatics.

Mate, trust me, it doesn't help. Guys like T-Boon and El Diablo and others are in their own worlds. It's even worse on the Eels forum, there are literally posters who say nothing to each other but #plumberrangers and #bringbackspags.

You want to know the main issue at Parra? It's that stark raving mental cases like that vote for the people who will run the club

thorson1987

Coach
Mate, trust me, it doesn't help. Guys like T-Boon and El Diablo and others are in their own worlds. It's even worse on the Eels forum, there are literally posters who say nothing to each other but #plumberrangers and #bringbackspags.

You want to know the main issue at Parra? It's that stark raving mental cases like that vote for the people who will run the club

The parra forum is always a good read.

Parra Pride

Referee
The parra forum is f**ked in the head. If it's not a couple of merkins on opposite sides arguing with each other over stupid board bullshit, it's one merkin arguing with everyone just because he gets off over arguing shit.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Time to seperate the running of the NRL club and leagues club for starters. They are different businesses and need different skills and attributes on each board, the idea that a State Govt is getting involved in running an NRL club!, I bet Dave Smith is pssing himself right about now! He tried to save the clubs from themselves and they hung him for it. He who laughs last and all that.

Last Week

Bench

Welcome to politics. Idiots are everywhere. If you can rally them behind you, you're guaranteed victory.

Sphagnum

Coach
Well, Youre obviously not a person of principle.

They should be disqualified from ANY finals chance (so even a miracle can't save them...like Leicester's win in the EPL)
If they make the finals with gutherson and Robson in the halves, it will be a miracle.

T-Boon

Coach
Parra looks great today. Gutherson is a real prospect, but it is Jennings, Scott and Gordon that are getting it done.
This is our best season in years. I guess a fair amount of credit needs to go to the gang of five. They have delivered a strong club on the field and in a twisted way (via administration) solved the craziness at board level. Tick, tick. Laughing.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Hopefully the Eels are now finally assured of not making semis. Get caught cheating and you should never be playing finals that year