What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telegarph - The punchbowl form guide

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider_Azz said:
not alot, it will be close.

and we don't need your sympathy, we'll just concentrate on proving you all wrong. thanks :)

amen, my sympathy would go out to those dogs fans with some morality, sadly they are a dying breed, as it is with their "family club" players

enjoy the headlines dodge, we'll enjoy proving the doubters wrong :)

Raider_69

Post Whore
_Johnsy said:
My wife is a died in the wool raiders supporter, at least she is realistic. if they avoid the spoon, she thinks it will have been a good year

put bluntly, your wifes a moron :)

RainMan

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Those 2 hits on Smith last season were the start of the end for the Raiders. Smith was out with a rib injury as beaver literally sliced the poor bastard in half. If you ever want a coaching manual on tackling, pull out a 3 hour movies of Menzies at work. It's a real shame some of his team mates have never actually managed to gain something from him.

I don't know what games you watch nqboy but any cred you had just flew right out the window.

:clap:

_Johnsy

Referee
mate

i'd put both my testicles on a bet she has more intelligence than you have had hot dinners. Look at your squad, no strengths, mediocre at best. Enjoy 06. Even your coach wants out. Could canberra attract any ballboys or hot dog vendors for 06, nope. You will be a lauging stock by round 16.

_Johnsy

Referee
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I agree. If she wasn't she would dumped supporting them long ago.

So if your side has a rough trot you drop them for a more successful side? WTF ?? ,While I give azza credit for staying with his side, i have doubts over the raiders ability to achieve in 06.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
So if your side has a rough trot you drop them for a more successful side? WTF ?? ,While I give azza credit for staying with his side, i have doubts over the raiders ability to achieve in 06.

:lol: baited the wrong hook obviously. I was after r69.

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
shows what you know.
Menzies hammered smith in their clash at brookvale very early on in 2005.
Smith has no room to move and Beaver marked him very closely

NQboy has no idea......it was like Smiths strernum had a target on it....not in the spirit of the game as such but it worked a treat, they rubbed smith out, didnt win em the game though.

Mr Saab

Referee
spirit of the game? mmm in the true true sense, maybe not...but league is a physical contest (stating the obvious i know) and beaver had a job to do and he did it.

and the eagles did win that game Ink...36-14 or something like that.

Cletus

First Grade
Beaver did go to the Canberra rooms after the game to see how Snith was. Not well apparently, but it was a legitimite hit. Beaver has to have one of the best tackling techniques in the game but it wasn't a tackle on Smith.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
:lol: baited the wrong hook obviously. I was after r69.

an empty hook will catch idiots
such as johnsy and his misinfored wife

ink is right, in a way it was not in the spirit of the game as Menzies's hits were boarderline illegal, to his credit he timed it well, just in long enough for smith to relax but not long enough to be considered a late hit, i thought it was a cheap dodgey tactic but hey it worked so full credit to them.

Smith is a smart player, he'll have his eyes on beaver this game, i doubt we'll see a repeat :)

Mr Saab

Referee
spirit of the game? was it in the spirit of the game for Licoln withers to "dive" when playing the sharks in 2005 (danny nutley)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
spirit of the game? was it in the spirit of the game for Licoln withers to "dive" when playing the sharks in 2005 (danny nutley)
pending your veiw on the incident. No. Diving is not in the spirit of the game. Linc copped a high shot and took some extra time on the ground to clear the cob webs, he then got up and played the ball... I personally fail to see where the dive was?

innsaneink

Referee
LOL...that was on TFS last nite....Linc was OWNED big time there... like a kid caught with his hand in the bikky jar :lol::lol: hilarious.

Mr Saab

Referee
hahah way to go R69...are you Lionel Hutz?
Lincoln copped nothing. He was perfectly fine but because he "felt" a tackle to the upper part of his body he thought he would milk it...but when Nutley gave him a spray he miracously woke up....beats the magic sponge i guess.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
hahah way to go R69...are you Lionel Hutz?
Lincoln copped nothing. He was perfectly fine but because he "felt" a tackle to the upper part of his body he thought he would milk it...but when Nutley gave him a spray he miracously woke up....beats the magic sponge i guess.

watch the reply of the shot he got caught around the head, Linc said he was taking time to gather himself before getting on with things, i have no reason to not believe that, especially given the type of player Linc is. It looked dodgey and i can understand why a concludsion has been jumped to but personally i have no reason to dismiss Linc's version of events.

Mr Saab

Referee
whatever R69.
Everyone saw what went down that sunday afternoon.
He is just another of the players who has been tagged a "diver"...and not a jacque cousteau diver either.

Raider_69

Post Whore
good, hopefully it means no one else wants him, that way we'll keep linc at the club for the rest of his career :)

anyways back on the topic, vince soretti isnt funny, he is mediocre comedian and those little rants are proof of such.

Mr Saab

Referee
vince is boring. Almost as bad as that mick meridth guy (guitar playing clown on Footy show last yr).

Latest posts