What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telegarph - The punchbowl form guide

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
vince is boring. Almost as bad as that mick meridth guy (guitar playing clown on Footy show last yr).

Well what with the footy show (music n all) last nite, and todays paper....everything seems to suck to you dont it chuck....guess youre lucky you have us eh?

Garts

Bench
nqboy said:
I'll take that under advisement, he's finally learnt to tackle, huh?

everyone with a brain and a little bit of league knowledge knows beaver is a great defender. hopefully you can improve your knowledge on league, however the other thing you are lacking may be a problem.

Danish

Referee
Mr Saab said:
whatever R69.
Everyone saw what went down that sunday afternoon.
He is just another of the players who has been tagged a "diver"...and not a jacque cousteau diver either.

Right up there with BK and Utai for dives of the year.

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Well what with the footy show (music n all) last nite, and todays paper....everything seems to suck to you dont it chuck....guess youre lucky you have us eh?

as i said to you the other day...i like to be narky.
Vince is stale....you like him? i dont.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Danish said:
Right up there with BK and Utai for dives of the year.

BK's dive was deadset shameful, at least 100x worse then Withers.
He got slapped around the neck and hit the deck like a slumbering heavy weight, at least if linc was diving once he got caught out and stuck into he got up, BK had half the QLD pack yelling at him and the dirty bastard still layed face down in the ground... he could get a gig on Home and Away with those acting abilities

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
as i said to you the other day...i like to be narky.
Vince is stale....you like him? i dont.

I dont particularly like him , he WAS better years back, one out of the four five above aint bad

drake

First Grade
I loved the look on Nutley's face as he said "Get up you dog".

Full of contempt.

dubby

Bench
_Johnsy said:
mate

i'd put both my testicles on a bet she has more intelligence than you have had hot dinners. Look at your squad, no strengths, mediocre at best. Enjoy 06. Even your coach wants out. Could canberra attract any ballboys or hot dog vendors for 06, nope. You will be a lauging stock by round 16.[/quote]

What-ever. You have just proved your own ignorance, and exposed your lack intelligence. Have a nice life.

You are a permanant laughing stock. What club do you support Johnsy?

Johns Magic

Referee
dubby said:
_Johnsy said:
mate

i'd put both my testicles on a bet she has more intelligence than you have had hot dinners. Look at your squad, no strengths, mediocre at best. Enjoy 06. Even your coach wants out. Could canberra attract any ballboys or hot dog vendors for 06, nope. You will be a lauging stock by round 16.[/quote]

What-ever. You have just proved your own ignorance, and exposed your lack intelligence. Have a nice life.

You are a permanant laughing stock.

How so? I think he's pretty spot on.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Don't bother, 69. You'll never win one of these arguments. If we win on saturday, all these blokes will be eating humble pie, if not... Oh well. If we lose, it won't be by much.

It's easy for people to lay crap on our team, especially those who don't know anything about them, such as everyone in Sydney, but to anyone who has seen teh current team play, it will bea much better match than people think. The raiders are at $3.75, I'll throw a lazy 20 on that.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Johns Magic:

You mate, your club will have nothing once Joey retires. The entire history of the club is built around that one man who may not even be able to see his contract out. Lucky you've got Brian Smith as coach from next year.

I don't pretend to think for a minute that our side is a cert for the title, but i think we'll finish a good distance from last this season. What I do know is that our club WILL be a powerhouse in 3-4 years time, assuming we can keep the junior base that Elliott has created.

Mr Saab

Referee
Boing Boing said:
The raiders are at $3.75, I'll throw a lazy 20 on that.

I think it would be a much better investment if you were to sponsor a 3rd world child in somalia or ethiopia. The TAB dont need your money

Boing Boing

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
I think it would be a much better investment if you were to sponsor a 3rd world child in somalia or ethiopia. The TAB dont need your money

You're entitled to your own opinion mate, but I think we'll make a game of it, I don't care how many people disagree with me. I'll be on the hill cheering on my team win or lose.

dubby

Bench
Johns Magic said:
dubby said:

Do you? Then thats your opinion. I'm telling you here and now, the Raiders will not finish last this year. Those tipping them to come last just don;t know how much potential this team has.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:

He mentioned No strengths, which is utter bollocks, schifcofske is one of the top 3 all round fullbacks in the comp, behind hodgo and minichello

Jason Smith is one of the best players in the entire league world right now, irrespective of his age. Phil Graham has a strike rate that would rival just about everyone in the competition. Miller, Weyman, Learoyd-Lahrs and Tilse are all sublime forward prospects... we still have one of the most impossing home records in the comp

id say he have a few strenghts to draw apon

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
He mentioned No strengths, which is utter bollocks, schifcofske is one of the top 3 all round fullbacks in the comp, behind hodgo and minichello

Jason Smith is one of the best players in the entire league world right now, irrespective of his age. Phil Graham has a strike rate that would rival just about everyone in the competition. Miller, Weyman, Learoyd-Lahrs and Tilse are all sublime forward prospects... we still have one of the most impossing home records in the comp

id say he have a few strenghts to draw apon

Yeah that's absolutely true.

Shifcofske's one of the top 5 fullbacks in the competition whilst I'd rate Smith in the top 3 or 4 playmakers..

Those 4 young forwards you name all have sh*tloads of potential, but I doubt they'll all reach it this year.

I personally don't rate Phil Graham. If he's your best centre/winger going then you'll struggle big time in that department.

I'm not saying you can't do well. Potentially you could even make the semi-final this year if you had your best team on the park. But I just think the other teams are a bit better at this stage.

You're relying heavily on youth. I don't think they're quite there yet.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
every year we are seen as spooners or close to it..even though last year we almost 'won' the spoon we also had a decent shot at making the 8.

a team full of stars doesnt always guarente victory, if the raiders play well togther then anything is possible, we will find out tomorrow night.

Johns Magic

Referee
Boing Boing said:
Johns Magic:

You mate, your club will have nothing once Joey retires. The entire history of the club is built around that one man who may not even be able to see his contract out. Lucky you've got Brian Smith as coach from next year.

I don't pretend to think for a minute that our side is a cert for the title, but i think we'll finish a good distance from last this season. What I do know is that our club WILL be a powerhouse in 3-4 years time, assuming we can keep the junior base that Elliott has created.

Hold on mate, I didn't mean it to be taken personally.

Yes Joey is vital to our success, but the fact is he'll be there this year.

I agree that you'll be a force in a few years, I wrote massive post on it about a week ago. I just don't think you'll be able to achieve that success this year .

Boing Boing

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Hold on mate, I didn't mean it to be taken personally.

Yes Joey is vital to our success, but the fact is he'll be there this year.

I agree that you'll be a force in a few years, I wrote massive post on it about a week ago. I just don't think you'll be able to achieve that success this year .

Fair call mate, no personal shot intended, but the rest of it i meant!! ;)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
Yeah that's absolutely true.

Shifcofske's one of the top 5 fullbacks in the competition whilst I'd rate Smith in the top 3 or 4 playmakers..

Those 4 young forwards you name all have sh*tloads of potential, but I doubt they'll all reach it this year.

I personally don't rate Phil Graham. If he's your best centre/winger going then you'll struggle big time in that department.

I'm not saying you can't do well. Potentially you could even make the semi-final this year if you had your best team on the park. But I just think the other teams are a bit better at this stage.

You're relying heavily on youth. I don't think they're quite there yet.

i cant fathom how you dont rate phil graham, not that it has much to do with it, but he'd walk into the knights 3/4 line, as i said his strike rate of tries per game is pretty awesome, there would be few who have played as many games as him who could boast a similar record. All that in a team that has struggled in attack since his debut, put him in a team like the chooks, parra or who ever and he'd be in rep contention.

I too doubt those potentials will come on this year but its not beyond the relms of possibility and if it does occur, we could do some real serious damage.

Latest posts