What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telegraph - 3 Days, 3 Todd Carney articles

Tiger_Gold

Juniors
The only way the sharks will ever get a trophy is if they buy a replica.

But they probably can't afford one.

jbl31649

Juniors
The only way the sharks will ever get a trophy is if they buy a replica.

But they probably can't afford one.

If they play NRL Dreamteam and get the best score for one of the weeks, they could win a replica Trophy, 2 tickets to the Grandfinal and $500, to go towards Carneys daily beer tab.

If they win it 9 times, there'll be enough tickets for the whole team to get a seat at the 2012 GF.

Ausguy

Coach
Champagne.

Gee carch we are out of our league with these guys.

These merged team fans are way too witty and original for us.

Tiger_Gold

Juniors
Id rather have 2 great clubs that have combined to make 1 even greater club than have 1 shit club that always has been and always will be a shit club.

Ausguy

Coach
Id rather have 2 great clubs that have combined to make 1 even greater club than have 1 shit club that always has been and always will be a shit club.

Bullshit.

If you were a Balmain or wests fan before the merger. You are full of shit.

I get a feeling though you weren't old enough to remember them as stand alone clubs. Thats ok if you have only known them as wests tigers but I guarantee there are magpies fans and tigers fans who would go back to the old days in a second. Especially the magpies fans.

Tigers have definitely had the wood on us, thats for sure.
I usually like Tiges supporters, the Leichardt crowd are quick witted, like to have a bit of a laugh and know their League.
Are you from a Tigers supporting area Tiger_Gold?

carcharias

Immortal
Didn't old mate Nichols Cark it before he had to sit thru one merged game?

He was a true tigers man .
Death before whore out.

Tiger_Gold

Juniors
Bullshit.

If you were a Balmain or wests fan before the merger. You are full of shit.

I get a feeling though you weren't old enough to remember them as stand alone clubs. Thats ok if you have only known them as wests tigers but I guarantee there are magpies fans and tigers fans who would go back to the old days in a second. Especially the magpies fans.

I was born in 1993, So I turned 7 in Wests Tigers first year. And I went to plenty of Balmain games before the merge. Yeah i've known them as Wests Tigers for most my life but definitely like being how we are now.

Are you from a Tigers supporting area Tiger_Gold?

I live in Drummoyne, less than a 10 minute drive from Balmain

Quigs

Immortal
Great old bloke was Laurie "Tigers, Tigers" Nichols. My mate who is a mad Tiges supporter and worked in a local engineering works acquired for me a customed built plate to repair my swimming pool gate (right price wink wink). he gave it to me the day Laurie passed away. I painted it gold with a black v and inscribed it as the Laurie Nichols memorial gate plate. My mate was absolutely touched by the gesture.

I wouldn't even consider doing something like that for the modern day league fraternity. Todays game has lost its soul.

Just finished reading Big Arties auto.... he too reckoned that the merger killed Laurie.
Although as Artie wrote, Laurie never would admit it, he couldn't say a bad word about 'his' Tiges.