What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telegarph - The punchbowl form guide

_goParra

Juniors
Vince Sorrenti's expert eye.
Some funny bits I noticed.

Knights - Once day there will be life without Andrew Johns. Perhaps an inflatable replica of Johns could stand on the wing? Think of it as training wheels.

Manly - If you think Ricky Stuart takes it badly (losing games), check out the manly coach's head at a losing press conference. Des makes the statues of Easter Island look like luna park.

Bulldogs - Lets hope SBW stays on the field, he's clearly running out of skin to tattoo in his spare time.

Raiders - You live in the roundabout capital of the world. It's sometimes cold enough to hang meat on game day. Your coach has announced he's moving to penrith in 2007. You are pinning your hopes on a 34 year old guy who sound like he's been gargling grave. you must be a canberra supporter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Awww, Canberra.

Makes you almost feel sorry for them.

Wonder how much Manly will wallop them by...

Raider Azz

Bench
dodge said:
Awww, Canberra.

Makes you almost feel sorry for them.

Wonder how much Manly will wallop them by...
not alot, it will be close.

and we don't need your sympathy, we'll just concentrate on proving you all wrong. thanks :)

Danish

Referee
The raiders rarely get walloped.

they continually lose by close margins......... but they still lose.

RainMan

Juniors
Wonder if Beaver Menzies will be lining Smith up for any special attention again this time...

dubby

Bench
dodge said:
There's that word: lose ;-)

Unlike the words associated with your club; cheats, sex scandal, crowd problems...

ANd you still missed the 8 last year.

*edit - slander*

Mr Saab

Referee
nqboy said:
Beaver couldn't bruise a grape.

shows what you know.
Menzies hammered smith in their clash at brookvale very early on in 2005.
Smith has no room to move and Beaver marked him very closely

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
dubby said:
Unlike the words associated with your club; cheats, sex scandal, crowd problems...

ANd you still missed the 8 last year.

*edit - slander*

If you head on over to the Bulldogs' website, have a squiz at the history section for me. Take particular note of the season 2004.

;-) Enjoy cellar dwelling.

nqboy

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
shows what you know.
Menzies hammered smith in their clash at brookvale very early on in 2005.
Smith has no room to move and Beaver marked him very closely
I'll take that under advisement, he's finally learnt to tackle, huh?

Mr Saab

Referee
beaver has always been a great tackler. I dont know what games you watch...perhaps it is re runs of the cowboys games of 1996 with shane howarth and ray mercy.

nqboy

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
beaver has always been a great tackler.
BS. He may have learnt to hit in recent years (I don't watch him as closely as I used to) but he was just a gap runner when he started. He'd never hurt anyone iwht his tackling.

Mr Saab

Referee
you dont watch league closely enough.
If you want shoulder charge heros that are mosly hit and misses then go for it...if you want a player than can tackle...then beaver is your man

Whoosh

Juniors
I'm neither a Manly or Steve Menzies fan in particular, but I have to say that he is and has been for a long time, a very good tackler.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
nqboy said:
BS. He may have learnt to hit in recent years (I don't watch him as closely as I used to) but he was just a gap runner when he started. He'd never hurt anyone iwht his tackling.
Put the crackpipe down and walk away...
Menzies was always an awesome defender, and i would go as far as to say he is the best defensive backrower in the game..

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I shudder to think what some of those horrible scorelines back in the aftermath of the NE days would have turned out to be without Beaver to defend. There were some absolutely horrible scorelines that could have been far, far worse without him.

Those 2 hits on Smith last season were the start of the end for the Raiders. Smith was out with a rib injury as beaver literally sliced the poor bastard in half. If you ever want a coaching manual on tackling, pull out a 3 hour movies of Menzies at work. It's a real shame some of his team mates have never actually managed to gain something from him.

I don't know what games you watch nqboy but any cred you had just flew right out the window.

_Johnsy

Referee
Raider azza

I am all for supporters staying faithful, but really. if you seriously think you are any chance of making the 8, you need help. No really, Best of luck with that.

_Johnsy

Referee
My wife is a died in the wool raiders supporter, at least she is realistic. if they avoid the spoon, she thinks it will have been a good year