What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dallas Johnson - How many weeks?

Iafeta

Referee
kia ora storm said:
BS..Johnson did not even use the shoulder and there was not intent...there was no intent in his actions.

Bending the truth there a bit?

He didn't just accidentally run into him, he pushed through with the shoulder in a short arm jab motion.

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
He was charged for a dangerous throw a while back, wasn't he?

Either way, I'd hate to see him miss an origin match over an incident that was clearly absent of any malice.
Yep. he'd have some priors.

Gene Krupa

Referee
kia ora storm said:
The intent cannot be proven...yes he got him in the face but it was not an intentional action.

Who cares? Intent can't be proven in any number of dangerous throw charges but it doesn't matter. Do the crime, serve the time!

lockyno1

Post Whore
IMO what QLD should have done was name Thaiday and bring Johnson in after the weekend's games!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No - that loophole is called CHEATING. F**king pathetic and I'm glad NSW didn't use it with Lyon.

philstorm

Juniors
Couldn't we do what Manly are doing and name Johnson in the team for this weekend so he could play Origin?

Timmah

Staff member
Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Shane Neumann, Nick Bradley-Qualilawa, Chris Hicks, Travis Burns, Matt Orford ©, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, Mark Bryant, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Luke Williamson
Interchange: Matt Ballin, Glenn Hall, George Rose, Adam Cuthbertson

Spot Lyon for me.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dodger said:
No - that loophole is called CHEATING. F**king pathetic and I'm glad NSW didn't use it with Lyon.

No it is not..it is called smart! Shame we didn't use it.

Timmah

Staff member
No, it's cheating.

Over an Origin weekend a player is only eligible to play ONE game. Serving a suspension for one game and being able to play Origin is a no-no.

Timmah

Staff member
philstorm said:
My mistake, read it in the paper and thought they were doing it.
Easy mistake to make... News Limited made it out to be something it wasn't :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
kia ora storm said:
The intent cannot be proven...yes he got him in the face but it was not an intentional action.

I think you're confusing between malicious and intentional action. He didn't trip over and fall into it and then just prop his shoulder into his nose.

You could argue intent can't be proven in 99% of cases. What do you expect them to do? Hook him up to a polygraph? It's all subjective, and clearly the tackle was damaging to the player on the receiving end, Reni Maitua.

Ridders

Coach
Thierry Henry said:
I can't get my head around how this isn't worse than the SBW tackle on Johns.

well that was andrew johns and in newcastle, totally different scenario.

Should get 2 weeks

_Johnsy

Referee
he's a qld'er of course it was intentional just like webb's forearm, becoming a bit of a habit for the dog.

PepsiCo

Juniors
no intent, hit a falling man, will be let off after contesting charge at judicary.
lyon's tackle didnt seem so bad, probably will be let off