What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daine Laurie stood down

N.C.

Juniors
Let the games begin...

STATEMENT REGARDING DAINE LAURIE

Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Wests Tigers today stood down Daine Laurie from all club activities pending a police investigation.
This decision has been made by the club’s board after Daine Laurie was charged with common assault by NSW Police over a domestic incident that occurred late on the evening of 15th September 2009.
“The board has made the decision to stand Daine Laurie down for an indefinite period,” said Wests Tigers CEO, Stephen Humphreys.
“There is a need to allow the proper legal processes to run their course but we also believe standing Daine down is the appropriate course of action considering the best interest of all parties concerned.
“The club is working with authorities on the matter and is committed to providing support and counselling to all parties.
“The club enforces a strict code of conduct for all of its employees and is totally opposed to any action that places the health, safety and wellbeing of any individual in jeopardy.”
The club will not be making any further comment at this time.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=20283

N.C.

Juniors
Interesting that the club broke this news before the media got hold of it...

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Sad. I hope he can get his head right. No doubt all this uncertainty over his future (be it at WT or elsewhere) is playing with his mind.

RoMo

Juniors
Dare say he is a fair chunk of form as well

And i don't mean form on the field ....

AussieSmithy

Juniors
Sad. I hope he can get his head right. No doubt all this uncertainty over his future (be it at WT or elsewhere) is playing with his mind.

You're kidding! Having an uncertain employment future isn't an excuse/reason/justification/contributing factor to a domestic assault.

I'm all for re-signing Daine (and also giving him a good hard kick in the a*se at the same time) but he's had a history of issues with the law.

He's innocent until proven guilty so let's not make excuses yet.

ucantseeme

Juniors
If he is found guilty you'd think he would be cut loose. Although with serial offender Arana Taumata being recruited(?), maybe the club has a softer stance on violent indiscretions now.

I would still like to see him play next year. I reckon a full pre-season of training would make him a whole new player. Better with us than against us.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gee I reckon he'd flourish under Folkes too.

I'd keep him just for one more year, and give him a real red hot go in first grade.

If this season fails to see any dramatic improvement, then cut him loose.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
Gee I reckon he'd flourish under Folkes too.

I'd keep him just for one more year, and give him a real red hot go in first grade.

If this season fails to see any dramatic improvement, then cut him loose.

You hate Sheens, you want Folkes and u see a future for Laurie at the Tigers ? Could u share the rest of your unusual insights with us ?

DanOz

Juniors
Don't know what to say - I don't want anyone that has hit their Mrs playing for the Tigers, no matter who they are. The charge of Common Assault means that whatever happened, there was not a mark on her, or else the charge would have been Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm, so I'd like to know more about what he did before I make my mind up. Common Assault can mean he clenched his fists and she thought he was going to hit her, or he pushed her away etc. I am not in any way excusing ANY domestic violence, don't get me wrong, I'd just like to know more before I judge.

And those that say he has a criminal history already - what is it? What were the charges, what was the result at court? Like any internet forum, I suspect we have the usual suspects here who like to make out they know things when the reality is they don't know sh*te from clay.

AussieSmithy

Juniors
And those that say he has a criminal history already - what is it? What were the charges, what was the result at court?

There was an article (I think when he got a Main Game spread) that talked about him "having trouble with the law". I vaguely remember it saying he may have served time (juvenile or briefly as an adult) but it may have just been lock-ups for minor, stupid stuff. Anyway, the crux of the article was that he was trying to "turn his life around".

Maybe someone still has or can find the article.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You hate Sheens,
Given what he has done for the club since our premiership, You'd be hard pressed to find many fans of his at the Tigers who actually know something about the game.
you want Folkes
His record with less talented players speaks volumes. Sheens' record is only good when he has a great team.
and u see a future for Laurie at the Tigers ?
Given some direct and proper coaching by someone who was actually a quality forward as opposed to a hack forward in a sh*t side whose theories on defence have more holes in them then Roycie's brain, yes, I think Folkes is a good appointment.
Could u share the rest of your unusual insights with us ?
Hows about you provide a decent argument instead of sprouting sarcasm from a distance you muppet.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And guys, can we keep the dickheaded remarks about wife beating and the like, out of this thread completely.

DanOz

Juniors
There was an article (I think when he got a Main Game spread) that talked about him "having trouble with the law". I vaguely remember it saying he may have served time (juvenile or briefly as an adult) but it may have just been lock-ups for minor, stupid stuff. Anyway, the crux of the article was that he was trying to "turn his life around".

Maybe someone still has or can find the article.

Thanks - I'd love to know the details.

DanOz

Juniors
And guys, can we keep the dickheaded remarks about wife beating and the like, out of this thread completely.

If it is the truth, then nothing wrong with telling it how it is imo, but at this time, no one knows what has even been alleged, let alone what happened.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it is the truth, then nothing wrong with telling it how it is imo, but at this time, no one knows what has even been alleged, let alone what happened.
Even if it is true, it still doesn't justify making jokes about such a serious incident.

Thus, I stand by my comment. Surely you're all mature enough to know better.

Latest posts