What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dallas Johnson

MsStorm

Bench
Heard a heap of rumours that Storm are trying to offload Dallas cos of salary cap issues.
Surely, this can't be true. I would be so devasted if this was the case.

Anyone know the truth?

Noa

First Grade
Who knows.

Ive read it twice in different publications, but RLW could just be re-hashing what theyve read.

little_aza

Juniors
i'd be so angry if that were true..because surely dallas is more important to the team than the likes of lowrie or vea!

Billythekid

First Grade
i'd be so angry if that were true..because surely dallas is more important to the team than the likes of lowrie or vea!

His also a SOO player and is likely worth A LOT more than Lowrie or Vea. We can't keep all our star players.

Having said that i would much prefer to see us offload Brett White.

Noa

First Grade
His also a SOO player and is likely worth A LOT more than Lowrie or Vea. We can't keep all our star players.

Having said that i would much prefer to see us offload Brett White.

Youd have to think White would be amenable to a early exit. His fiance and family live in Sydney dont they ?

And Prop-forwards, we got a sh*t-load of them.

Noa

First Grade
A good percentage of our pack would walk if Dallas left and probably the coach as well.

So you think the coach has no say in who stays and goes ?

Nothing gets done in Melbourne without his aproval.

Billythekid

First Grade
And Prop-forwards, we got a sh*t-load of them.

Thats the main thing. I know i am a little biased against him but i would rate him as our 3rd or 4th best prop and with the quality of our juniors i don't expect him to stay there.

We are paying him way to much for the tiny impact he makes. Lately the storm have been very good at letting players go when their price on the market becomes inflated. I think we made a mistake resigning him which was certainly out of the ordinary for our club.

I won't be sad to see the back of him.

ST09RM

Juniors
it wont happen......... Scott Anderson, Jeff Lima or Anthony Quinn will get a release before Johnson he is a favorite son to us NOOOOOOOOO WAY

Watmough is a bloody good player but I would have DJ over him any day...DJ never gets the headlines because he goes about his game in a methodical way and does the little things that are essential to a winning team.

His tackling and general ability to take on a high workload in the ruck is the best in the comp and whilst Watmough is a potent attacking forward he also goes missing in crucial games or gives silly penalties away.

Jamskee

Juniors
no more bitter than a black eye..you can ask Gregs women what she thinks about that..;-)

71XGHDW837L._SL500_AA280_.gif

You'll win a grand final one day ;-)