What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dale Finucane Signs for 4

Bob Scott

Juniors
DF has been in 6 finals with Canterbury and the Storm , hopefully he can do a Lazerus and do it with a 3rd club , get it done .

Ozzi_78

First Grade
4 years is more about the club granting Dale’s wish to secure the deal. He is 30 next month and will be 34 at the end. I do not see the big deal.

What he has done is remove the need for another deal in 2 years. If he gets to yr 4 may be his call.

I don’t see any problem here whatsoever. Mooney and Fitz are killing it.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
K I reckon there is a chance Dale pulls it after 3 but wanted the guarantee of an option. It’s great work.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I'm liking the figures.
Finucane current SOO rep @ $625 (averaged over 4 years)
Hynes $600
McInnes &550

See the common denominator, no overs whatsoever.
Building a club to be at, not a club to cash grab.
Very positive stuff.
Once you get this in place the next “gun” or potential “gun” looks at the roster and says… shit I can’t go there and demand 900 (cough SJ) if those guys are sharing the load. I will go for 500k too and be a top 4 side for fun.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Here's what our incoming Director thinks .... :)😆

Coach Craig Bellamy likened the prospect of Finucane's departure on Thursday to that of Cooper Cronk and Greg Inglis, such is the esteem he is held in at the premiership heavyweights.

"I don’t think we’ve lost too many bigger besides Greg Inglis and Cooper Cronk - I can’t think of too many other players that we’ve wanted to keep more than Dale if he does leave," Bellamy admitted.

"So I put him up there in that sort of category. I don’t know how you measure losing him, but it’ll be a great loss, both on and off the field."